Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:10:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Poisonwood Bible  (Read 3375 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mstybl95

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:26:58 am »

This story is based on a novel by Barbara Kingsolver. I absolutely love this book and have wanted to illustrate it for a long time. I would like some critique, though. Anyone willing to read?

The Poisonwood Bible

There are a few typos, but I'm afraid that I've been tinkering with it all day and cannot get the text to stay the same and am scared that I will ruin it again. I'm going to find a new home for my story soom. lol

I hope you enjoy!

Building a city? Let me help. Check out my site: VJ Development
earl2blue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:00:08 pm »

I want to read it but there is nothing there when I goes to your link Sad

The Poisonwood Bible is a difficult book to narrate into a Sim's story and I am keen to know how you intend to do it Smiley

xdarwinnerx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:45:57 pm »

There is nothing there...Smiley
Yume Lupine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 06:11:37 pm »

Yeah, nothing on the page. What a shame. I really wanted to read that. Oh well.

Yume fought the change,her body sent into spasms on the cold stone floor.Her fingers lengthened and formed sharp talons.She dug her claws into the stone floor.Yume’s muzzle bones grew out and muscles,flesh and striped fur covered it.Yume continued to twitch on the floor as her limbs changed into that of a tiger.Her pelt pushed through her skin.-from Scarred Dream by me
Noelani Mahana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 12:40:52 am »

I love this book. I've talked about it on other forums before. There was a brief rumor that a film adaption was in the works and that Gerard Butler would portray the role of Nathan Price. However I think that was strictly "odd" rumor and it's all but vanished among the Hollywood gossip vine.
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 11:39:32 pm »

I think you need to change the link?  When I click I cannot get to the story.  Too bad would have love to read it.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: