Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:18:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: adding verts,etc.. in my own body meshes  (Read 2324 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
onald
« on: July 14, 2006, 09:56:47 am »

im not sure this is the right topic area...

but i was about ready to break down and buy the newest milkshape, i wanted to make sure its the best 3d modeler for making my own body meshes, adding new verts, etc. and my verion of free milk ran out along time ago befor i saw that people was making some great stuff in the sims2 now...

ive used it befor for other games mods, and for sims1 a long time ago...

ive been using max5 for other games i mod and just started learning blender...

but ive seen what Warlokk is doing now with his high-rez body models and knew i could do what i want with with body meshes, adding new verts, etc...

i tryed to to learn more on this awhile back then some friends talked me into helping them mod some other games...

so should i get the newest milkshapes or should i try to learn blender some more or is there something even better i can use...

ill keep looking around these forums to see what else i can learn on this...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 10:02:10 am by onald » Logged
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:56:31 pm »

With the Unimesh plugin from MTS2 (I think), you can add/remove vertices on bodymeshes. There is a Unimesh tutorial at MTS2 that teaches this.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:21:06 am »

demon432's AlignNormals and ExtendedManualEdit are invaluable assets as well.  When you add vertices, the smoothing gets blown to Hell, and these allow you the greatest flexability in correcting the smoothing issues without having to resort to MilkShape's rather lacklustre "smooth all".  I honestly would not even try to add vertices without them.  Get them here.

wes_h's UniMesh plugins are an absolute must - download the version from here, as they are newer than those included in MilkShape and have many bugs worked out.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: