Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:51:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP1 & EP2 required: Locked Myne Door Family Fix  (Read 8472 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »

This mod allows relatives of the sim who claimed a myne door to enter that locked room, it also allows influenced Sims to enter the locked room, the family relationship is determined by the current selected sim so any sims on the lot that are related to the current selected sim will be allowed to enter those locked rooms, **it also allows the current selected sim to enter any room with a locked myne door even if they didn’t claim it** (**not included in the alternate version**).

EP1 & EP2 or greater are required to use this mod.
This mod is compatible with FFS.
Only download one version of this mod.
MyneDoorFixAltVer.zip (**Alternate version**)
I try to ensure that all of my mods are 100% bug free but sometimes a bug pops up that I wasn’t aware of; If you find a bug please send me a private message; I can usually fix it within a couple of minutes.

* MyneDoorFamilyFix.zip (0.86 KB - downloaded 286 times.)
* MyneDoorFixAltVer.zip (0.83 KB - downloaded 216 times.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:51:49 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
poisonedsodapop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:54:47 am »

This is a nice hack but ironically I like the family members not being able to go through those doors. It keeps the sims from sleeping in any bed but their own if they have their own bedroom. That becomes so annoying with 3 bedrooms on 2 floors and multiple sims in the house.

Zaefire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:40:21 pm »

I appreciate the hack very much, but in my case, the two families in the duplex are blood-related families and I think this won't stop them from using one another's houses, losing one another's babies and leaving messes in the wrong kitchen or having the husbands sleep with the wrong twin sister.

I hope there is a fix for my problem.

This will help others where the families are not related. Smiley  I have some of those too that I want to put in apartments.

If you can hack for my particular problem I will look for your message.
BTW I have and will have all EPs

Again, thank you Squinge

:brave:  Keep moving..it's harder to hit a moving target.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 10:56:44 pm »

Quote from: Zaefire
If you can hack for my particular problem I will look for your message.
BTW I have and will have all EPs

Again, thank you Squinge
Hopefully I will be able to think of something else, I was hoping your two families weren't related, I will let you know asap Smiley

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 04:24:54 am »

Thanks!!
ari_

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 09:30:30 pm »

Quote from: Zaefire

I hope there is a fix for my problem.

Inge's 4-key lockable doors, maybe? Or the Tunafish targettable doors, which I think are at MATY.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 10:17:44 pm »

Quote from: ari_
Inge's 4-key lockable doors, maybe? Or the Tunafish targettable doors, which I think are at MATY.

It was already suggested to Zaefire but she finds it too complicated to program.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 10:29:04 pm by MissDoh » Logged
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 06:02:17 am »

Hi Squinge!

Do you know if the game has a special way to recognise siblings or they are just "a family member"?
When I include a family connection externally (by including parents), all the relatives get a family status but siblings are not recognized phisically (by a family icon). This will happen only when one of the siblings get own children. Then it seems that the game makes a search for relations and recover them.
I mean that your door would have problems if siblings are simply stated as family members, so it would be difficult to stablish direct descendence (parents + children + grans)
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 09:08:09 am »

Quote from: XPTL297
Do you know if the game has a special way to recognise siblings or they are just "a family member"?
I have used this since EP1 & it worked with siblings, step children, grandparents, grandchildren, it has worked with all relatives with or without the icon, I think there is a function called am I a sibling of sim a or something like that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: