Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:31:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial - Custom Television Channel [Download]  (Read 30156 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 04:08:59 pm »

It may be working. Try to put the file in the game and see what happens.
Eric
BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 02:55:40 am »

In the Object Data image, I made a mistake.  It is not necessary to click a yes or no after clicking Commit, the change is committed automatically.  I have corrected that error... my apologies.

Eric
simsgenius

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 12:59:51 pm »

where would I find the "Custom Television Channel.package" file?
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 02:11:36 pm »

Quote from: simsgenius
where would I find the "Custom Television Channel.package" file?

possible in Post #7

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
simsgenius

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 03:49:52 am »

DOH! I'm an idiot! Thanks for putting up with me lol. Cheesy

And btw, if you helped me with the insimenator, I got that working too and it's my favorite object so THANKS! Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Eric
BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 02:01:15 am »

Hi,

I quoted a couple of useful posts from my custom television thread on MTS2...

Quote from: t.styler on MTS2
Hey there,
okay this is for all the people who got the same problem as me, with that blue flashing tv screen.
The only thing to solve this problem is to edit the broadcast.ini in your download directory, and not in your game directory.
Should work then... :-)
But i think this is only for Sims 2 and not for the Expansion Pack players.

greets,
t.styler

Quote from: Dan&Mel on MTS2
First of all thanks to Eric for the simple tutorial.

For all those pre-university struggling with the blue flashing screen, here is what I did to get it to work:
1. Modified the broadcast.ini files in both the installation and the download directory (hey, better safe than sorry). Initially this still didn't seem to work.
2. Then I created an empty station subfolder also in the game installation directory: ...EA Games/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/Movies/Broadcast. I had already created the station subfolder in the download folder structure. And this solved the problem for me.

Please note that I put my own movie files in the station folder in the download folder structure. The station subfolder in the installation directories remains empty.

It may be that step 1 is sufficient, because when I did step 2 I also double checked and redid step 1, just to ensure I did not make any typo's...
joao

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 07:24:28 am »

Quote from: Eric
Let's open the Custom Television Channel.package file in SimPE and begin with the "Object Data" file...

Sorry but i have one question about this Guid thing....

Do i had simply ocasional numbers of my own or do i use that buton GET THE GUID, cause when i do it it says that the guide is not acepted by the data base and also asks for user regis....Huh?

what exactly am i doing rong here bro... :shock:
joao

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 07:27:48 am »

Next let's choose what we want our pie menu caption to say...

Sorry again in this case do i had the name of the TV station i whant or the reference to the number where is positioned, like 0x8 for example...Huh?

I feel like a nerd sorry...hahaha :shock:  :lol:
Eric
BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 07:59:24 am »

Quote from: joao
Let's open the Custom Television Channel.package file in SimPE and begin with the "Object Data" file...

Sorry but i have one question about this Guid thing....

Do i had simply ocasional numbers of my own or do i use that buton GET THE GUID, cause when i do it it says that the guide is not acepted by the data base and also asks for user regis....Huh?

what exactly am i doing rong here bro... :shock:

SimPE's website is currently down, I think. For now Just make up a temporary GUID.

Quote from: joao
Next let's choose what we want our pie menu caption to say...

Sorry again in this case do i had the name of the TV station i whant or the reference to the number where is positioned, like 0x8 for example...Huh?

I feel like a nerd sorry...hahaha :shock:  :lol:

This would be the text that you want the pie menu to say when you click on "Change Channel..." on a television.  

Example:  Change Channel.../Animal Kingdom  ("Animal Kingdom" would be your new pie menu item)
croc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 09:20:57 am »

I'm hoping I can get a little advice in my custom channel making effots.

I'm trying to make a custom channel with movies made from Sims 2 video captures. I'm taking the Sims 2 movies, editing them in Windows Movie Maker, conveted them to an AVI with... hm, I can't find the program name it was linked on MTS2 and shows up on my directory as Witcobber Super Video Converter... and then fix the settings in  Virtual Dub.

When I try to test it in the game, the movie works but it plays very slowly and looks much low-res than the movies that come with the game.

Does anyone have any advice to what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.
P_soyene

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 02:06:41 am »

Thanks.
SammyTheSim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »

Does anyone know how to add new Movies? Those were introduced in FreeTime, I believe. The problem is that the Watch Movie... menu appears when the TV is off, and whatever custom options I add in the .package file do not appear there, they only appear when the TV is already on.
Would a new .package be required, and if so, could someone please provide it?

I've tried searching left and right, but came up empty. Since the default channel in the .package says "InSIMenator Broadcast Network", I figured this was the best place to ask, even though the thread is ancient.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: