Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:47:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: way out of practice, please help!  (Read 3302 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
plicka

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2006, 06:32:01 am »

I finally have a new graphics card and am ready to mesh again, i started a new hair mesh today and all was going well until i got to the end, i'm so out of practice that i dont know what to do, as usual i get to the end when it comes to assigning joints, this is the part i've always stuffed up on but this time i have that stupid thing where the hair is stretched out in every direction in bodyshop, the more i try to fix it the more i stuff it up! some times the hair is completely gone too wahhhhhhhh!
what do i do to fix that? i'm doing all this from memory and my memory is kinda so so sometimes lol

cheers! :violent2:
plicka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 10:01:10 am »

i improved the mesh just barely, it's not exploded anymore, the "hair" layer that is against the head is now invisible and that seems to be all thats wrong now, any clue how i fix that without breaking it again?
bedtime now, i have been working on this ALL day :/
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:44:17 am »

oi I haven't done hair meshes but can relate to being out of practice. I will point Kavar to this thread and hopefully he can give you some advice.
Arcia
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 11:40:20 am »

Dear Plicka as I suck at explaining ,I searched a help thread for you and found this one http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131417 I hope this helps
you a little
Kavar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 05:25:55 pm »

hey plicka Smiley

It sounds like your using the unimesh plug in on the newer version of milkshape, thing about this plug in is that on hair meshes, most of them if not all, you have to reassign all the vertices of the mesh as the dual assignments aren't lost in the importing anymore. Windkeeper found a way to make the hair assignments work with the animation and joints, but its temperamental with the orginal animated/dual assignments. I'm not sure what your using or what your working on but try reassiging the whole mesh and see if that fixes your problem...

If you feel brave read windkeepers post on fixing the animation joints.. it worked like a charm for my untamed mesh Smiley and it could possibly fix your mesh if that is the problem.. but I've had some issues with the pixie mesh while using it myself. could just be me screwing it up Smiley

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=151722

good luck and I hope you get it fixed:)

Light up, Light up, as if you have choice, Even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear..
plicka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 11:10:46 pm »

Quote from: kathy
oi I haven't done hair meshes but can relate to being out of practice. I will point Kavar to this thread and hopefully he can give you some advice.

thank you Kathy Smiley
it's so easy to get out of practice and it seems the longer you leave it the further you get left behind :/

Quote from: Arcia
Dear Plicka as I suck at explaining ,I searched a help thread for you and found this one http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131417 I hope this helps
you a little

Thank you so much for trying, i actually tried that before i made this thread, i searched for an answer everywhere that i possibly could and still nothing fixed my mesh, i might have to scrap it which would be a shame!

Quote from: Kavar
hey plicka Smiley

It sounds like your using the unimesh plug in on the newer version of milkshape, thing about this plug in is that on hair meshes, most of them if not all, you have to reassign all the vertices of the mesh as the dual assignments aren't lost in the importing anymore. Windkeeper found a way to make the hair assignments work with the animation and joints, but its temperamental with the orginal animated/dual assignments. I'm not sure what your using or what your working on but try reassiging the whole mesh and see if that fixes your problem...
If you feel brave read windkeepers post on fixing the animation joints.. it worked like a charm for my untamed mesh Smiley and it could possibly fix your mesh if that is the problem.. but I've had some issues with the pixie mesh while using it myself. could just be me screwing it up Smiley
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=151722
good luck and I hope you get it fixed:)

thanks for trying Kavar, i supose it would have been smarter of me to mention what i am and arent using to make this, i always forget the important bits!
I'm so out of practice and left behind that i'm still using old programs and methods, no unimesh here! i should be using it by the sounds of it though, people seem to be coming out with brilliant stuff with it!
i guess i'm going to have to either scrap the mesh or just keep playing with it untill something magically works, funny how no matter how much better you get at it or how long you've been doing it you still run into so many difficulties and failures!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: