Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:39:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: High Resolution skin for Elder Female  (Read 10232 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
janjanko

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:47:35 pm »

I have an idea if you could make a high resolution skin for female elders. The elders, I think will have a good look if you could put your high resolution to elders.

Protect my palace from danger. Allies and friends, I need help from your meshes...

I will never surrender
:animal:
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:53:33 am »

I'm keeping it in mind for a later time... I may do something with them similar to the teens, with a limited set and 3 sizes, but I really haven't decided yet.  I think it's possible to use Adult meshes for Elders too, but I'm not exactly sure... but that may work as well.  I want to get more for the Adults and Teens done first though.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 06:08:42 pm »

Warlokk, I have a question to ask you. How can I put the high resolution nude tops for the elder female? It is like putting other meshes into other ages. Can you show me how?, please...

Protect my palace from danger. Allies and friends, I need help from your meshes...

I will never surrender
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 06:42:18 pm »

You'd need to follow Marvine's tutorial on mesh-linked skintones, but apply the meshes to the Elder Female assignments.  Her tutorial is here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=89397  I'm not exactly sure how well it would work, but theoretically it should do what you'd expect... it would have the Adult meshes with the Elder animations.

janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:34:59 pm »

What I want to know is how to place adult clothing to the elder clothes so my elder females can wear your high resolution tops. Do you know tutorials on how to do that? And if possible, without using SimPE because I don't have it but I have Milkshape.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:39:36 pm by janjanko » Logged

I will never surrender
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 07:50:09 pm »

I know there's a category changer in the DataGen program, which can be found over at TSR... there's a way to do it in SimPe also, I'm sure.  Those two programs would be the only way to do it, you'd have to change the category settings on the clothing to include Elder.  I've never done it though.  Both programs are free, by the way, no reason not to get them.

janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 07:56:26 pm »

Thanks, Warlokk. Now my elder females wear the meshes you made for the adult female. I would love to share this for you so you can see what I made. Well, after I've done recoloring. I recolor all things I downloaded from you but I didn't upload it to any site. May I upload it to free sites including Insimenator and MTS2?

I will never surrender
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:43:53 pm »

Absolutely!  I know a lot of folks have asked about Elder stuff for my meshes, if it works well adapting the adult stuff like this, a lot of people will be quite happy... :goodjob:  Can't wait to see them!

janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 02:24:47 am »

Warlokk, I have another question. Is it possible to combine tops and bottoms so I could use your nude tops with your 40'' bottoms? If you know how to do this. Please show me how. I also have another plan. How could I separate full body meshes. Separating full body clothing and combining tops and bottoms are one of my problems for now. Will you be kind enough to help me for this.http://www.insimenator.net/images/smilies/daisy.gif
:daisy:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:32:09 am by janjanko » Logged

I will never surrender
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:31:13 am »

Separating a full-body into 2 parts is tricky... however, combining them is easy in Milkshape with the new tools, you just import each one using Wes's plugins, weld the waistline together, and change the Comments of each group to match another full-body mesh.  However, you don't need to worry about it, I'll be releasing full-body nude and topless meshes in each size soon.

janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 07:31:46 pm »

Warlokk, I created a full body mesh. I wanted it to have 40' size bottoms so I neeed to cut off the top. Do you know any tutorials in the internet to help me. I really need this because I edited one of your nude tops so they could look like more like elders. I wanted to separate this mesh into two so I could the new nude top attached to your 40' bottoms for this project, then my elder project will be done. Thanks

I will never surrender
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 09:43:55 pm »

Your best bet would be to head over to MTS2, in the Create section, under the BodyShop Meshes area.  All the threads and tutorials and such are in that area, and it's the best place to ask questions and learn.  Everything I know, I've learned from the folks over there (many of whom are here now too Smiley)

Overall it should be fairly easy though, if you're using Wes's tools... you'll want to make sure you cut off the top at the same line the other tops separate from the bottoms, then you need to make sure each Group (for the morphs) has the same Comments as a standard Top mesh, instead of the Body mesh comments.  The bone assignments should stay, if your full mesh is done correctly.

Alternately, you could start with one of my top meshes and edit that instead... then at least everything would be in the right place.  I'll be starting the clothing soon though, so you'll have more options in that regard before too long, too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:46:43 pm by Warlokk » Logged

janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 10:27:14 pm »

Can you simplify it for me? I can't understand what those tutorials in MTS2 says.
Please help me...

I will never surrender
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 10:52:32 pm »

LOL uhhh... not really... this stuff is HARD... took me a while to even get my first mesh into the game.  Once it clicks though it's not too bad, but expect to have a lot of exploding meshes at first.

janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 12:51:18 am »

Okey, I'm gonna force myself to understand it

I will never surrender
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: