Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:59:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to my old Body Shape Project Sims?  (Read 5243 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
charliex

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2006, 10:35:15 pm »

Hi.  Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I was wondering what will happen to all my Sims using the original Body Shape Meshes once I update to the hi-res meshes?  

I undestand that the clean-up program will replace the old meshes with the new, but does that apply to the skins as well?  If my Sims weren't created with the hi-res version of BodyShape, will they be transformed or effected at all?  I want to upgrade, but I don't want my old Sims to dissappear....:sad11:
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:27:03 am »

Not to worry... I specifically built the new meshes with the same internal references as the previous set.  So, even though the filenames have changed, the outfits and skintones will use the new meshes automatically.  By deleting the old meshes, you ensure the skins and clothing will reference the new mesh.  Otherwise there would be a conflict, and you may not see the new meshes.  With all the great outfits and skintones folks have created for my original set, there was no way I was going to make everyone re-do all that work.

The only catch is, skintones created for the old versions may not line up properly on the nipples... depends on the individual skintone.  Clothing however should not be a problem at all.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Black Sabbath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 05:59:34 am »

that was quite "Brilliant" haha i quoted the guiness phrase

What is the price of a bullet? Another hole in the head. a flag drapped over a coffin. Another soldier is dead.
How many victims have fallen? How many more have to die? People dying in masses. angel of death standing by
charliex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 01:11:09 am »

Quote from: Warlokk
The only catch is, skintones created for the old versions may not line up properly on the nipples... depends on the individual skintone.  Clothing however should not be a problem at all.

I'm experiencing the misaligned skin tones for a couple of my in game sims using custom skins someone madefor your original meshes.  Is there any known mod or hacked object that will let me reassign your new skins to my in-game sims?  Probably a long shot but I thought someone here might no if one exists.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:04:19 am »

There's a rather complicated way to do it in SimPE, I believe.  Do some searching around over at MTS2, I think I saw it over there.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
charliex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:33:03 am »

Thanks!  I found a thread over there with about a half dozen people looking for the same thing so I added my voice to the growing masses who are begging some talented hacker to take up the challenge.:animal:   I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: