Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:26:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Base Meshes & Linked (Maxis) Skintones  (Read 206379 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Intermagus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »

Intermagus - there isn't a tutorial because it is mind-numbingly easy - use a shower-proof skintone when you create the Sim.

Please explain the difference between a normal skin and shower-proof skin. Is there some way to identify them using a package editor or some other means? Or make an existing skin so? Please forgive my ignorance.....I'm relatively new to the terminology used in the explanation.

Thank you very much.

If at first you don't succeed.....kill all the witnesses and destroy any of the evidence that you tried. :violent3:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 11:23:42 pm »

a normal skintone is one shipped by Maxis or one that uses the Maxis default nude meshes; "shower-proof" skintones have been modified by a very clever hacking (discovered by the lovely Marvine - all praise her name eternally) that use custom meshes.

Most will have a custom icon that informs you they are linked in some manner to something.  Below are examples of the icons you can expect to see.

When you are building a Sim in Create-A-Family or Create-A-Student, you click the * by the darkest Maxis skintone, select the one you want -- keep in mind you will not suddenly see the mesh it uses in a true nude state, that will only occur in game -- and that bit of doing is done.

If you find they are just a floating head in the shower, you have neglected to download the meshes or placed them in a location that the game cannot find them.  For this reason nude state meshes should always be in the Downloads folder, not a folder inside the Downloads folder.  Some versions of the game may or may not work the other way; but since I am not psychic I only give the advice I know to work 100% of the time.

So to recap - download the skintone you like, get the meshes, install all in your Downloads folder, start the game and get as twisted as you want to be making literally dozens of different versions of the same Sim.

PS: "shower-proof" is a common terminology, I suggest you take a moment to look at the genetics section of this sub-forum for further information

* barbie3icons.jpg (8.21 KB, 297x58 - viewed 75262 times.)

* bbnippleicons.jpg (8.53 KB, 297x58 - viewed 74568 times.)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Intermagus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 07:22:13 am »

Excellent....thank you for your patience and explanation. I will check into getting more of the lingo down. :book:

If at first you don't succeed.....kill all the witnesses and destroy any of the evidence that you tried. :violent3:
carol6552

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 03:30:07 pm »

Thank you...I have a floating head in the shower and bathtub of my slim body builder.  Will these file meshes fix it, or do I need something else?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »

possibly - there are additional meshes that are linked to adult versions with "plumbing" in the adults only section of the forum

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 01:36:50 am »

Latindream21: see the first post in this thread for information on how to open and get the files from a RAR archive.

normansims

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 12:13:26 pm »

Where's the files for the hairy guy shown in the picture
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 03:06:05 pm »

You can locate it in this thread:  "Shower-Proof" Skins for the Barbie Bodybuilder Mesh

The file is SKINTONE_ju-beos-allenabq-barbie.rar

lcross

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 01:42:42 pm »

I love your creations, thanks for sharing
TJDasen1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 09:18:44 pm »

Thank you Yakov! I finally get the whole .rar thing! Your patience in explaining all this to the non-technological of us is greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

Tim
Scorpio

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 06:50:55 pm »

How do the muscels show up? The last time I downloaded the skin the muscels didn't show up!

I\\\\\\\'m a bit....Spicy<br />Seriously:evil4:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2006, 01:02:42 pm »

Quote from: Scorpio
How do the muscels show up? The last time I downloaded the skin the muscels didn't show up!

Scorpio: see the first post in this thread for information on how to use the skintones.

Additional information is avalable here

mac 78

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 08:47:21 am »

I have to reload my game. Can't sim without these guys.Great !!!
Lilyblodyn45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 05:24:21 am »

YOU ARE AMAZING!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Cheesy:D

Alex Life
Is My Life

(So Click That Link!)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 12:13:20 am »

added bump-map enabled versions of the mesh and base recolours with bump-maps for cloning purposes to the first post

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: