Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:58:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paws, please?  (Read 3675 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Red XIII

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:33:27 pm »

Alright, as a few of you may now, I've been wanting to get someone to help me with a pair of Swat Kats Sims. HOWEVER, this is not specifically for that; this is for anyone who wants to make an anthro Sim as well! So, does anyone out there have what it takes to make a big step forwards for the growing furry Sims population?:tongue5:
~*Winry*~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:50:46 pm »

i mit make it happen but i want to see that too its sounds really cool i love anthro furries! i draw them all the time this should be easy!

Once upon a time there was a girl You really wouldn't call her typical Had her own definition of cool She lived in her own world She had her own style her own rules She played along like it was usual Nobody really even knew her name Her life was one big game
-sharada skye sweetnam :dance:
wademilner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 10:48:44 am »

You can download the Tail here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=94335

The hair & ears here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=148683&goto=nextnewest

And the rest at:
http://genensims.com/geneticsets/accessories_01.htm
Red XIII

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 02:21:57 pm »

Quote from: wademilner

I know about all of that; I was asking for actual paws of some sort, at least for the feet. hands with a bit of padding and/or claws would be nice as well...
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 04:13:05 pm »

Quote from: Red XIII
I know about all of that; I was asking for actual paws of some sort, at least for the feet. hands with a bit of padding and/or claws would be nice as well...

Which is outside the scope of the current project as I understand it.  The WBVP is to widen the range of HUMAN body variety so that you had more than just 34b-32-34 ladies walking around. :smt120
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 05:38:37 pm »

That's true, but I did label this forum as Requests for BodyShapes, whether it's by me or someone else... so I think it qualifies.  I do have to say it's a bit outside the scope of what I'd be interested in doing, but someone else could pick it up and run with it.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
robindude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:15:26 am »

I've been trying to get the anthro stuff, but Genensims.com seems to be dead at the moment.  Is this a permanent thing?  Does the stuff exist elsewhere?  Is it, perhaps, because I live in Canada?  Reeeaaaalllllyyyy want the anthro stuff but can't find any references to it that don't mention the genensims.com site! *cries*
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 09:56:06 am »

Red - the problem with paws is the animations - sure we could make them the right shape easily enough - but then they would probably have the same functionality as a hoof if we were not especially careful in the assignments.

The real problem we face in creating this request is the fact that Maxis does not allow custom content creators the power to modify the joint position of the animation skeleton.  Whereas it is true that we can shift things about in the body meshes etc, these pinions are slaved to a master animation skeleton that is immutable.  If we had this ability we would have long ago seen Hulks, Kzinti, Beasts, and every sort of anthropomorph you might imagine.

just adding the paws as an accessory would not have an attractive result - it would be the equivalent of putting boxing gloves on the hands and feet - and where this may be good for a laugh - i don't think that it is what you are after.  My own attempts at trying to resolve the whole of this ended up looking like those big slippers with the felt claws you see given as gag gifts, not at all what I wanted associated with my name as a creator.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: