Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 11:43:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visitor enabled & autonomous baby changing table  (Read 20513 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jaykay13

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 08:39:56 am »

OK have swapped mods and all options appear to work now, so I'm happy, thanks for the help!!
caseycat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 05:16:12 pm »

Thanks for this one.  You mention the baby gender choice.  Is there one?  Because I am fed up with having to go back to the neighbourhood everytime I get the wrong gender.... Here's hoping!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 07:04:15 am »

Quote from: caseycat
You mention the baby gender choice. Is there one?
no I had to remove it because of sims gender reverting back to default when they aged to child & there were problems with corrupt family trees.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Magicmoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 05:00:49 pm »

Squinge,

I am still using the changing table with the higher advertising that you sent me. Just wanted you to know that I am very, very happy with the results, as I have been playing houses that are large and have many items for the sims to choose from (thus needing higher advertising on some items). I have had no instances of sims getting obsessed with diaper changing.

I'm starting a new batch of people fresh from college that will be starting their own families in small, cheap houses. It's good to know that I can revert to the download on this page if anyone becomes obsessed. In the meantime, I will keep in the one you gave me and hope that I can use it for all houses.

Thanks for such a great mod!

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT, AL
Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 05:01:52 am »

Squinge, just a quick note to say thank you for this mod.  I've been using it for some time, it works beautifully and is one of my TS2 Must Haves.
poisonedsodapop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 09:47:40 pm »

I keep looking at this mod cause I want it but it conflicts with the baby harrasment thing. But then again so do your visitor enabled cribs so I suppose I could give this a go and see if it destroys my game lol. I'll test it out tomorrow I suppose.

Could their also be a visitor enabled toddler toilet on the way? Those nannies would come in much more handy if that were the case.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:51:30 pm by poisonedsodapop » Logged

Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 08:23:39 pm »

thanks for this now hopefully visiting sims will change the baby when it poops rather than just dropping it on the floor or taking it to feed it

Is there a hack possible where they will put a baby back in its crib instead of dumping it on the floor

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 08:02:48 am »

Hi Squinge! No claims. Just some notes that I noticed. The changing table interactions work well with toddlers but my Sims seem not to take babies seriously on diaper changing. Instead of changing a green smoked baby they feed it.
Another thing I noticed is that No Sim seems to be able to get a baby out of the crib and age it (they have to place the baby on the ground first before throwing it up to be a toddler, otherwise they hold it undefinitely). The Servo instead can do it (just walk in, take the baby and age it).
The Servo can do a lot with babies that is new. Anyone else noticed this?

I use the Servo as a perfect nanny (otherwise I kill it once powering it down don't keep them home Sad ). Well, off-topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 02:59:12 pm »

Quote from: XPTL297
Hi Squinge! No claims. Just some notes that I noticed. The changing table interactions work well with toddlers but my Sims seem not to take babies seriously on diaper changing. Instead of changing a green smoked baby they feed it.
Another thing I noticed is that No Sim seems to be able to get a baby out of the crib and age it (they have to place the baby on the ground first before throwing it up to be a toddler, otherwise they hold it undefinitely). The Servo instead can do it (just walk in, take the baby and age it).
The Servo can do a lot with babies that is new. Anyone else noticed this?

I use the Servo as a perfect nanny (otherwise I kill it once powering it down don't keep them home Sad ). Well, off-topic.

Sims will always feed a baby before changing its diaper since it is a more important need to fulfill.

Also, if a baby have low needs the sim won't be able to age it until they are fulfill.  You can try and use the birthday cake to age if nothing else works.  I usually bathe, feed, play and then put the baby to sleep, when it wakes up you should be able to age it using the cake with no problems.  

This is an old issue that have been discussed many times on many sites, there is no magical solution unfortunately. Sad

As of why Servo can age them and not Sims, I have absolutely no idea.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:04:33 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:33:50 pm »

I get extremely frustrated waiting for sims to autonomously age a baby to toddlerhood. Sad I always wind up having to use the birthday cake or sometimes it's the next day before it happens! :lol: Since I won't have servos anymore I have no idea if they can grow up babies without all the annoyance or not.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »

I forgot to mention I don't have Servo either, I was just assuming they might be able too do that according to XPTL97 saying.  I did not try it myself.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 03:36:08 am »

Yep, I killed 4 of my 5 Servoes before I noticed that they are a perfect nanny.
I keep them full powered (have a energy paint self-made for this purpose).
As I stopped most of the interactions the Servo just make household works and Take Care of Babies.¨
My Servo is male and he enters the room, takes the baby and feed him when hungry, change diapers when they green smoked, bathe them when dirty,  cuddle them when social down like the nanny does and when at 18:00 of their last day, he just enter the room, pick up the baby, throws it on the air and age it.
So, everytime I have a new baby and the parents are relapse (most of the family Sims are elendig parents - they just wish another baby), I move this Servo always to a new baby home.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: