Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:41:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Yikes! Autonomous murder!  (Read 15171 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rexetimperator

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2006, 09:35:40 pm »

I didn't think this was even possible, but playing last night I had a sim autonomously murder another sim! It happened in the secret society of my university lot.

I had forgotten to turn off jealousy (with Insimenator) and my active sim flirted with one of the sims there which set off the jealous slap reaction from another sim who was in love with her. I fixed up their relationship and turned off jealousy but forgot about the sims relationship the other guy. He picked a fight with him, which I thought I'd let run its course. Then the other guy disappeared and the fight was over. I searched for him on the lot but he was nowhere to be seen. I couldn't see an urn or tombstone either. There had been no crying softly.

I thought I would nevertheless just get my active sim to check with the Grim Reaper on the resurrectometron (or whatever it is). Sure enough, there he was, dead!

I was so shocked I resurrected him and made him best friends with his murderer, who, incidentally, had the memory only of winning the fight against the other sim. Anyone else had this happen? I have lots of hacks but none that allow autonomous murder so far as I know. I found it very disturbing.

Another curious thing happening in my game is my sims are autonomously falling in love without any romantic interactions. They'll just be talking away and suddenly fall inlove.I don't mind this as it is actually like this in real life (I have found), but I did not think the game allowed it.
PrincessSami83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:23:37 pm »

Quote from: rexetimperator
Another curious thing happening in my game is my sims are autonomously falling in love without any romantic interactions. They'll just be talking away and suddenly fall inlove.I don't mind this as it is actually like this in real life (I have found), but I did not think the game allowed it.

I had something similar happen to me today. I had a mascot hang out in one of my uni lots when all of the sudden he started slapping the womans husband. I looked through all of the memories, and everyone only had a memory of just meeting this guy with the exception of the husband. He had a memory of cheating on the mascot, but nothing to do with love. They were friends, but there was nothing romantic. What was even stranger was after that, the husband and all the kids were furious with the mother, but she only talked to him at the dinner table.

I've seen a lot of strange behaviors since installing OFB, so mysterious murders and spontaneous love don't really surprise me much.
rexetimperator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 10:45:26 pm »

Now, the false cheating memory rings a bell. Wasn't this something that was supposed to be fixed in the patch? Or there is a hack to fix it or something. Anyway, I've seen comment about it before.

I also had this, but way back in the sims memory, and, again, I had jealousy off so it didn't bother the family and I never noticed anything untoward at the time. I know it was a false memory as this sim had always been absolutely faithful to her husband. But you could be on to something if spontaneous falling in love triggers this memory in committed sims.
Queen_Maddi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 12:35:01 am »

Doesnt really ring a bell for me although i do have sims every now and then falling in love after one normal joke (not dirty) Its wierd!

I am not pregnant. I lied and made the entire thing up.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:00:16 am »

This is basically caused by "stunlocking". Sim "free will" is essentially an "idle" behavior, in that sims, before finally deciding to take action because you won't, will wait for your orders for a rather lengthy period of time. What happens, therefore, is if you don't do anything, a sim will finally take an action chosen basically randomly from the things he's thinking of. If that action involves another sim, that sim will be forced to participate in it. When the actions finish, both sims then restart their countdowns towards declaring boredom and doing something on their own. If the initiating sim's action terminates first, he then begins the countdown towards when he decides you're not telling him anything new to do and does it. He will most likely choose to act on the closest object, namely, that other sim, before that other sim can finish his idle, and thus forcing him to participate.

As a result, that other sim becomes 'stunlocked', and is unable to choose his own actions. He can eventually die from this if the other sims don't leave him alone because he will never be allowed to choose an action of his own to do something that might (but probably won't) restore his motives.
Queen_Maddi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 02:03:00 am »

I was about to say that Smiley............................ Lol

I am not pregnant. I lied and made the entire thing up.
rexetimperator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 06:40:31 am »

So he murdered the guy because he was bored! Not even a crime of passion. And he had a pretty high niceness score as well.

Such darkness lurking in the hearts of my sims! I shall be keeping an eye on them.
alexasrosa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 10:29:15 am »

Ok, I'm dense  - I admit it. But how do you fix the relationship after the cheating?

I have a couple that are really furious with each other because of a little flirting, and now I don't know how to get rid of the furious red face in the relationship panel...

PrincessSami83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 11:11:05 am »

You can use InSim. I believe the quick relations sectional has the ability to change the furious state.
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 12:32:00 pm »

The furious thing is the only thing that really bugs me.  Sure it may be more realistic, but it's annoying.  Plus all the fighting that goes on.  Aragh!

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
KatieMae

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 01:02:08 pm »

WOW thats scary! I've had my Sims want to see the ghost of someone they're mad at but I never thought they could commit murder! No more free will for them :tongue5:
SnickyWhick27

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 02:29:11 pm »

Small question.  Just answer if you can.  How do you get those crazy secret society people to recruit your sims?  How are they recruited so that they arewisked away to the secret socity house?

:color: Courage isn't the absence of fear, it is knowing that you fear something and have the determination and the strength to face and defeat it:dog:
PrincessSami83

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 04:17:29 pm »

They have to become friends with 3 secret society members.
rexetimperator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 10:33:57 pm »

The sim that committed the murder and the sim he killed were both townies. That is what I found most disturbing.
ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 09:04:07 am »

Maybe "C.S.I.:Pleasantville" could be a new expansion pack?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: