Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 10:20:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EP2 required:Single Serving Foods by Morague Updated(5/23/07)  (Read 28260 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 01:48:13 am »

I'm sure you're right. Poor, starving sims with no cooking skills and no microwave will just have to live on TV dinners until they know how to cook something else.Cheesy

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 01:50:05 am »

Lol TV dinner are better than ramen though Wink or this :violent2:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 02:51:19 am »

I just fixed the mac & cheese the bowl is now empty after sims eat all the mac & cheese.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Morague

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 04:04:01 am »

Ozzucay,

I tried many different ways to present the Mac & Cheese & in the end I decided the best way to go was to have the single servings in the micro & group servings from the stove. The reason for this, is if I kept the single serving enabled for the stove, then there would be 2 menu items - both of them saying Have Mac & Cheese - it just seemed less confusing to only have one listing showing up. Plus I figured that people who download this would be using the microwave Smiley

However, I can make an alternative version that re-enables the single serving from the stove if you don't mind having Mac & Cheese show up as 2 separate listings on the menu.

Morague

Thanks, squinge, for fixing the display issue - I tested but none of the sims were very hungry so i didn't realize the animation wasn't working properly! **note to self** make sure to test with hungry sims!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 04:08:21 am »

Quote from: Morague
Thanks, squinge, for fixing the display issue - I tested but none of the sims were very hungry so i didn't realize the animation wasn't working properly! **note to self** make sure to test with hungry sims!
Your welcome, I have tested things the same way myself before & didn't know anything was wrong until after I posted it & someone reported the problem, what I did was minor you did all the hard stuff Smiley

Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 12:51:19 pm »

Quote from: Morague
Ozzucay,

I tried many different ways to present the Mac & Cheese & in the end I decided the best way to go was to have the single servings in the micro & group servings from the stove. The reason for this, is if I kept the single serving enabled for the stove, then there would be 2 menu items - both of them saying Have Mac & Cheese - it just seemed less confusing to only have one listing showing up. Plus I figured that people who download this would be using the microwave Smiley

However, I can make an alternative version that re-enables the single serving from the stove if you don't mind having Mac & Cheese show up as 2 separate listings on the menu.

Morague

I actually don't know if you should reenable the single servings from the stove. On the one hand, if you did, sims that don't have a microwave would only have one choice for how to cook it. Only sims with a stove and microwave would have the two confusing menu choices. On the other hand, I have Squinge's any meal any time mod installed and there are other things they can make (which is why I sort of don't care).

Ooh, I just had a thought...When a house has both a stove and a toaster oven and you tell them to make a single grilled cheese sandwich by clicking on the fridge, I'm pretty sure they use the toaster oven, but if you tell them to make a single sandwich by clicking on the stove that forces them to use the stove. Maybe you could enable it that way?

Quote from: Squinge
I just fixed the mac & cheese the bowl is now empty after sims eat all the mac & cheese.

Thanks for fixing the non-empty bowl for the mac & cheese. Can you fix the chili, too? :happy1:

Morague

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 01:56:55 pm »

I sent the updated chili file to Squinge already Smiley

I just looked at the grilled cheese sandwich. There isn't anything in it to make it choose the toaster oven over the stove. It probably works like that because the game just picks whichever one it comes across first.

The basic problem with the mac n cheese & the chili is that they are "new" foods. I had to clone them from the ramen to get the single servings to work in the micro rather than just enabling the option in the base food. This is why there are 2 menu choices - the game sees them as 2 different things because they have different GUIDs. I'll think about this & see what I can come up with. Worse case scenario is that I make an alternative version where the Have option shows up twice on the fridge menu.

Morague
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 02:08:19 pm by Morague » Logged
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 02:19:07 pm »

Thanks, Morague!

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 05:13:49 pm »

I just posted an updated version of Morague's Chili she fixed the problem with the bowl not being empty after sims finish eating.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 03:44:35 am »

Morague has made a breakfast sandwich for your sims.

This food has been tested & approved by MissDoh & Ozzucay. **throws thanks at all the testers**
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:08:40 am by Squinge » Logged

jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 11:09:59 am »

Ah, thanks for the breakfast Morague!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 04:25:21 am »

The call to meal menu now appears for the breakfast sandwich.

Shimmer
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 03:15:15 pm »

what is a breakfast sandwich?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 03:16:54 pm »

Quote from: starlightxmints
what is a breakfast sandwich?

It looks like an egg McMuffin you get at McDonalds.
Shimmer
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 01:36:34 am »

I don't eat at mcdonalds..

but I looked at it in the game, and it looks like a frozen.. or atleast pale hamburger..
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: