Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:04:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Child per couple-Village of the Damned imminent!  (Read 9705 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 09:39:26 am »

Overcrowding and boredom with those uninteresting families has led to to massive "make me a townie" actions in my game.  I picked up some mod at MATY that as a playable sim ages, up to three townies can be selected to age also.  Once the townies hit the elder stage, I move them into a retirement home, set up a cartaker to cook and clean, then read a book as the retirement home plays out it's rotation.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 08:42:54 pm »

I have used the retirement home angle with 4 couples entering it at a time, except for my self-sim. Have the grandkids come over and get to know them, make friends, give gifts to the grown kids and grandkids. Don't take long for them to go maybe a sim week and a half. They usually die happy.

I have made childless couples into townies with Inge Jones transporter. May have use for them later. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 10:54:13 pm »

I just toss the excess Sims into a house, sit back, and watch them slowly die.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 10:43:29 pm »

LOL, sounds like my Legacy Challenge hood. I did the remote challenges. I created a custom hood with only a grocery stor and my founder's home. Well he married Brandi L.

Him brown hair, grey eyes and with Brandi, so are the kids, one has blue eyes but the rest got hazel, all 6 of them. Now on gen 3 and the boys all lookmlike my founder while the girls all have his skin tone and look like Brandi. I have to read the names on the Icons to know who is who LOL.
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 10:25:30 pm »

I love Village Of The Damned, the original movie came out before I was born, but thanks to Stephen King mentioning it in one of my favourite books "Hearts In Atlantis", I found a copy and watched it. It was excellent.

Anyway I had a man in one hood who had brown hair and blue eyes, and suddenly all the women in that hood had kids that looked like him. I thought what the heck. Because I would say 30 of the 45 women didn't even know him. He was a romance sim and had about 10 lovers at the time. The other 5 women knew him but were either married to his brothers or true to their men.

There is this thing called First child syndrome, but that doesn't sound like it but it might be. Where all children will take after first born, something gets stuck in your game and it keeps repeating. Especially this happens when people don't use CAS feature often. You can break this by going to CAS and just randomizing the sim there and then leaving.

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
The Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 05:50:02 pm »

I've recently started a new neighborhood that I'm getting very involved in. I don't have many families in it yet, but my favorite couple Aspen and Eryk *points to avatar* already have 6 kids. They're all black haired and blue eyed like Eryk (though some of them have Aspen's eyes, and their son Aiden would look almost like a clone of Aspen if he was blond). I feel like when they all grow up and move out into the neighborhood, it's going to be totally populated by the Illios family! I've been working hard to try and find some significant others for the kids while they're at college, hehe.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: