Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:29:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my cheat box won't work  (Read 2375 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ajangel0

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:41:46 pm »

can anyone help me.  My cheat box won't work.  When i hit the ctrl shift c cheat the box won't open.  I tried unistalling the game and reinstalling it but it didn't work.  If any can help i would like the help
Thank you
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:07:52 pm »

Are you using Vista?

If yes, then try using Control-Shift-Windows  key-C

Otherwise, see here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Cheat_Box_Won%27t_Appear
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 05:45:12 pm »

If it's not a case of you having CursorXP (as per the link by rwills), I'd guess that you have an HP. My friends with HPs have told me that their HPs did a big update in the last couple of weeks and they now have HP Health Check, which uses that same key combo, ie. ctrl+shift+C. Try using the key combo while NOT in the game and see what it brings up. try changing the shortcut key for whatever happens to come up when you do that.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:01:08 pm »

Engram--

Cursor XP is not the only possible culprit, as outlined clearly at the bottom of the page  of the link  provided ("If You Don't Have Cursor XP").

As for the HP HealthCheck program problem, that is why I suggested the alternate keymix. The hotkey combination in HP Health cannot be readily changed.
Ajangel0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:29:25 am »

I do have an hp.  I did a search on my computer for cursorxp but couldn't find and also i have vista on my computer.
Ajangel0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 02:05:19 pm »

Thanks guys i got the cheat box to work.
The computer health check program was using the same cheat code, so I changed it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: