Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:10:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: EP1 required: New Lifetime Wants New Version Available(5/22/06)  (Read 46196 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 11:29:51 am »

Oh Great Hack Daddy Squinge, please answer the question of your faithful wench: If I have EP3, but not FFS, do I need the EP3 version, or the EP2 one?

TY
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 11:44:43 am »

Quote from: Rogue777
Oh Great Hack Daddy Squinge, please answer the question of your faithful wench: If I have EP3, but not FFS, do I need the EP3 version, or the EP2 one?

TY

You need EP3 version.  Always install mods in regards of the most recent EP you have.

The EP3/FFS version is working with both EP3 and/or FFS.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 12:08:05 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh
You need EP3 version. Always install mods in regards of the most recent EP you have.
Did you ever notice the problem that Sandilou mentioned while you were testing this?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 12:11:18 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
Did you ever notice the problem that Sandilou mentioned while you were testing this?

I have no idea, I never thought of checking that.  You could maybe ask Nec.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 12:13:27 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh
I have no idea, I never thought of checking that. You could maybe ask Nec.
Good idea she usually thinks of checking all kinds of things during testing that I would never think of checking Smiley

Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 12:20:40 pm »

I checked the family info in the neighborhood screen and I didn't see the same thing as Sandilou. Everything looked normal to me. Cheesy

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 01:46:24 pm »

Quote from: Ozzucay
I checked the family info in the neighborhood screen and I didn't see the same thing as Sandilou. Everything looked normal to me. Cheesy
That is a strange glitch, I don't think this mod would cause it but you never know Smiley

giggy6004

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 04:09:39 am »

Quote from: Sandilou
the icon for the Pleasure sim which normally appears when you click on the family info, disappeared from the neighbourhood screen

:!: The Neighborhood screen?
Do you mean when you view a lot with a family in it?
Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2006, 05:24:49 am »

Quote from: giggy6004
:!: The Neighborhood screen?
Do you mean when you view a lot with a family in it?

Yes.  All the other icons are there - Family, Knowledge etc, but not Pleasure.
darcee

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2006, 08:47:24 am »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who worked on this one.  It's amazing how you guys are able to fix things that are obviously lacking in the game.  Great work!
syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2006, 10:10:39 pm »

Yes.  All the other icons are there - Family, Knowledge etc, but not Pleasure.

Hrm I haven't noticed this yet. I will check soon. I have one household that has tons of sims with different aspirations, including Pleasure.

That would be a strange glitch tho. I'm assuming that it went away when you removed the changes and put back your backed up files?

Ste

syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2006, 04:26:39 pm »

Just thought that I would report, I did a quick check in a household that had a pleasure sim (so far, I only have one in my neighborhood), and the icon was fine. *shrugs* I don't know what could cause that problem other than possibly an impending sign of an approaching BFBFVS or maybe a graphical problem? :dontknow:

Ste

Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2006, 04:16:26 am »

Ste - did you check on the neighbourhood lot info screen?  That's where mine are missing.  They are all present and correct when I go into the lot.  It could be that they were missing even before I installed this mod, but I only noticed it after installing because I was checking on aspirations.

I'm going to put back the old files and reload the game, just to see if they are there.  Then I'll redownload the mod files from here this time (I used those at MTS2) and see if it makes any difference.

Edit: Oh dear...no icons on the original program files either! It is the BFVOS after all!  Time to detox my pc with the equivalent of a colonic irrigation - yep... a manual uninstall!

Update: Ew... I did reinstall and I discovered that the Pleasure Sim icon only appears in the Maxis base neighbourhoods - not my custom neighbourhood.  It's not related to the Downloads folder - I removed it completely in both cases.  Is it just my game that's doing this?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:35:17 pm by Sandilou » Logged
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 09:06:30 pm »

Notice: There's a new Maxis Patch for OFB and FFS over at thesims2.com. When you patch your game remember to remove this mod first! Restore your original Wants.package and WantTuning.package (you DID backup the originals, right?) before installing the patch. You can put this mod back afterward.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2006, 03:13:43 am »

Ste - did you check on the neighbourhood lot info screen? That's where mine are missing. They are all present and correct when I go into the lot. It could be that they were missing even before I installed this mod, but I only noticed it after installing because I was checking on aspirations.

I'm going to put back the old files and reload the game, just to see if they are there. Then I'll redownload the mod files from here this time (I used those at MTS2) and see if it makes any difference.

Edit: Oh dear...no icons on the original program files either! It is the BFVOS after all! Time to detox my pc with the equivalent of a colonic irrigation - yep... a manual uninstall!

Update: Ew... I did reinstall and I discovered that the Pleasure Sim icon only appears in the Maxis base neighbourhoods - not my custom neighbourhood. It's not related to the Downloads folder - I removed it completely in both cases. Is it just my game that's doing this?

Just wanted to reply to this as I hadn't checked back in a while...

...by now, it seems you figured out it was a different problem. I did check in the neighborhood view, and my icons were still there, but yes this was a Maxis base hood (Pleasantview). I don't have any custom hoods, so I haven't had a chance to look at this. I will try and check this a little later on my test account to see if a custom hood has problems. But I would still doubt that it would be related to this particular hack, as this hack really shouldn't edit or affect icons. :dontknow:

As for being compatible with the new patches, I imagine they should be. I just installed FFS on my sister's machine and patched. I checked the timestamps of the packages in the Wants folder, and although they do have a different date than OFB, I don't think the size changed significantly. I can't imagine they would have added anything to change wants between OFB and FFS, since FFS is supposed to only be a 'shopping pack' anyways. rolleyes I would say that this hack should pretty much be safe for patched OFB And FFS games. Smiley

Hopefully, with the next shopping pack, it won't be a problem either. It probably won't be an issue really until the next EP/Petz this fall. Because they will most likely edit the Wants packages, and then this mod might need to be updated due to possible instance and GUID changes.

Ste

PS. I just wanted to say, even though it's great to thank me, I didn't do any of the work really. I merely was just a second pair of eyes to help suss out a silly, minor thing. Give credit where credit is due, which is all to Squinge. He made this wonderful hack possible and it is a shame that Maxis still won't consider updating this since it would be very easy.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: