Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:05:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Careers: Self-Employed & Happily Unemployed  (Read 58531 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jphill11

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:34:38 pm »

Self-Employed and Happily Unemployed Careers

EP Compatible
Won't overwite any other careers
For adults, teens and elders.
Custom icons.
No chance cards (because they wouldn't work since Sims with these careers never actually go to work.)
One level, no promotions, demotions, etc.

What these careers do:

Give your business owning Sims a job as far as the game is concerned, but there are no hours, no pay, and no carpool will ever come. The point is that when you click on self-employed Sims' job info you'll see "Self-Employed" instead of "Unemployed" Also since the game will see them as having a job, they will no longer get those pesky job wants (because you know they already HAVE one, now the game will realize it too.)  

The Happily Unemployed Sim career is exactly the same as the Self-Employed career, except for the name and the icon. This is for housewife or retired Sims who don't WANT a job.

The only downside: Since the game reads these as a job where every day is a day off, every day you'll get the "Brandi has the day off today" pop up. Just close it and pretend it isn't there.  

When you give a Sim one of these careers you'll get a pop up that says the carpool will arrive at 2 pm, but it won't, ever.

These will appear in the regular job listings like any other career, or you can assign them with the Insimenator or Monique's computer, etc.

Enjoy!

- Judy
judy@epix.net

* selfemployed.zip (194.04 KB - downloaded 6204 times.)
* happilyunemployed.zip (196.05 KB - downloaded 5427 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:34:31 pm by jphill11 » Logged
cookniro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:54:46 pm »

It annoys me when my sim is busy running her family or the family business my wants slot are take up by carrear wants. When is she to have the time. She;s exhausted.
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:06:45 am »

What a great idea. Thanks a bunch for this.

BOW BEFORE THE LORD OF THE EVIL SIMS
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12:20 am »

Thanks Judy, this was really needed.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
dadditude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 03:57:32 pm »

Is there any way to modify these in such a way where they would not show up in the paper or on the computer, but could still be given to a Sim by shift-clicking on the newspaper with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true (or InSIM or Monique's computer)? That way, one wouldn't have to worry about them getting in the way when trying to fulfil a sim's want to get a specific job...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 03:59:46 pm by dadditude » Logged
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:26:17 pm »

Dadditude I don't think there's a way to do that, but Superfly would know if there is.  But, if you want to fulfill a specific job want, you can do that with boolprop or Insim or Monique's computer...  I guess you're talking about fulfilling it a little more honestly though?  The more custom careers you have the less chance you get of having the job you actually want pop up in the newspaper or computer.  That's actually why I just use Monique's computer all the time for jobs anymore.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:47:34 pm »

This looks great. Owning their own business is a full time job of its own. Thanks.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 01:45:28 am »

nice one, it's a bind keeping my stay at home dad happy, this'll do nicely!

ta very muchly

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
SuperFly2005

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 11:35:47 am »

Quote from: dadditude
Is there any way to modify these in such a way where they would not show up in the paper or on the computer, but could still be given to a Sim by shift-clicking on the newspaper with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true (or InSIM or Monique's computer)? That way, one wouldn't have to worry about them getting in the way when trying to fulfil a sim's want to get a specific job...

'Fraid not. Changing the location of a career would probably involve altering career global files- something that isn't easily done (as I have been assured by Echo, from MTS2)

Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 02:48:02 pm »

Great!  Thank you.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 02:17:42 am »

jphill11, I found one issue with these careers. I frequently use Tom's Clothing Tester to force pregnant teens to dress in other outfits besides Jase's defaults. Now the problem doesn't have anything to do with Inteen, it's the clothing tester. Anytime I click on the clothing tester I get an object error. I've checked the log file and the error is due to these 2 careers. It is happening because they don't have any outfits associated with them and the game can't figure out what to do. If I remove these careers then everything is back to normal. I figure it isn't really a problem under ordinary circumstances. Only if you click on the clothing tester, which needs to read all the outfits for all the installed careers. This had never come up before because all the other custom careers I have installed have work outfits associated with them. I thought you should know. Smiley

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 01:22:55 pm »

Very cool!
Elven_Ranger
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 01:45:31 pm »

Much needed! Thanks Smiley

I am THE LLAMA! Fear my spit.... wrath! I mean wrath!!!

Join the ANIMAL ARMY
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 03:18:12 pm »

Perfect!  It was driving me nuts that business-owners kept wanting to get jobs.  I also hated having those housewives who I wanted to be rich and idle, but who kept hankerin' to get a job. A thousand thank yous!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:16:48 pm »

Great idea! In real life, I don't know anyone who WANTS to work!:)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: