Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:53:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Know Where To Find Clothes To Fit?  (Read 8754 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bgpsbabygirl08

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:53:15 am »

Hey all... SOrry if I'm posting in the wrong spot... I just wanted to know if anyone has an idea where to find clothes to fit the hi-res bodyshapes made by Warlokk?? I know you can adapt the custom Maxis clothes and most of your custom clothes to fit, but most of them end up looking all distorted and I'm not one for making clothes... I tried to make a 34CEnh version of some of the tops, and they come out looking... less than pretty LOL Since I'm no good at making clothes, I was just wondering if anyone has or is planning on doing some prettier, less mangled versions of clothing for the new *ahem* enhanced Sims??

If anyone wants to take this up as a project with me, feel free to email me at samanthah08@hotmail.com to discuss-- I am much better at doing textures than I am at meshes, so I could do the textures part, if someone wants to help with the alphas and maybe some new clothing meshes??

Thanks!
Sam

-Sammy
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:17:31 am »

Most of them will end up here or over at MTS2, but since I've only finished the nudes and a handful of outfits for the DD, there's not a whole lot out yet.  The stuff that has been completed can be found in the Guest BodyShapes section here though.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
bgpsbabygirl08

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 08:22:38 pm »

Thanks, Warlokk!! Maybe I'll try another hand (or five) at making some decent looking clothes to fit your wonderful body shapes. Thanks again!!

-Sammy
Xam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:50 pm »

I used the tute by Warlokk to convert a bunch of clothes to the sizes I like. It is easy and most of the clothes come out looking great. Thanks for the tute Warlokk!.

Xam
gmonkai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 07:35:59 pm »

Yeah...the method of that tut rocks!..it got me started with Body Shop!
gmonkai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 07:51:38 pm »

One more question..here in tut section...Is there any way(including hacks available)..that one could get Body Shop to allow "tops" and "bottoms"...for the other categories besides "everyday"(pj's and swimwear for example)...and also to have those categories maintained in the game?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 08:04:56 pm »

Nope, sorry... Maxis coded it that way, nobody's found a way to mod it otherwise so far anyway.

gmonkai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 08:07:35 pm »

Thanks man!I gotta start asking these things before I spend 3 days looking all over the sites for ways to do them:D
gmonkai

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 08:09:19 pm »

If anyone could do it,I'd call them the 'Zenlord of SimPe'
bgpsbabygirl08

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:40:32 am »

Thanks all for the advice... unfortunately the more clothing you make for each top set or bottom set or both, the more clothes you make!! This is what sucks about the way Maxis coded the game... Clothing should be adaptable to different meshes, instead of having to make each outfit 25 times for each body mesh you have!! GARGH it's frustrating!!

Anyways, keep up the great work and thanks again!!
-Sam

-Sammy
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 09:50:54 pm »

Believe me, I know... I've got nothing except my own stuff in my downloads folder, and the catalog is huge.  I wish there was an easier way, but I guess we just gotta work for it a bit if we want variety.  Maybe Sims 3 will take this into consideration.

The Cheat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:14 pm »

Quote from: bgpsbabygirl08
Thanks all for the advice... unfortunately the more clothing you make for each top set or bottom set or both, the more clothes you make!! This is what sucks about the way Maxis coded the game... Clothing should be adaptable to different meshes, instead of having to make each outfit 25 times for each body mesh you have!! GARGH it's frustrating!!

It's probably because Maxis never intended meshes to become mainstream custom content. Why else would mesh editing have taken so much longer to crack than everything else? (That's disregarding animation editing, of course :!: ).

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.
- Teh C.

Oh yeah, uh...The Cheat is a green stripe-ed rabbit, with two butts!
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 02:16:16 am »

I dunno about that.  I think it just might be a side effect of the Sims2 team having moved over to a new 3d program for the inital meshwork...  Like moving up to Maya from one of the older 4th gen programs.

Then again, considering how many people went for biger boobs to go with their adult animations in Sims1, maybe you're right and they did try to make it hard(er).  In fact, one could arge that Maxis would be quite worried about our eventually cracking the Animation code; They probobly have nightmares about finding themselves on the recieving end of the same sort of Uproar the Hot Coffee mod for GT:SA got.
bgpsbabygirl08

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 11:41:06 am »

Well, considering how open/supportive Maxis is of custom-content for the game, I'm sure it was generally a mistake. I realize obviously that they probably didn't think that it would be taken to the extent that it has gone-- there is basically a mod for every facet of the game, and new tools being created all the time to make modding/content creation easier for the average player (IE SimPE, MTS2 Mesh Tool, etc, all of which are wonderful programs)...

Even still, it is a frustrating detail for people who download/make custom content for the game, and one that will hopefully be solved sooner rather than later!!! My hope is that Maxis will see the need for a way to make clothing meshes adaptable to different meshes (I know that would be very difficult, as each texture would align differently to each mesh)... I guess for now the only solution is to use the collections as stated before. Now if only I knew how to do that!!! ROFL

Anyhoo, thanks again!

-Sammy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: