Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:12:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with sims 2, InSIMenator and Windows Vista  (Read 1342 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
laceypooh

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:10 pm »

My friend purchased a computer with Windows Vista (I have it but afraid to install for fear of losing InSIMenator).  Here is the problem:  She can't fish.  It seems that an old version of the InSIMenator is still holding on and she can't find it.  She can't fish with or without the InSIMenator.  She can't create a family.

Here is what she has done to try and resolve the problem: She tried to use cleaninstaller but it is not compatible with Windows Vista.  She completely uninstalled all of the sims 2 games and EP and reinstall.  The problems still exists.    When she uninstalled, she saved her old files to a different folder and reinstalled those after reinstalling the games.  What else should she do?  She tried to post to this forum but didn't get a response.  Can anyone help?  Any suggestions?   :h3lp:  :sign6:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:59 pm »

Using Windows Explorer, search for all .package files.  All .package files that are a string of 32 alphanumeric characters that make no sense should be deleted.  If the string has an additional 4 characters appended like "-001" it should be ok.  Your friend may delete some recolors in the process, but the bad mods that were downloaded with lots will be gone also.

As an alternative, those files could be moved out of the game folders, then added back a little at a time if all the recolors are desired.
laceypooh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »

Thanks, I will tell her and keep this for when I install Vista.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: