Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 04:31:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 2DaHardway's Hood Tees *(Loose-T for BB recolors)  (Read 25490 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kere

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 08:52:50 pm »

nice one - thanks
Jimmi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 10:12:22 pm »

Coming from a Citywhere there has been a lot of murders and where eyewitnesses are scared for their lives if they testify, I find the Snitches shirt pretty reprehensible.  You might think it is cool, funny and gangsta but the thought behind it means people are being intimidated and threatened with violence if they testify.  It is disgusting and terrible.

MAC Queen and Glam Punk
2DaHardway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 11:10:19 pm »

Thanks for all the comments everyone... well almost everyone... I might get in trouble on this site for commenting to this but I can't just let it go...

Quote from: Jimmi
Coming from a Citywhere there has been a lot of murders and where eyewitnesses are scared for their lives if they testify, I find the Snitches shirt pretty reprehensible.  You might think it is cool, funny and gangsta but the thought behind it means people are being intimidated and threatened with violence if they testify.  It is disgusting and terrible.

First off I would like to say that you are taking this t-shirt waaaay too personal. I create things for the sims, not persuade people not to snitch! Futhermore, yes I think the shirts are cool, as with anything I post here, gangsta... hahaha what you know about that? LOL but I can't knock you completely for your comment because everyone is entitled to their opinion... I personally do not care if someone snitches or not, that's their problem... I don't live that "thug" life, never have, never will, even though I lived in the "projects" the majority of my teenage years. I made the shirts simply because I PERSONALLY wanted to see them in game and decided to share them with the Sim world... now if this really affected you so much that you had to share your comments... you may need to re-evaluate yourself... or is this a personal issue? Another thing... this is the sims, not real life... these shirts will not help nor hurt the situation that is going on in the world right now so.... exhale a little... it wont hurt to smile!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 11:14:22 pm by 2DaHardway » Logged

R.I.P. HoodSims2
Jimmi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 12:52:46 am »

Well, I have lived in the ghettos of Southwest and West Philadelphia.  In Philadelphia, if you can't afford the high rents of the Northeast or University City, you end up living in the poorer neighborhoods.  In Philadelphia, a one bedroom for around $700 a month is located on the borderlands of the ghettos.   I know what poverty is like, having grown up in it.  I have seen people who have been shot to death in a gang war.  I work with a group called the Kensington Welfare Rights Union and see how crime affects people and how people are intimidated and live in neighborhoods where children and families are threatened by violnece.  

I know the Sims is a game.  The things that we allow in life are the things that come to affect us.  We are casually condoning a violent society.  The things we permit, we allow.  Everyone needs to stand up together to help end violence in our cities, even if we don't live there.  We all pay the price for this violence in the end, as a society.

My statement is not directed to you as a person but the society that creates such values.  I understand that you are a good person and you enjoy expressing yourself in artisitic ways.  I bvelieve we can all make a difference in the littlest ways.  

First off I would like to say that you are taking this t-shirt waaaay too personal. I create things for the sims, not persuade people not to snitch! Futhermore, yes I think the shirts are cool, as with anything I post here, gangsta... hahaha what you know about that? LOL but I can't knock you completely for your comment because everyone is entitled to their opinion... I personally do not care if someone snitches or not, that's their problem... I don't live that "thug" life, never have, never will, even though I lived in the "projects" the majority of my teenage years. I made the shirts simply because I PERSONALLY wanted to see them in game and decided to share them with the Sim world... now if this really affected you so much that you had to share your comments... you may need to re-evaluate yourself... or is this a personal issue? Another thing... this is the sims, not real life... these shirts will not help nor hurt the situation that is going on in the world right now so.... exhale a little... it wont hurt to smile!

MAC Queen and Glam Punk
2DaHardway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 02:06:58 am »

I stand with you on the fact that we all need to take a stand and make a change in the youth... I just do not feel this forum is the place for it. Enough talk about this subject... lemme hear what everyone thinks of the download... LOL

R.I.P. HoodSims2
bazturbo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 02:56:19 am »

great job thanx
Aimee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 10:28:26 am »

These are great!! I just love them! Thanks so much for your hard work!!

Close your heart, close your eyes,
Fake a kiss and say goodbye
evil`a

*damned thing*

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 01:59:18 pm »

cool shirts

~ FUSIONS ALRIGHT~
2DaHardway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 04:25:53 pm »

Quote from: elfishimp
Uhhhgh.. Why do people have to make everything their own little political platform? I want all kinds of sims in my game that dress all kinds of ways, no ethnic cleansing or barbie world idealism for me, I have "Hoods", trailerparks, barrios, McMansions, Sunn valley oldfolks homes, and middleclass neighborhoods. I Love seeing all kinds of sims wandering around in my own little MAKE BELEIVE world. Do my sims kill other sims for snitching? No!

BTW, where did you get those door knocker earrings on that girl?

Thanks for the comp's... oh the doorknockers are from Rubicon check out some of the other stuff there too... hot!!!

R.I.P. HoodSims2
Jadesfire

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 04:32:51 pm »

Gotta love these, thanks for the excellent clothes.
TorturedShadow2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 12:40:58 am »

Much needed..and I think gangsta is sexy Tongue *runs away from the political b.s.*

Are you breathing?
Do the wicked see you?
renee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 05:10:35 am »

I love your stuff. And yes together we make a difference, but what does that have to do with the sims. Oh yeah be the way where did you get the models.
2DaHardway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 05:39:42 am »

The models are my own creations... Willie McGirth, LaMin Brown and my self-sim... all which can be found here on InSIM, LaMin and Willie are under my custom sims and My self-sim is under the thread "self-sims"

R.I.P. HoodSims2
renee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 04:46:34 am »

Going there now. Thanks
pseudonymph24

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 07:16:05 pm »

thanks for the shirts. i love all your creations. thanks for bringing a realistic urban vibe to the game. and i have to say this - as someone who grew up in one of the worst cities on the east coast (trenton, nj), i didn't find the shirts offensive at all. it's a freakin' game, like you said, a fully customizable one at that. if someone doesn't want the shirts, they don't have to download em. simple as that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 07:18:52 pm by pseudonymph24 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: