Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:10:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't go to newly owned community lot!  (Read 5950 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:33 pm »

Maxis have just released two new patch, I have just download them today, one is for OFB and the other is FFP, so head to the maxis site, this patch is for problems similar to this one, hope this helps

Cheers Marn39
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 08:52:52 am »

I know this is an old thread, but I can't find anything else.
a month or more ago my game was working fine. I left it for a bit, went on holiday, came back and after a couple of weeks I thought I'd do some game playing. But when I get onto a residential lot with one sim and a house with not to much in it, the 'Protection Error' pops up on my taskbar. My sims never have time to do anything, so I don't think there is anything I downloaded that could cause it. It happened on another res lot too.
The game doesn't shutdown unless you right click the error bar and choose close.
There are 0 hack conflicts.
Could anyone give me more detail on what it is?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 09:30:25 am »

It is something that you downloaded.  I've seen this error frequently in trying to use CC made with the Pets EP installed on the creator's computer.  If you can pull out the last items you put on your computer, your game should start again.  Then it's just a matter of adding a few of those items at a time and trying the game.  Eventually you'll find the problem.
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:26 am »

Thankyou. I'll try that. Now I just have to remember the date I last played it.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 10:07:58 am »

The usual culprits for Pets-related crashes on non-pets installs of the game are:

• Trees
  • Shrubs
  • Sofas
  • Chairs
  • Beds
  • Any pet item (pet bed, pet toy, etc.)
  • Diagonal roofs
  • Rotated floor tiles

In some instances a "stray" is on the lot during export to Sims2Pack and this can cause endless woe for any non-Pets player even if every precaution is taken to make the lot non-Pets friendly. Don't ask me how a stray ends up on a lot that has never been played, but I have seen the pet character files in a few of the lots I have downloaded.

Custom content in the following categories can cause a crash to desktop (CTD) or even a general protection fault (GPF) if the creator has not taken careful measures to make there CC base-game compatible (even clones of base game items):

• Trees
  • Shrubs
  • Sofas
  • Chairs
  • Beds

Many mods/hacks have to be made in two versions pre-Pets and for-Pets, depending on the nature of the hack/mod there may need to be a different version for each EP.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:12:02 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 11:58:55 pm »

Well, it wasn't anything in my downloads file. It was the custom movies in my movies/broadcast file. All fixed now. Actually my game is running alot better then it did before it started crashing. Spooky.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: