Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:12:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Child per couple-Village of the Damned imminent!  (Read 9707 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:28:14 pm »

Oh dear, I seem to have unintentionally recreated "The Village of the Damned". Let me explain, for some reason, I only get through about 3 generations of a family before I get rid of them and move onto a different project/challenge, and I never play the Maxis families. Anyway, I played Brandi Broke-determined that I am going to see this though as I am, I foolishly let her have 6 kids (one adopted). She had her 3 boys 1st, Dustin, Beau, Bobby. Then after a one-night stand (damn risky woohoo Cheesy), she had Bonnie, she then remarried and had Billie, and then as she couldn't physically have more kids (4 days from elderhood), she adopted Kelly. Now, 3 of the kids have black hair (Bobby, Billie & Bonnie). The rest have blonde. Now most of those kids now have kids and they are almost at elderhood( I am playing them in order and I'm getting confused!) All the kids bar 1 have blonde hair and blue eyes!!! Its very bizarre and Pleasantview is overun with Brokes! What am I going to do? Will they interbreed into a super race??

Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:41:07 pm »

I've got similiar problems in one old neighborhood especially.

Being curious about how the offspring are gonna look is almost as dangerous as those silly wants to have 10 children.

Where do you draw the line?

At some point you'll get to where you can't play everyone or place them on the map... (neither of which I've encountered yet).

Elders stay elders so long that the population grows unwieldy very fast.

Now mix in a lot of vampires, zombies and servos and you have yourself quite a stew! Smiley

I don't like exterminating sims just to thin the population; the sim bin keeps them in suspended animation so I don't like that either.

I'm considering emmigration as a possible solution:  Uprooting select families to export them into new neighborhoods where they can start fresh (and less tangled).

That does negate them from the family tree, but I don't see a better solution.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:49:58 pm »

Quote from: jehrome
 I'm considering emmigration as a possible solution:  Uprooting select families to export them into new neighborhoods where they can start fresh (and less tangled).

Good thinking-I think I'll try that!

KatieMae

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 05:16:01 am »

What I like to do for the elders is make a Retirement Home for them and move them all into one house. That way the grandkids can still get to know their grandparents but they're not taking up as much space. ( And I really don't like playing the elders either) :hello2:
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 05:22:12 am »

My favourite Sims is the only Sims that is allowed more then two kids. If I really don't like them I just let them have one.

It’s a bit the same with my elders. Those Sims that I like is allowed to live longer but the ones I really don't like I use a painting (that I've forgotten the name of) to reduce the days left for that sim to die.
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 11:21:08 am »

Quote from: KatieMae
What I like to do for the elders is make a Retirement Home for them and move them all into one house. That way the grandkids can still get to know their grandparents but they're not taking up as much space. ( And I really don't like playing the elders either) :hello2:

Poor elders.

They aren't much fun for me to play either.

I put them to work generating income with paintings or writing novels.  Keeps them busy and generates some additional income for their survivors to inherit.

With OFB they can at least run a business if I choose to have them to.
PrincessSami83

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 01:46:51 pm »

I like to move the elders back in with their kids so they can provide free childcare. I build them their own studio apartment behind the house or above the garage. Grandma and/or grandpa can watch the kids, do all the cooking and cleaning, and in their spare time, can write and paint to generate income. This way, I can still keep them aging, and eventually they'll pass on and I can reduce my population. And better yet, it saves the parents all the money they would have spent on nannies, maids and gardeners.

And my Pleasantview is also a little eerie. Each mother only gives birth to twins (I use random trips/quads), always one boy and one girl. And without fail, they are always blonde haired, blue eyed, regardless of the parents genetics. Brandi can easily populate the town if you let her. I once let her marry Don Lothario. It was the only time she ever had girls, but they also always came as trips or quads. Not one single birth during the whole marriage. I achieved the have 10 kids want real quick though  Smiley
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 03:13:36 pm »

Wow... that's eerie alright.  Are you using hacks to cause that?  

Your use of elders as free babysitters I do occasionally too.  It's much cheaper and better quality chuldcare than the nanny.

I've gone for the 10 kids want once or twice.  Ya just end up with a lot of sblings to marry off and your neighborhood grows that much more.

Of course with all yer twins, trips and quads yer probably pretty used to that by now. Wink

Foxybaby:  I wanted to mention an observation about emmigration I made when transplanting sims to a different neighborhood.  I thought it would affect the family tree.  It doesn't.  Only afffects your friends list.
PrincessSami83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 03:23:06 pm »

The funny thing about it all is that nothing that odd happens in any other neighborhood. Most neighborhoods end up with single births and children that look like their parents. It's just Pleasantview that's off.
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 04:54:16 pm »

That's just weird.  

I had a Pleasantview (It's backed up now) that was more like Vampireview after a few too many sims got tight with Grand Vampires.

Never heard of multiple births being so rampant, yet restricted to one neighborhood like that.
sgtgideon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 10:12:06 pm »

The First thing I do is delete all the Maxis characters except the Pleasants.  I hate the Goths and Don Lothario too (and their houses suck).  And the Caliente sisters should have stuck to spinning around the stripper pole.  

Then I turn Lilith Pleasant into a lesbian so the Pleasant genes don't spread too much.  If either of the Pleasant sisters get married, I make sure the other sim proposes, so that when the elder Pleasants die, I don't have anyone with stupid last names any more (I also change Goopy Gilscarbo's stupid name in SimPE).  Smiley

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death, praying for war.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 07:04:20 am »

Quote from: sgtgideon
And the Caliente sisters should have stuck to spinning around the stripper pole.

LOL! I love it! I may do that onr my next re-install, thing is a couple of the offspring are damn gorgeous-she is so my favourite sim-she is the result of a 1 night stand between Brandi Broke & Alvin Gregory, and her son is lovely too.

Mara Chaffee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 03:38:43 am »

People! Please, help me! I crazily love VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED
where can I download something with them?
GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 04:03:01 am »

Good grief...what have we come to?If you excuse me,I'm off to create a super race of sims too! Cheesy

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 05:53:33 am »

When my neighborhood gets too crowded, I'm going to introduce the plague..that ought to take care of 50% of the population, so that it will look like Europe during the Dark Ages..everyone will be affected. There's a hack on MATY that will allow this-and I'm gonna use it unsparingly!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: