Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:53:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: A fathers Sacrifice. The End Tribute added  (Read 112497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
flid

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:43:52 pm »

Here is my sims story.

Morgan was 13 when she killed a man to protect her mother. Her fathe took the blame and went to prison.

Morgan sat on her bed and looked out of the window. She sighed deeply and shrank into herself. Silent tears spilled inside her. It was the evening of her birthday. Neither of her parents had come to see her. She hadn’t even received a card. She looked down at her hands remembering how they had destroyed her family. That one act of protection had ended everything good in her life. How she wished she could turn back time.

The last she heard her father was in prison for a crime that she had done. She pictured him in her head. Alone in some dingy prison cell all because of her and what she had done. She wanted to feel his strong protective arms around her like when she was little. She loved the scent of him. Closing her eyes she imagined the smell of his aftershave. He always wore it. She remembered the feel of his slightly whiskered chin against her cheek and how he used to tickle her face with it on purpose when she was small.

She would never again have that because she had protected her mother. She remembered watching her mother being beaten by that man. His face twisted in anger and her mother on the floor trying to protect her-self. He would have killed her if she hadn’t have stepped in. She saw herself running into her father’s room and grabbing the gun that she knew he kept in the wardrobe. She had seen enough to know how to load it. Not thinking like the child she was she had gone back to the hall where mother was being attacked, closed her eyes and fired. It wasn’t until he fell to the floor that she had realised what she had done.

Her body had started shaking uncontrollably and the tears just fell. Her father was at the door. She turned towards him. She remembered the horror in his eyes. Her mother still down on the floor, looking at her with total shock.

Morgan took a deep breath and forced her memories away from that night. She didn’t want to remember; she didn’t want that to be the last image she had of her parents. She missed them both deeply, but she knew she would never see them again. If she could just tell them both she was sorry.

She had asked over and over again if she could see her mother or if she had called, but always the answer had been the same. “No”

Isabelle, her foster carer was nice enough. She ran a house full of kids from many sad and different backgrounds. Occasionally Isabelle had tried to console Morgan, but she didn’t want it. She wanted her father; she wanted to turn the clock back. She wanted to be small and innocent again.

Morgan pulled the covers over her and closed her eyes. The tears running coldly down the side of her face. She breathed slowly trying to make it all better, but it never would be, ever. She was tainted. She was a murderer, no better than the man she had killed.

----------------------------

Morgan opened her eyes, she squinted her sleep filled eyes trying to adjust to the dark. She sat up slowly on the bed; she didn’t want to make any noise. She reached down at her feet and found the bag the she had packed earlier. This was it now. She turned on her small bedside light gently illuminating the room. Quietly she eased her wardrobe open and changed into jeans. She gave the bag one last check to make sure that she had everything she needed. Tip toeing she crept to her door and twisted the handle. The door creaked open and Morgan looked silently down the dark hallway. She closed the door behind her, making sure that it was gentle enough so that it didn’t click too loud.

Quietly she walked along the side of the hall. Alex and Ethan’s room was only two away from her own, and she wasn’t going to leave with out them. She slung the backpack over her shoulder and crept into the twins’ room.

Looking down at both of them she knew she was doing the right thing. They couldn’t stay here, they need their mother, and they needed her. She bent down over Ethan’s cot and gently lifted him out. Slowly she put his coat on. He stirred slightly in her arms, but she hushed him back into his dream.

Morgan froze as she heard another door not far away open. Her heart pounded in her chest as she listened to the footsteps getting closer and closer. Holding Ethan to her chest she looked quickly at Alex. She couldn’t carry both of them at once.
Tears fell down her face as she leant over Alex’s cot.
“I’ll come back for you Alex.” She whispered. “I promise.”

Pushing back the voice in her head that screamed for her to take Alex, she climbed out of the window with Ethan in her arms. She held him close to her and ran. She needed to get away before anyone knew that she had gone. She felt the fear running up her spine as she ran. Sure that if she looked back she would see someone coming after her.

She ran for as long as she could. Ethan was awake and crying as his sister clutched him tight. He was cold and tired. Morgan’s chest was heaving badly trying to get the air in that she needed to run. Stopping she crouched down with Ethan.
“Ssshhh Ethan, its Morgan. Everything’s alright.”
Ethan calmed a little as he heard his sister’s voice. She reached in her bag and got a tissue to wipe his tears.
“Let’s go and find mummy shall we?” she said trying to cheer him up. She knew he didn’t quite understand, but the statement was as much for her benefit as his.

Morgan picked Ethan up again, but her body protested and pain shot through her legs as cramp took over. Weekly she managed to walk over to the bench and sit down with Ethan. She gently ran her hand through his soft brown locks, as she rocked him, hoping that he would go back to sleep.

“Morgan!” a voice called from the distance.
Morgan sprang to her feet her heart suddenly hammering again. She turned to look into the darkness. Trying to adjust her eyes to see who was running towards her. Turning around she tried to see if there was somewhere to run too.
“Morgan wait!” The voice called closer this time. She let out a scared gasp. She couldn’t fail, not now.
Ethan woke up again in her arms.

A hand rested on her shoulder.
“Morgan, will you stop?” said the voice between exhausted breaths.
Morgan stepped back. Adam stood there in front of her, bent down and gasping for air.
“Leave me alone Adam.”
Adam straightened himself and put his hand on his stomach trying to relieve the stitch. “Where are you going?” he asked.
“Home.”
“You can’t go home.”
“Why cant I?”
“Your father killed someone right?” he asked.
She clenched her jaw, the bluntness of his statement cut right through her.
“Your home is a crime scene; you won’t be able to go home.”

Morgan hadn’t thought that her home wouldn’t be home anymore. The thought of returning to it had kept her going. Without it she had nowhere to go, no one to turn too. Tears threatened to fall as she desperately tried to think what to do. She looked down at Ethan. His eyes focused on her. Totally dependant.

“I can’t go back.” She said her voice quivering. “They’ll take me away from Ethan and Alex.”
Adam ran his hands through his short blonde hair as he thought what to suggest.
“Do you know where your mother may have gone? Does she have friends or family that she may have turned to?”
“She could have gone to my uncles, but he was living with us before I er…” she stopped herself before she blurted out what she had done. She didn’t want anyone to know she was a murderer.

“Ok.” Said Adam hoping that he was getting somewhere. “Does your uncle have a house of his own that they may have gone to?”
Morgan bit her lip to keep from sobbing. She nodded at Adam. “But I don’t know the address.”

Adam reached for her, not sure if she would push him away. He didn’t like to see people cry. It reminded him too much of his own pain that he had quenched years ago.
“Come on Morgan, don’t cry. We’ll figure something out.”

Adam led Morgan back to the bench and sat her down.
“Do you know which area your uncle lives in?”
Morgan wiped the tears from her face and tried to calm her self before she spoke. “He lives just outside of Imperial Town. I would recognise it if I saw it.”
“Well that’s a start isn’t it?” He said smiling, hoping that he could some how cheer her up and get her concentrating on the task ahead.

“Why are you helping me? You should go back before you get in trouble.” She said hoping that he wouldn’t.
“I am sixteen; already they have started to teach me how to be independent. Soon I will be living out in the world on my own, I am quite sure they won’t really care where I am.”

Morgan heard the hint of sarcasm in his statement. “But won’t they inform your parents.”
“Oh yeah I could just see my fathers reply to that one.” Adam laughed. “What's it to do with me? He didn’t come from my loins, let the bleeder rot for all I care.” He said in a voice mocking his fathers. “Do you really think if I had a family who loved me I would be living this crappy life? My father doesn’t want me, and he wouldn’t give a damn if I was dead in some gutter somewhere.”

“Well my parents love me and they would care but I am still stuck in the same ‘crappy life’ as you put it.” Snapped Morgan.
“Ah look I’m sorry I didn’t mean yours don’t love you. They do, but when you have experienced my life then you would be a bit negative too. Anyway are you ready to go, my backside is getting numb sitting here and if I shiver anymore I swear I’ll break my teeth.”
Morgan laughed at his remark, and he smiled. It was his intention to get her to laugh. She didn’t know him, but she was happy to talk to him. Not like everyone else who knew that he wasn’t good enough to be spat on.

Adam reached over and took Ethan from her. “I’ll carry this one for a while.”
Morgan tired to protest scared that he might run back to the home with her brother. He saw the fear on her face. “Don’t worry, I’m only helping.”
They walked side by side; Morgan secretly kept hold of the loose tag on Ethan’s top just in case Adam did decide to run.

They walked for just over an hour. Ethan had fallen asleep, even when they had passed him too and fro between them he hadn’t woken. Morgan’s feet were aching. Cramp ran up her calf muscles, but she pushed her self on, if they stayed out in the cold they would they would all certainly catch a chill. Adam had kept her going with his silly jokes and comments.

They arrived at a run down trailer. Morgan stopped and looked at it. It was filthy and decaying where it stood. Broken furniture littered the yard that surrounded it.
“This is your dads place?” she asked.
“Yeah it was, he doesn’t live here anymore, after he dumped me in the gutter, and I mean literally, he moved so that the authorities wouldn’t have his address.”
“Nice dad.”
“Yeah, well you get used to it. At least if he isn’t here he can’t beat me.”
“He beat you?”
“Yeah but that’s another story.”

Adam kicked himself mentally. He didn’t want Morgan to know his past, but he couldn’t help it from spilling out of his mouth with every joke. He didn’t want her to know what he was, he was ashamed.
He could see his father in that house. Sat there waiting for him, the smell of stale beer and a weeks worth of sweat coming from him. He hated that smell. He showered at least three times a day just so he couldn’t be reminded by his own scent.

Adam took a breath and walked towards the trailer. It had been a long time since he had been here, but he doubted it had changed. The odd rat may have moved in, but other than that the trailer was like the rest of Imperial Town. Dead, dirty and forgotten.

He grabbed the handle of the trailer door and forced the door open. Years of neglect had rotted the door so much that it broke when he pushed on it.
“Oops” he said trying to make a joke of it. “Not to worry, I’ll find a board and cover it, not like any one is going to come here.”

Morgan stayed at the door. She was apprehensive about entering the trailer. She didn’t want to fall over anything with Ethan in her arms, in fact she didn’t want to go in there full stop, but she had little choice.

Adam managed to find a couple of candles in the mess in one of the draws. Pulling a lighter out of his pocket he illuminated the dark corners of the room. He looked around; it was just as he left. He could still see his childhood clothes on the floor where his father had thrown them as he was having yet another drunken rage.
“You can come in you know.” He called to Morgan.

Morgan cautiously walked into the trailer. She expected it to smell foul, but gently allowing her nostrils to take in the air all she could smell was the damp. Looking around the place was a mess. There were clothes and papers everywhere. A thick layer of dust rested on everything. She stood and watched as Adam tried to tidy the room and make it as presentable as possible.
“No rats” he joked. Morgan smiled at him. “Right, the couch is as clean as I can get it, you and Ethan take that and I’ll take the floor. In the morning we’ll head out. What do you think?”

Morgan nodded at him. She walked over to the couch to inspect it. As much as she didn’t want to put Ethan down on it, she knew she had to. Her arms were going numb with the strain of holding him for so long.
Adam saw her apprehension. “Here.” He said as he laid his coat down for Ethan to sleep on.
“Thanks.”

She gently lay Ethan down; he stirred slightly, his eyes threatening to open. She stroked his hair gently soothing him back to sleep. He yawned and opened his eyes briefly.
“Close your eyes Ethan.” She whispered to him.

Morgan lay down on the floor next to Ethan and let her thoughts wonder.
“You’re not sleeping on the couch?” asked Adam.
“No I’ll let him have it. At least one of us can have a comfortable night. I don’t think I’ll sleep much anyway.”
“Oh, well I’m gonna board up this door and try to catch an hour if you don’t mind?”
“No, sure.”

Morgan sat stroking Ethan’s brown hair as Adam tried to board up the open doorway as quietly as possible.
After blowing out the candles he settled him self in the chair near the door.

Cade sat in the dark cell. Lights out had been hours ago, but he couldn’t sleep. It was his daughter’s birthday. She would be thirteen. Morgan was growing up fast and everyday she looked more and more like her mother. She had the same beautiful eyes and her nose was decorated with the same gentle scattering of freckles.

He smiled as his mind went back to the time he had playful joined them up in a game of dot to dot. Mia, her mother had rolled her eyes at them, until he had pinned her down and done the same to her too.

He closed his eyes and wished her a happy birthday. He imagined holding her, watching her. She was his first born and he would do anything for her. At least she was safe at home with her mother. He hoped that she had enjoyed her birthday as best she could. He just wished he could have shared it with her too.

------------------------------

Mia slammed the phone back into its cradle. It was useless; no one would tell her anything. She had missed her daughter’s birthday the day before. The social workers refused to let her have contact until the children were assessed.

Mia had pleaded over and over to just see Morgan on her birthday, but her request had been refused. They wouldn’t even pass a card and a present onto her.

She sank down onto the couch and cried. It had been two weeks since Morgan had shot her ex husband Jimmy in a brave act of protection. Two weeks since she had seen her children and her husband. Two weeks of utter hell.

The authorities had continually fobbed her off, every day she had called and each day she had been given an excuse. Who were these people? What right did they have to deny her children the love of their mother?

She wished Cade was with her. He was the strong one, not her. She missed him terribly, but she understood why he had taken the blame. Morgan was his first born, his daughter. He had to do it for her.

Morgan opened her eyes. Disorientated she jumped up and looked around her. Ethan lay asleep on the couch still. Memories of a few hours before came back to her and she relaxed remembering what she was doing here. She looked over to the chair for Adam, but he was gone. Pulling the board away from the door where it was propped up she looked outside and found him sat and an old barrel.
“Morning.” He said smiling at her.
“What time is it?”
“Just after 6.”
“How long have I…”
“Been asleep? Just a couple of hours. I got breakfast, you want some?” he said holding out a bread roll to her.

She hadn’t realised how hungry she was until she saw the food, her mouth started watering almost instantly and she reached for the bread. She ate it dry. Forcing the large bites down her throat, she tried to get the food inside as fast as possible.
Adam laughed at her. “I take that as a yes then.”
Morgan tried to speak but her mouth was to full, she gave him a bread filled smile and nodded.

“Did you go shopping?”
“Er sort of.”
“You mean you stole it?”
“Borrowed it.” He said winking at her.
“You shouldn’t steal.” She scolded.
“Ah come on.” He said. “It’s a big super market chain, I am sure they won’t suffer from the loss of some bread and a couple of drinks. I got the little guy a carton of milk and there’s some bread left for him too. I didn’t really know what to get him.”

Morgan was annoyed at him for stealing, she just wanted to get to her family, and she didn’t want to get in trouble for stealing. She had already had her share of crime in her short life and she didn’t intend to have any more. Adam held the bread and milk out. She stood their not sure if she should take it. Ethan needed it, but it was stolen.
“You can’t let him suffer because you have morals.” Adam said thrusting the bread at her. “You better get him up, if you want to get to your uncles before dark.”

Morgan reluctantly took the bread and milk and went back into the trailer to wake Ethan. Adam stayed outside. He looked up at the new morning, enjoying the sun shining down on him. It was the first time he had been able to sit outside the trailer and not have to worry about being attacked by his father. He could imagine his dad inside, passed out from the drink the night before. Cans littering the floor and the remains of a takeaway on his lap. Adam had many times tried to take what was on his fathers lap when the hunger got the better of him, but whenever his father had discovered what he was doing he had beaten Adam for it.

Shaking the thoughts from his head Adam went to get Morgan, they really did need to set off if they wanted to get to her uncles.

“I want to go back for Alex.” She said as Adam entered the trailer.
“You can’t. They will know we are missing now.” He replied to her sadly.
Her eyes glazed over at the thought of not going to get her. She cursed her self. She should have gone back for her the night before. Before any one would know they were missing, but she had felt so defeated that she hadn’t had the strength.

They walked most of the day, stopping occasionally to rest from the strain of carrying Ethan. Adam had suggested snatching a pram or a buggy from a park while the un suspecting mother was occupied with the her child, but Morgan had put her floor down, making it very clear that they were not going to steal anything no matter what they needed.

They had stopped in a library after Adam had suggested that they take a look on the Internet to find her uncles actual address. They had stuck lucky and Nathan had been listed. Printing it off along with the directions they had set off again with the sun beating down on their backs.

When they arrived at her uncles the night had started to draw in again. The sun turning the sky orange as it slowly sank. They stood outside a small two-story house in a row of houses that all looked very similar.
“This is it.” Adam said.
“Yes, it is” she nodded.

Morgan passed Ethan to Adam and crept up the driveway of the house to the front window. She stooped down below window level and tried to listen through the glass. She could hear her uncle laughing. Carefully she rose up and peeked through the open curtains. She could see her uncle lounging on the sofa watching television. Karen, her soon to be aunt was sat on the floor with Nathaniel their two-year-old son. He was laughing at what ever Karen was doing.

Morgan’s heart sank at the thought. She couldn’t wreak their lives. For the first time in a while her uncle looked happy. She didn’t want to destroy that. If she knocked on their door the police would have to be called and they would be dragged into the nightmare that was her life.

Adam joined her bringing Ethan with him.
“What's wrong? Knock on the door.”
She looked him in the eyes, her bottom lip quivering. “I cant, I can’t do it.”
“What? Why not, this is what you came for. This is what we walked all day for. Here hold Ethan.” Adam thrust Ethan into her arms before she had time to protest. He got up and walked to the door.
“Please don’t.” she pleaded.
Adam shrugged his shoulders. “Too late, they have seen me.”

Morgan crawled over to the bushes with Ethan and hid. “Please” she begged as the front door opened. She listened as she heard Nathan’s voice. She wanted to come out and throw her arms around. She wanted to cry, but she couldn’t.

“Hello?” said Nathan to Adam
“Hi. I er.” Adam thought quickly what to do. He couldn’t understand why she had, had such a change of heart, but the look on her face showed the sincerity of her fear.
“Can I help you?” Nathan tried again.
“I’m sorry to disturb you sir, but I am just looking for directions. Can you tell me where the local telephone box is?”
“Do you want to use my phone?”
Adam grimaced at the suggestion.
“No it’s ok; I just need a telephone box, if you can just point me in the direction of the nearest one.”
Nathan rubbed the back of his neck, not sure whether or not to question the boy more.
“It’s just round the corner, but if you need some help, I don’t mind you using mine.”
“No its ok. Thank you for your help.”

Adam walked off cursing himself for coming up with something so pathetic. He could feel the pressure of Nathans stare as he walked quickly back down the drive.
Morgan watched. She pleaded in her head for Nathan to go back in the house before Ethan started to voice his complaint about being in the bushes. She had already had to clamp her hand over his mouth to silence his childish mutterings.

Once Adam was out of his sight Nathan gave the outside a glance and went back into the house, locking the door behind him. Morgan watched from the bushes as she saw Nathan enter the lounge and talk. Carefully she eased herself out, trying to keep in line with them as she crept down the garden. She kept her eyes on Nathan, hoping that he would resume lounging on the sofa so that she could get up properly and ease the cramp that was starting in her calves.

Ethan chattered happily. She had no idea what he was saying; just the odd word was understandable. She cringed as she tried to keep him quite and move at the same time.
Finally getting out of the garden, she saw Adam peeping out from being a tree further down the street. He motioned for her to join him and she signalled to let him know that she had seen him.

Looking back into the house could see that Nathan had finally sat down or left the room, as she couldn’t see him anymore through the window.
Morgan rose to her feet, taking please of her leg muscles stretching.
“Hey” called Nathan from the door.
Morgan gasped, she hadn’t checked the door, and she hadn’t expected him to come back out. She turned on her heal and ran. Ethan started screaming in protest at being bopped up and down with her running, but she clutched him tight and carried on. She could hear Nathan calling out behind her. She had to get away; he couldn’t see it was her.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 05:16:27 am by flid » Logged

http://www.simsmad.co.uk

A friend will bail u out of jail, but a best friend will be there with u saying, Damn that was fun!
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 07:36:05 am »

wow Fabulous story so far.
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 06:57:35 pm »

omg thats were it ends!!!!???!!!?! i NEEEEEEEEEED more!!!!!!!!

LAX is whats up.
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 06:59:48 pm »

She raced over the road, not looking for any traffic that may have been coming along. A car sounded its horn at her in annoyance as the driver broke fast. She mumbled a sorry at him and carried on running. She could see the local park ahead of her, if she could just get there before her Uncle Nathan caught her up.

She reached the park gate and raced through into the darkness, her chest hurting at the effort. Finding cover behind an oak tree she slumped down to its roots, hoping that the darkness would shade her.

She heard Nathan run into the park and stop. She had to force herself not too look. Scared that he would be looking in her direction.
“Morgan?” he called.
Morgan bit her lip to stop herself answering. Tears rolling softly down her pale face as she fought with everything she had to ignore him and herself.

“Morgan, if that’s you come out, there’s no need to be scared.”
She heard him getting closer. Fear ground her further into the dirt.
She closed her eyes and wished for him to leave. Resting her head back against the trunk of the tree she felt the light droplets of rain land on her face and mixing with her tears.

She heard Nathan sigh and his footsteps started to fade. Morgan let out the breath that she hadn’t realised she was holding. She didn’t dare move though, just in case Nathan was still looking. The rain was getting heavier. Ethan started to cry as the water ran down his face and soaked through his clothes.
She held him closer trying to shield him from the water that fell.

“Morgan” Someone whispered. “Morgan, its Adam.”
“Adam?”
Morgan eased her self out from behind the tree, still afraid that Nathan was near.
“Has he gone?”
“Yeah, I saw him go back into his house and then came for you.” Adam looked at Morgan, she looked a mess, her red hair was stuck to her head and her eyes were red and swollen.
“Why have you been crying?” he asked her.
“I haven’t.”
“Hhhmmm”

He knew she had, it was plain for anyone to see, but if she wanted to keep it private then he wasn’t going to argue, he knew too well what it was like to want to keep your feelings away from people. He had done it enough with his father. After years of beatings Adam had soon learnt that crying out just made it worse. Many times he had held it in and waited until his father either passed out or went back to the pub. Once in private he had curled up and cried silently. Vowing never to show anyone his feelings again.

“What do you want to do now? I am soaked, so are you two and it’s too much to walk back to the trailer now.”
“I don’t know.” She said shrugging.
“Come one, I’m sure we’ll find something.” Adam held his hand out and helped Morgan onto the path. She followed him as he walked to the children’s area.
“We’ll have to rest here for now.” He said pointing to one of the children’s play houses. Morgan didn’t answer; she just followed him in and sat down in the corner.

Adam reached into Morgan’s bag and pulled out a bottle of juice and some crisps he had from his trip to the supermarket that morning. Morgan went to shake her head, But she was hungry and so was Ethan, instead she took them with a smile.

Taking a mouthful of the juice her self, and a few crisps, she offered Adam some, but he refused, she gave the rest to Ethan. They watched him as he ate then as fast as a toddler could, getting crumbs and soggy crisps down his chin mixed in with the juice.

Adam put his arm around Morgan and she flinched. “We need to stay warm. “He said. She smiled at him and moved closer. Morgan put her arm around Ethan as he fell asleep.
Resting her head on Adam she closed her eyes and tried to rest her self.

Mia’s mobile rang as she was walking back into the house. She had spent the morning arguing with the social workers as to why she hadn’t been informed the moment they knew her two children had gone missing. She had then spent the rest of the day driving round the streets searching for them.
“Hello?”  
“Mia?” Nathan said nearly deafening her.
“Yeah?”
“Its Nathan, can you come over.”
“Now?”  Yeah she asked fear making her skin tingle.
“Please.”
Mia got straight into her car. She had no idea what Nathan wanted, but his voice had held an edge of urgency.

She pulled her car up outside. Nathan was waiting for her at the door way. Mia leapt from her car and towards Nathan, she could feel it in her gut, something was wrong.
“Nathan what is it?”  She asked scared of what the answer would be, normally Nathan was calm, but he looked on edge.
“It’s Morgan.”
“Morgan? God is she alright?”
“I think she came here tonight.”

She looked at him puzzled. “You think?”
“Yeah some lad looks just like that Adam knocked on my door. I didn’t know it was him until I went back in the house and saw his picture on the local news. When I went back out he was gone, but I caught sight of a girl with a toddler in her arms.”
“Ethan!”
Nathan nodded.
“Where did they go?”
“That’s just it, I don’t know. I called to her, but she ran into the park and I lost her, but I think it was defiantly her.”
“Why’d she run?”
“Mia, I’m sorry I don’t know, I just thought I should tell you.”

Mia didn’t wait around, she ran over to the park to search for them, maybe they were still there or at least still in the area.
Her heart was pounding as she entered the park. It was raining and dark. She searched everywhere, but no sign. All that faced her were kids play houses and empty swings.
“Morgan come home.” she begged into the empty night. She wanted her to be safe and warm.

Nathan came up behind her and put his arms around her.
“She’s not here.” She sobbed.
“Come on your soaked.” He said leading her back to his house.
She leant into him as they walked and cried.

As Morgan drifted off to sleep she felt herself being dragged into dreams of her father and mother.
Her mind floated to many different scenes. Her uncle smiling, her mother laughing. Her fathers face when he saw her entering a room.
She saw her mother curled up, saw her crying. She saw the man bending over her, punching her over and over again.

“Morgan, Morgan” she heard. Thinking she was still in her dream she opened her eyes slowly expecting to see her room, the pink wallpaper that her father had put up and the matching furniture. For a moment she thought she was home. Then she remembered as Adam continued to call her name.

Adam leant over her. She hadn’t felt him or Ethan move, but she was lying down.
“You were crying.”
Instinctively she ran her fingers over her eyes; she felt the damp of the tears she hadn’t known she had shed.
“Sorry, bad dream. What time is it?”
“I don’t know, morning sometime, but early, the sun has only just come up.”
“Where’s Ethan?”
“He’s here look.” He said pointing to the opposite side of the play house. “You were in a deep sleep, so me and the little guy went over there and played.”

“Oh.” She said as she eased her self up. Her neck and back stiff from lying in such an awkward position.
“I know you don’t believe in stealing, but we need some food, especially for Ethan”
“I have some money, I er “
“You stole it?”
Morgan nodded not wanting to admit it to him.
“We should save that, you never know when we might need it. Its only a bit of food, I’ll go and get it, you two can stay outside.”
Morgan tried to protest, but he placed his finger over her lips to shush her.
“We have to survive Morgan; your principles won’t fill us.”

Adam was an expert in shoplifting. It was the only way he had managed to eat while he lived with his father, but after being put into care he had never got out of the habit. He never stole anything like CD’s or DVD’s etc always food. It was natural to him, it was how he had survived for years and he didn’t know anything else.

They walked through the park. The rain had stopped. Patches of dry concrete were starting to show through the damp floor. Supermarkets were everywhere these days, so it didn’t take them long to find one. Most of them were 24 hour stores too, though at the earlier times in the day they had to be extra cautious as there were fewer shoppers to hide behind.

Morgan took Ethan into the ladies to wash his face and clean him up a bit. His chin was sticky from his juice earlier and his hair was matted to his head after being left to dry in the cool night air while he was sleeping.
A woman came in to use the toilets. She stopped when she spotted Morgan with Ethan sat on the counter. Morgan smiled at her and turned back to Ethan, willing the woman to get on with what she came for and leave them alone. “Come on Ethan. Lets go find mummy.” She said to him trying to make the woman think that she wasn’t here alone. The last thing she wanted was to have to run again. She didn’t have the energy for that and she was pretty sure Ethan would scream blue murder if she even tried.

Adam was already outside waiting for her when she came out of the supermarket. He sat on one of the benches and smiled as she approached.
“Feel better?” he asked.
“A little would love a shower though.” She said pointing to her dirty hair.

They walked back into the park and sat at a picnic table to enjoy their breakfast. It wasn’t much, just some bread rolls, milk and biscuits, but it tasted so good. Morgan was so thirsty. She put the carton of milk to her mouth and didn’t stop drinking until the carton crushed from the emptiness.
“So who was it that your father is accused of killing?” asked Adam out of the blue.
Morgan tensed.
“Erm… no one.”
“Yeah he did, I read he is up for murder.”
She shifted uneasily on the ground. “I don’t want to talk about it, if that’s ok.”

Ethan sneezed as he drank his milk and managed to spray it everywhere. Morgan was relieved as it took Adams mind off asking her anymore personal questions.
Adam took a tissue out of his pocket and laughed as he cleaned up the mess. He managed to catch the milk when Ethan sneezed a second time.
“I hope he isn’t getting a cold.” Said Adam.
“Me too.”

“So what do you want to do now?” asked Morgan
“Back to the trailer I guess. We don’t have anywhere else to go. Unless you want to go back to the home?”
Morgan shook her head. “I’ll be in so much trouble if I go back.”
“Why did you run away? Its nice enough there.”
“If its so nice.” She said. “Why did you come with me?”
“Told you. I’ll be leaving there soon anyway. At least this way I haven’t got social services keeping tabs on me.”
“How long have you been there?” she asked. She wasn’t really curious, but she wanted to keep the conversation off her self.
“Been there since I was nine.”
“why?”
“Why what?”
“Why are you in foster care?”
“’cos of my dad. I told you that.”
“Yeah I know,  but what about your mum?”

He was speechless for a moment. How did he say that even his mother had dumped him? Walked out on him and saved her self, leaving him with his drunken father. Maybe he could tell her or maybe if she knew she would be put off. If his own mother didn’t like him enough to save him, why would some girl her hardly know care?

“I don’t know where she is. Shall we get moving?” he asked changing the subject.

After they had finished their food, they decided that the best place to go would be the trailer. At least it was shelter. Once there they could decide what to do next.

They were about an hour away from the trailer when Ethan started to cry again. He had been grisly all day and was desperately trying to fight sleep.
“I don’t think we should go on.” Said Adam looking at Ethan. “I don’t think he can take anymore.”
“But where will we stay?”
“I don’t know.” Adam thought for a while. He knew there was a train station near where they were; maybe they could find some shelter there for a while. Until Ethan was rested.
“You stay here, I’ll be ten minutes.”

Morgan sat on the grass with Ethan while she waited for Adam. Half an hour and he still hadn’t come back. She tried to keep her thoughts away from the possibility that he may have abandoned them. She didn’t want to think about that. Her breathing became un even as panic began to set in. Constantly she scanned around her looking for him walking towards them, but he didn’t.

Scooping Ethan up again she stood and tried to decide if she should go looking for him, but she didn’t know where to start. She knew the direction he had taken, but in the time he had left he could have gone anywhere.
“Looks like it’s just you and me again.” She sighed to Ethan. Tears fell from her eyes and she quickly wiped them away. “God I am turning soft.” She said laughing and forcing the tears away. She didn’t want to cry again, that’s all she had done. She had chosen to leave with Ethan, she had to be strong and look after him.

“I hope your not leaving me behind.” Said Adam from behind her.
She was so relieved when she saw him. She could have run over and hugged him.
“I thought you had left me.”
Adams face broke into a grin. “Don’t be daft. I found us somewhere and I went to get more food. I am starving.”
“You found somewhere?”
“Yeah, just an old caretakers place near the railway, nothing special, but it’s dry and inside.”

She followed Adam. The place wasn’t the Hilton. The furniture was old and worn, but the bed looked so comfortable to her. She could feel her muscles calling for her to lie down and relax. There was a small stove in the corner and a curtain that had obviously acted as a kitchen wall. Adam opened his bag and pulled out a tin of beans and some more bread. “At least we can have something warm tonight.”
Morgan nodded, she was past caring that he had stolen it. Her stomach called out to the food. They hadn’t eaten since breakfast. Anything they had left they had given to Ethan.

She sat Ethan down on the bed and offered him some of the bread but he just pushed it away and cried. She tried again with some more milk, but he didn’t want that either.
Curling up on the bed with him she held him tight and stroked his head. She could feel he was getting hot. She hoped that a good nights sleep would make him feel better. The rain from the night before had obviously given him a cold.

Morgan got Ethan off to sleep and covered him up with the old blanket that was on the bed. Adam had cooked the beans and had them waiting for her.
She took a mouthful and closed her eyes as she enjoyed the feeling of warm food going down her throat.
“Is he ok?” asked Adam nodding his head towards Ethan.
“I think he has a cold coming, he is a bit hot.”
“Maybe we should take him to a doctor, get him checked out.”

Morgan’s dropped her spoon. “We can’t go to a doctor; they will send me back to the home.”
“But what if it’s serious?”
“It’s just a cold, he’ll be fine.”
“And if he’s not?”
“He will be. We’ll go to a shop tomorrow and get something for him. I have seen my mum do it hundreds of times with me and I always got better.”
Adam sighed and continued to eat his food. He wasn’t happy at just letting Ethan get over the cold. He had suffered enough when he was little. He didn’t want anyone so innocent to suffer like he did, even if it was just as trivial as a cold. He promised him self that if Ethan didn’t improve he would take him to a doctor him self, even if he had to snatch him away from Morgan.

Adam and Morgan curled up in the bed. The days may have been warm, but when night fell the temperature dropped tremendously. They put Ethan in an old cot they had found

Morgan awoke first. She ran her hand through Ethan damp hair. He was even hotter than the night before. She placed her hand on his chest to feel it going up and down. Gently she lifted him up.
“Ethan.” She said softly trying to wake him, but he wouldn’t respond. “Ethan” she called louder. Still he wouldn’t move. She placed him back on the bed and sprang up. “Ethan.” She shouted this time. “Wake up Ethan.”
Adam sat up with a start. “What's going on?”

“Its Ethan, I can’t wake him.” Adam jumped up and looked at Ethan. He tried calling him to but he wouldn’t respond. Adam picked him up, but his little body was just limp in his arms.
“We have to get him to hospital.”
Morgan looked at Adam despair going across her face. “We can’t.”
Adam pushed her out of the way and jumped off the bed with Ethan in his arms.
“What are you doing?”
“I’m getting him help.” He said as he ran out the door.

A friend will bail u out of jail, but a best friend will be there with u saying, Damn that was fun!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 07:21:53 pm »

OMG, don't leave me hanging like this

next installment please!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 07:33:28 pm »

Glad you enjoyed it, will post the next bit up tomorrow for you.

oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 07:14:42 pm »

its tomorrow come on!! I wanna know if Ethan is oke Sad

LAX is whats up.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 02:47:31 am »

Quote from: Aliwag
OMG, don't leave me hanging like this

next installment please!

I second this. It is tomorrow already lol
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 07:37:47 am »

well, actually, I got so desperate that I cheated - I went to Flid's sight to see the next bit, but now I want the bit after that, so I'm still hanging really!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 11:47:22 am »

Morgan ran after him as Adam ran to the main high street. She caught up with him as he got into a taxi. “Will you take us to the hospital please?” Adam begged the driver.

The driver took one look at Ethan in Adams arms and nodded. Morgan got in the back seat. The driver sped off to the hospital. Neither Adam or Morgan spoke, but Adam kept hold of Ethan not wanting to give Morgan a chance to hold him and get out of the taxi if it stopped at lights or something.

The taxi pulled up outside the A&E entrance. Adam jumped out quickly and raced into the hospital. Morgan looked at the meter in the car and cringed. The driver saw her face.
“Hey kid, forget it, go and help the little one.”
Morgan sat back stunned.
“Go on, think of it as an act of kindness.” The driver smiled.

Morgan quickly got out before he had time to change his mind. She quickly ran into the hospital and saw a nurse taking Ethan from Adam. She wanted to go over, but she didn’t dare. What if she was reported? What if she had done something to Ethan to make him like he was? She would be arrested. Maybe she deserved it. Maybe this was her punishment for killing someone.

Adam turned and caught sight of her hovering by the door. He waved for her to come over, but she shook her head. Slamming his hands down into his pockets he walked annoyed to her.
“What's your problem?” he asked.
“Nothing, will he be ok?”
“I don’t know, they have taken him in to be looked at. Are you coming to see him?”

Morgan shook her head and stepped back.
“Morgan.”
“I’m sorry” she said as she turned to run. Adam grabbed her arm and pulled her back.
“That’s your baby brother in there, you gonna abandon him? Leave him to be taken into another care home by him self. You brought him into this; you have to take responsibility for this.”
Adam let go of her arm, hoping that he may have got some sense into her, but the moment he let go she ran.

Morgan stopped at the back of the hospital. She bent over and cried in frustration.
Leaning back against the wall she slid down until she was sitting on the floor. Pulling her knees up against her chest she hugged her self.

Adam stood watching her for a second, not sure if he should leave her to gather her self or whether he should go and comfort her. He walked over slowly; she didn’t move or look up. He hoped this was a good sign.
Crouching down beside her, he placed his warm hand under her chin and lifted her face up until her eyes were looking into his.
“Morgan.” He said softly. “What do you want to do? We have to do something.”
She didn’t answer him, looking into his face her eyes darted rapidly from side to side.

He stood her up to face him properly.
“Morgan come on, talk to me. He’s your brother.”
“Maybe…” she said thinking. “Maybe we could send him to my Uncle Nathan”
“Ok, is that what you want to do?”
“I just want him to be ok. I don’t want him back in some home. I want him to be home with our mother.”

“Ok well, we will go and give them Nathans address and leave.”
“We can’t leave, not until I can see that he is safe.”
“Alright, then we give them the address and watch from somewhere so that they can’t see us?” he suggested.
She smiled and nodded, her cheeks still wet with tears.

Adam pulled Morgan into him. She buried her face into his strong warm chest. Wrapping his arms around her, he pulled her closer while she cried.
Pulling back a little he wiped the tears from her face and smiled at her.
“Shall we go and see him and say goodbye?”

Adam held her hand as he led her into the hospital. Ethan was lying in a room on his own. He was awake and smiled when he saw them come in.
“Hey little man” said Morgan trying to keep the tears from her voice.
Ethan held his arms out to her for her to pick him up, but she held back. She knew if she picked him up that she wouldn’t be able to put him back down. He needed to go back to their family; he didn’t deserve to be living on the streets with her.
She swallowed hard and pushed his arms back down gently.

Morgan stared at him, not sure how to explain to him that she was going now and he wouldn’t see her again. She didn’t want to think about not seeing him, but she needed to tell him somehow. She wasn’t sure he would understand much.
A nurse came in as Morgan was bent down over Ethan.
“May I help you?” she asked.
Morgan stood up and looked helplessly at Adam.
“This is our sister.” He lied.
“Oh, well I am glad you are both here. Ethan appears to be dehydrated. We have attached him to some fluids and given him some antibiotics, he appears to be picking up quickly, but I do need to contact your mother or father as you’re not able to sign his forms.”
Morgan’s eyes went wide with fear, she didn’t know her mothers address how could she give it to the nurse.
“We live with our uncle; I can give you his details.”
Morgan breathed a silent sigh of relief as Adam wrote down Nathans address and phone number for the nurse.

“I’ll just go and call, you two wait here please.”
They watched as the nurse left.
“Thanks Morgan said.”
“Hey I don’t want to cause suspicion any more than you do.”
“Yes but I can’t believe that you came up with that so quick.
He smiled at her. “I am a practiced liar. I’ll leave you to say goodbye, then we have to get out of here before they get suspicious.”
Morgan nodded and watched Adam leave the room.

“Hey Ethan” she said to him stroking his hair like she always did. “Morgan’s has to go now, but mummy will be here soon. I love you.”
Ethan muttered something to her, but she had no idea what he was saying, she just hoped that somehow he would understand that he was better off with out her and she was leaving him for the right reasons. Maybe one day she would be able to explain to him, why she had abandoned him in the hospital.

Adam burst back into the room. “We have to leave now.” He said waving a paper frantically in her face.
“Now? Why?”
He gave her the paper and her heart flipped as she read the headline.

“Police fear for safety of tot.” She opened the paper further to read more.

Two days ago two year old Ethan Harris was snatched in the middle of the night by thirteen year old Morgan Harris and sixteen year old Adam King. Police are desperately searching for the trio. Anyone seeing them should not approach them, but should call their local police station immediately.

The paper had included recent photographs of them all.

Morgan put her hand over her mouth. She thought she was going to be sick reading it.
“They think we kidnapped him?” she asked not taking her eyes from the paper.
“It looks like it, we have to go. That was on the nurses desk, you know the one who told us to stay here.”
“Oh god Adam.”
Morgan walked over to Ethan and bent down and kissed him. “Goodbye Ethan. I love you” she said, her voice shaking.

Adam opened the door to Ethan’s room and looked down the corridor, making sure that no one was coming. He signalled to Morgan to tell her it was clear. Slowly they left Ethan’s room. Morgan took one last look at Ethan before she closed his door.
They heard the nurse coming back, she was talking to someone else. Quickly they darted across the corridor to the empty room opposite.

“They were here a minute ago” said the nurse to her companion.
“have you called the police?” he asked.
“Yes, they are on the way. We need to alert security to look out for these two.”
“Alright I will. Did you tell them what was wrong?”
“No, I just said the baby was dehydrated. When I saw who it was I made my excuses and left. They did however give me an address and phone number of a where they said they were staying.”

Adam eased himself out of the room, with Morgan close at his heal. He kept his eye on Ethan’s slightly opened door as they quietly walked down the corridor. Grabbing Morgan suddenly he pushed her into a side corridor quickly and turned her back as two police officers walked past them and entered Ethan’s room.

“Run for the door.” He whispered. Morgan nodded. She did a quick check, focused on the door and ran. The door felt like it was miles away. The woman behind the desk glanced up at the girl running past her. People sat in the chairs waiting to be seen suddenly forgot their ailments for a second as they watched her rush past. Morgan was three feet or so away from the door when she stopped suddenly. Adam almost crashed into the back of her. She turned quickly and bumped into him.
“What's wrong?” He asked
“Nathan” she said before heading back the way she had just come.

Adam focused his attention on the couple who were approaching the door, he recognised the man as Morgan’s uncle, but he didn’t know the woman. She looked exactly like Morgan only older and with longer hair. Morgan tugged on Adams top and pulled him back down the corridor to the room they had hidden in before. Once again they were trapped.

They listened and watched as one of the officers collected Nathan and the woman, showing them to Ethan’s room by one of the police officers. Morgan started to tremble. It was her mother. She wanted to go out there and scream that she was here and to beg her to take her home, but she couldn’t. It was her fault her mother’s life was now in tatters. Going back would just cause trouble for both of them and she wanted her mother to be happy and that meant not having a murderer for a daughter.

Adam gently pulled Morgan away from the door. He could feel her shaking. He pressed her head against his chest and just held her. She didn’t cry, but the pain was deep. She closed her eyes and took comfort in the warmth of Adams chest against her face.

Adam put his arm over Morgan’s shoulder and led her out of the room. Her mother and the police were deep in conversation. No one noticed them as they quietly slid out of the hospital un noticed.

They walked quietly back to the caretakers room at the railway to collect what little belongings they had. Morgan saw Ethan’s jacket on the floor. She picked it up and held it to her face, taking in his scent. Her tears dripped into the fabric as she cried. Adam walked to her and gently eased it from her fingers.
“He’ll be ok.” He said trying to re assure her. He folded his arms around her and rested his head in her hair.

They packed up what there stuff and took a few of the blanks from the room. It didn’t look like anyone lived there, the stuff wouldn’t be missed.

It took them a while to get back to the trailer. They were both tired, dirty and hungry. Morgan felt defeated. She had tried so hard to look after Ethan and she had failed, but at least he had their mother now. She wished she did too. She lay down and moved into Adam as he slept. Listening to the sound of his slow breathing she could tell he was asleep. She closed her own eyes. She could see her mother and father. She could recall her fathers aftershave as if he was there with her in the trailer.

Sleep finally claimed her.

When she opened her eyes it was light outside. She was still nestled in Adams arm. He was awake though, just lying there thinking about things.
“Morning.” He said looking down at her. She smiled back up at him. Her stomach gave a loud rumble and Adam laughed. “I take it your hungry.”

He moved his hand to her hair and moved the stray strand that had fallen into her eye. “Come on. Breakfast.” Adam sat up lifting Morgan up with him.

They walked into the town which was about fifteen minutes away. Morgan had talked Adam out of going back to the supermarket. They couldn’t steal from there everyday. Someone would notice them. They found a small café in the town. Its owner was opening up by the looks of things. Morgan could smell the bacon cooking and it made her stomach complain even more. She could almost taste the hot salty meat in her mouth. Just one bite she thought.

The woman noticed Morgan gawping at her. “Can I help you?” she asked.
Morgan stepped back. She didn’t want to talk to anyone. What if they called the police? She would have to go back.
“Are you hungry?” tried the woman again.

Morgan grabbed Adams hand. She wanted him to take her away, but he didn’t, he started talking. Morgan couldn’t believe it. What was he doing?

“Very.” Said Adam.
“Come inside, I’ll make you something.”

Morgan squeezed Adams hand trying to tell him that she wanted to leave, but she felt him leading her into the café after the woman.

“What can I get you both?” she asked.
Adam scanned over the menu. They didn’t have much left. “Just some toast please.”

The woman nodded and walked off to the kitchen.
“What are you doing?” asked Morgan horrified.
“Trying to get us food.”
“We can’t afford it.”

The woman came back to their table and Morgan sat back and smiled trying not to let it show that there was a problem.
“Would you like something to drink?” she asked as she placed butter down on the table.
“Just water.” Replied Adam.

“Can we go?” Said Morgan once the woman was out of earshot.
“When we haven’t eaten.”
“She’ll call the police.”
“Over what? Some toast?”

The woman came back with their toast. She also brought over a plate with eggs and bacon on. Morgan looked at it horrified.
“We can’t afford this.” Said Adam.
“Its ok young man. It’s on me. Now are you sure you wouldn’t prefer a better drink to water. Something hot maybe?”
Adam ignored Morgan as she kicked his leg. He knew she wanted him to say no and get them out of there, but he wasn’t going to take up a good offer. He had no idea when they would get their next warm meal or any meal for that matter. “We’ll have some coffee please.”

The woman brought their coffee over and left them in peace. She smiled to her self as she watched them tucking into their food. She knew they were street kids, but she took pleasure in helping them. Just giving them a meal here and there wasn’t going to break the bank and it meant they had something filling inside them for once.

She watched them curiously. It was sad to see such young people living rough, but she wasn’t going to question them. They had their reasons.

They finished their food and Morgan dragged Adam out as fast as she could, her nerves were jumping all over the place. She didn’t trust the woman in the café.

They walked slowly back to the trailer. They weren’t in any rush to go back. Morgan was relieved the further they got from the café, but she was glad her stomach was full. She just couldn’t understand why the woman had helped them.

oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 02:55:20 pm »

thats it!
im so anxious for the next bit

LAX is whats up.
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 03:00:58 pm »

he he he still working on the next bit, but I will post it as soon as its done.

I may post her parents story up as this is actually a sequel to my story Alone.

oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 11:12:49 pm »

ooo sounds intresting! Ill be waiting!  
But for now im off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of oz! :pickleride:

LAX is whats up.
Hofinator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 06:12:15 am »

:goodjob: hurry up with that story, I can't wait longer!!!!!!!!!!!!:yummy:

ITS SO INTERESTING

Die 10 A's eines guten Administrators:  Alle Anfallenden Arbeiten Auf Andere Abwälzen, Anschließend Ankacken, Aber Anständig!!!
:lurk: :smt104:notsmili:
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 11:18:45 pm »

Fantastic work so far!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: