Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:57:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General or Miscellanious Questions RE: InTeen past versions  (Read 6305 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Master Chief

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2005, 05:28:13 pm »

How long did it take to completely finish version 1.2?

"Poetry feeds your Innermost Self" and "it is an antidote to despair or dullness, or some fashionable stupidity."

- Robertson Davies -
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 05:50:28 pm »

12 weeks roughly?  Concept work started in late April.  Development started in May.  Beta testing and localization was ongoing throughout the summer.  1.2 finished up on the 8th of August.  Why do you ask?

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Master Chief

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 07:11:36 pm »

Quote from: jase439
Why do you ask?

Curiosity, mostly. What tools did you use to create the InTeen?

"Poetry feeds your Innermost Self" and "it is an antidote to despair or dullness, or some fashionable stupidity."

- Robertson Davies -
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 07:23:04 pm »

SimPE (writing bugs)
Disasim2 (disassembling and understanding how Maxis stuff works)
Milkshape 1.7.4 (mesh editing)
Wes_H Plug-In's for Milkshape (mesh editing)
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 (texturing)
Visual C++ (to customize SimPE so I can produce bugs more quickly)
Some normal smoothing spreadsheet I d/l off MTS2 to remove ugly seams in body meshes

That's about it, mostly...the people who created the texture work on the maternity meshes used a variety of tools.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Master Chief

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 07:47:50 pm »

I'm going to go on a limb here, but you can get the bulk of these tools at Mod the Sims 2 right?

- Robertson Davies -
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:51:37 pm »

Yes.  SimPE is available from sims.ambertation.de.  Photoshop and Visual C++ are obviously commercial packages.  There are lots of good tutorial materials at MTS2 and on the SimPE website if you're looking to make your first foray into custom content development.

EDIT: BTW, the InTeenimater is a huge mod.  The term "mod" is actually a misnomer - it's more aptly coined a "mini-expansion".  I started InTeen back in December of 2004.  Most mods/hacks are no where near this complex.  That complexity has been layered in progressively over time.  InTeen is probably a poor benchmark to weigh against if you're trying to get your head around how difficult/time-consuming it is to write custom content for The Sims 2.  My advice: start simple - really simple, and work up from there.  

*** I am moving this to the general modding section since this isn't really a support issue. ***

Master Chief

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 10:52:02 pm »

Something simple..... like a boobie-trapped tombstone?

- Robertson Davies -
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 11:09:48 pm »

Boobie-trapped how? (let me guess: this somehow involves a zombie) Cheesy

Master Chief

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 02:01:05 am »

Boobie-trapped how? (let me guess: this somehow involves a zombie) Cheesy

No no... no zombies. (but that is a good idea) What I was think was:

- if someone kicked someone's tombstone, they get electracuted!
- or it could be a number of random occurances such as getting sick (flu, cold, poisoning, etc.) or they wet themselves.

Carrigon has something similar: a lawn Gnome. But I was going to shoot for something along the lines of a general tombstone;
and have the option to set the boobie trap on/off.

And... if that one individual desicrates the tombstone too many times, he/she turns into a zombie! (*Insert Manical Laughter*)

- Robertson Davies -
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 02:37:55 am »

That sounds like a pretty good first project.  I would stay away from sickness initially.  The disease controller is a bit more complicated than you may be ready for initially.

Master Chief

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 12:59:14 pm »

That sounds like a pretty good first project.  I would stay away from sickness initially.  The disease controller is a bit more complicated than you may be ready for initially.

Duely noted; now onto the drawing board I go!

- Robertson Davies -
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: