Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:48:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP3 required: DJ Booth Teen Fix  (Read 7833 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:08:55 am »

As requested:
This mod fixes a bug in the game that prevented teens from being assigned to work as a DJ.
This mod is compatible with FFS.
I try to ensure that all of my mods are 100% bug free but sometimes a bug pops up that I wasn’t aware of; If you find a bug please send me a private message; I can usually fix it within a couple of minutes.

* djboothteenfix.zip (0.63 KB - downloaded 836 times.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 04:09:09 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:38:09 am »

Thanks much for this! ^_^
nectere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 01:09:30 pm »

Thank you!

*glad to know it wasnt my imagination after all. Were they really coded as toddlers? (in this instance)
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 04:27:13 pm »

Awesome!
Angeleyez7680

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 07:54:14 pm »

Thanks I can use this one for sure!!!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 12:07:14 pm »

Quote from: Venusy
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but isn't this the exact same hack posted 2 days ago on MATY? Even down to the file size (12,163 bytes) of the hack (not including the text file)?

This was pure coincidence, the requester posted its request on a few different sites so this is why it ended up two modders did the exact same fix.  Since there is only one way to fix that it is normal the file size are the same.

Here is a link to the requester post that you can find on this site:  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=15136

Also take note the requester never mention in its request post that a fix was done by another modder so there was no way Squinge could have known about it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 04:03:47 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 12:08:36 pm »

Quote from: Venusy
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but isn't this the exact same hack posted 2 days ago on MATY? Even down to the file size (12,163 bytes) of the hack (not including the text file)?
It fixes the same thing but we both posted our own fixes, I wasn't aware that a fix existed until after I posted this one, if you are saying what I think you are saying I don't steal other peoples mods.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:18:51 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
nectere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 02:05:21 pm »

Yes I admit, I asked if there was a solution at maty, prior to posting a request here, in a thread that was already discussing the issue (by someone other than me – I dredged up an old thread). I did not however ask anyone there specifically to create the mod. I did ask Pescado about it in chat one night and he, if I recall correctly, said that maybe teens weren’t supposed to be assigned or something to that effect even though it is clearly available in his Business Runs You mod. He also didn’t seem too bothered by it so I moved on and specifically asked here since Squinge does reliable work and takes requests. I did not know that Syberspunk was going to tackle it, nor did I ask him to do so - so I did not request it in two (or several) places. I apologize if it appears that way.

I did happened to see (Syberspunks version) the night before I saw that Squinge had posted the same thing (I think it was the night prior - I have been very busy lately). I thanked Syberspunk, stroked his ego and called it a night. The next morning I came here to withdraw my request and saw that Squinge had posted it also, so there was really no point then in withdrawing the request.

So I apologize for bothering everyone. However, thanks for confirming that I wasn’t losing my mind with this teen dj business anyway. That it wasn’t just me, or wasn’t just a conflict of some sort, because I am pretty careful about my hacks and what I ask about. I generally won’t ask for help unless I am pretty sure I am not doing something wrong to cause my own problems -and that I am desperate enough for the need to do so without looking too stupid. Wink

Again, thank you Squinge for looking into, and I apologize for wasting your time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:09:49 pm by nectere » Logged
syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 02:25:49 pm »

Yes. I happened to have posted it first. And thanks for all your concern everyone, but Squinge, MissDoh, and nectere are right. It is all pure coincidence. I just noticed nectere's post (on MATY) the other day, and thought to myself... self... I said... self... this should be pretty easy to fix. So self and I, bored as we were, decided to tackle this. I poked around SimPE, ticked off the wrong box (it was set for toddlers) and ticked on the right box (for teens), and there you have it. A simple fix. Smiley

I did not realize Squinge was going to make a fix himself. And I only noticed this afterwards. The file size is the same because it's essentially the same file. Tongue Just the TTAB for the business employee dining (semi)global interactions. The only difference I saw was that he also checked 'demo child' which I'm not sure what that does anyways. :dontknow:

Anyhew... if I had seen in advance that Squinge was going to make a fix for this, I definitely wouldn't have made mine. I usually feel that modders don't really need to duplicate work. But hey, I already posted it, and since people downloaded it, I feel obligated to keep it up and support it. You obviously only need one, as they both do the exact same thing.

No worries, no drama please. At least not on account of little ole' me. Unless I'm intentionally stirring up drama. Hehe. Cheesy

Ste

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 02:28:55 pm »

Nectere no harm done Smiley  You did not need to justify yourself in any way.  Same goes to you Syberpunk Smiley

The explanation I gave was more directed to Venusy post since she was discreetly accusing Squinge of stealing Syberpunk's mod and this is not acceptable nor will it be tolerated.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 03:00:08 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 02:48:13 pm »

With all the needed fixes for this game and all the modders out there it seems to me that duplication or near-duplication of a bug fix is pretty much inevitable. As they say great minds think alike. This is just another case of a needed fix that was tackled by two separate people. Often times there may only be one way to fix a bug, so naturally two different people working on the same thing will come to the same conclusion and fix it the same way.  Syberspunk and Squinge both are very talented modders who solved the same problem. To accuse someone of stealing another's work whether directly or indirectly without any evidence cannot be tolerated.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: