Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 07:18:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP2 Required: No Memory Affair  (Read 14369 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2006, 11:30:51 am »

This mod prevents the game from creating the had an affair with subject memory.
EP2 Night Life or Greater Is Required.

* NoMemoryAffair.zip (0.29 KB - downloaded 925 times.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:55:02 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »

Nice work!
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 11:44:56 pm »

Thankyou
kendawgwv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 11:56:51 pm »

Thank You! Smiley
hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:16:53 am »

THANK YOU!!! You read my mind...i was fretting and now you've solved my problem! thanks!!!

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions." :asshole:

See my retro/music inspired sims 2 creations here :rr:

Looking for Sim contests? Go to Simoasis! :]
Frezia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 01:21:12 pm »

Thanks so much! Cheesy

Ladydayz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 10:22:56 pm »

just what I wanted, my sims are such prudes,  just a flirt and it blossoms into an affair Cheesy
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 06:27:59 pm »

Yeah, I always hated the STUPID "affair" business. Even a wolf whistle counts as an affair, if I remember rightly.

The jealousy nonsense in TS2 is absolutely crackers if you ask me. For instance, if Steve is married to Jane, and THEY kiss while Luke(who, for whatever reason is in love with Jane), witnesses it, then Luke will run up and slap Jane! Well frankly, in a situation like THAT it's none of Luke's bloody business and HE is the one who should be getting a slapping for coveting thy neighbour's... er, well, spouse.

I for one would love to see this stupidity amended.

I used to run a No Jealousy at all Hack in order to stop all the craziness of slapping sims without justification, but found it too cathartic because I could never engineer ANY instances of Jealousy.

I reckon a Hack that ignored "In Love" as a factor, but instead worked on the "Going Steady", "Engaged" or "Married" flags would be better. Those flags are ALWAYS mutual, and ALWAYS exclusive to other parties, whereas "In Love" is unilateral and commonplace, thus SHOULDN'T be considered grounds for determining Jealous responses.

Afterall, how can a sim be reckoned to have broken the rules of a relationship that hasn't been given any kind of formalising agreement?

It's just stupid.

What do you reckon, Squinge? Do you think a Jealousy Hack that ignored "In Love" but instead relied upon "Going Steady", "Engaged" and "Married" could be done?

I could repost this stuff in the form of a proper request thread if you'd prefer it that way. Cheesy
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 06:48:50 pm »

Quote from: Thraxwhirl
What do you reckon, Squinge? Do you think a Jealousy Hack that ignored "In Love" but instead relied upon "Going Steady", "Engaged" and "Married" could be done?

I could repost this stuff in the form of a proper request thread if you'd prefer it that way. Cheesy
I think that may be possible I will add it to my list, & thats ok I could always move it to the request forum if I need to.Smiley

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 08:02:25 pm »

Thanks, Squinge. Smiley A Hack like that would be super-cool if it can work alongside the InTeen, since - as far as I know - Inteen is the only Hack available which enables Adults to "Go Steady", so it'll rock if it can complement that. Smiley

I'd like to point out at this juncture that it's much appreciated that you take time to have a go at all these Hacks for us. I confess I feel a bit guilty about having asked for a few favours over the past few weeks since OfB came out.

I wouldn't like to be party to giving you an excessive workload beyond what you can manage.

Do tell me to butt out if/when you feel I'm being overly demanding. I won't be offended.

In any case, thanks ever so much for all that you've done, are doing, and will do in due course. Prior to OfB's release, I don't think I'd heard of you, but over the last six or so weeks you've rapidly become one of my very favourite modders, and between you, Eric and Jase, I have to say THIS site is now more essential to me than ever before.

Smiley

Thanks so much.

:wave:
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 09:48:12 pm »

This is more of a curiousity than anything. I had Brandi flirt with a neighbor while her husband was in another room and she did not get an affair memory. I had her husband flirt with a neighbor with Brandi in the same room and he did not get an affair memory either, but he did get slapped around. The curious thing is that neither one of them got a "caught spouse cheating" memory or a "got caught cheating memory". It also reminded me that I want the only slap once hack. Also, Brandi is not furious with her husband, although they lost most of their STR and LTR. Sam (husband) is ticked off at Brandi, though. Probably for slapping him around. Weird, huh?

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 06:50:53 am »

Quote from: Ozzucay
The curious thing is that neither one of them got a "caught spouse cheating" memory or a "got caught cheating memory". It also reminded me that I want the only slap once hack. Also, Brandi is not furious with her husband, although they lost most of their STR and LTR. Sam (husband) is ticked off at Brandi, though. Probably for slapping him around. Weird, huh?
I think the got caught cheating may be part of the memory affair code; I will double check & let you know the reason for that.Smiley

KnightSkyKyte

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 04:44:36 am »

Squinge, so glad if/when you bring out a hack like Thraxwhirl mentioned - that business always annoyed the hell out of me too, for exactly the same logic and reasons.

Thankyou for this hack!

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: