Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:18:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial-Giving your in-game sims a permanent make-over.  (Read 49128 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wirelessguy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 11:45:31 pm »

8. Start up the game and load the required neighbourhood.

9. You can now delete the made-over sim from the Sim Bin as he/she is no longer needed. Also delete the file of the original sim extracted from your SavedSims folder.

10. Load up the lot that has the sim you gave the make-over to and they should now appear in their new look.

So you can color my world with sunshine yellow each day
Oh you can color my world with happiness all the way
Just take the green from the grass and the blue from the sky up above
And if you color my world, just paint it with your love
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 01:47:28 pm »

Brilliant guide! Thanks.  Always knew it was possible through SimPe but now know its a lot harder then I initially expected.  That said, with such a great guide its pretty easy to do such a procedure now.

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
pickpock

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 07:34:54 am »

Very good guide!
Is it possible to do multiple sims at once so you don't have to open-exit everytime, or would that screw things up?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come on! You know you want to... Join!

The Plot Thickens! It now contains: 1 broken chainsaw, 1 fishes ( I got hungry), 1/2 a bottle of rum (and thirsty too!) and way to many things keeping me away from the computer.
BlueAngel3121

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 03:03:30 am »

Thank you so much for this, will try it as soon as I get home.
Reyn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 11:32:06 am »

Does it fix their genetics?  That's really more my concern than their personal ugliness.

Fear the Fox of Fancifulness, for I shall cause attacks of....fancifulness.
A proud soldier in the Animal Army [ Click to learn how to enlist ]
A proud contributor to Free Sites[ Click to see my creations ]
Ariel Dursley, House Hufflepuff - Hogwarts Experience
You cannot take which is given freely, but you are free to look stupid trying.
kitcat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 08:56:02 pm »

Nice tut, thanks
yeegreen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 05:47:54 pm »

thx!!!!

Life is like a walking cat ~ Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino  (my mother & father)

In memory of my mother & father Nanami Feung Hanfanyo & Akihito Wan Kangino who both died May 9 1:37 AM *CRY SOD
strobe

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 08:06:50 am »

Very well written tutorial.  Thanks!
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 04:16:44 am »

W'relessguy! your tutorial works like magic. Even idiots like me managed a surgery which I've been yearning to do yet chickening out for I couldn't fully grasp tutorials given here and there about simsurgery.

Thanks a million nah make it billion. Now that I got the gist of it, let me ask you: Is it safe to make concurrent sim surgeries on the same sim long as I follow your guide? Meaning say I changed sims's skin now but by next month I found a better skin and I wanna change same sims's skin with the new one. Would multiple surgeries on same sim corrupt the sim or the game?
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 10:23:47 pm »

Thank you for this!

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
abc_ente

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 06:00:23 pm »

That's gorgeous! All these pics meant lots of work.

Me too, I was fed up with all those ugly Maxis' faces and one day I gave it a go and fiddled it out. It's just the same way, you did and it works fine.
Please don't take it amiss,:smile: I'd just liked to give a link for those German users that are not so good at English. Here's my description in German:
http://www.arte-della-vita.de/forum/showthread.php?t=966
Please scroll down to post 7. Thx
John55

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 03:40:38 pm »

Thanks... I just used your Tut.. Thank you. Really easy to use. Just one question. If I may. In the Sims browser the Sims that I replaced the new one with the old. The new one is listed as default. How would I get that removed from the Sims browser?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:16:39 pm by John55 » Logged
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 01:50:16 pm »

I have to say this was so easy to follow. It came in real handy too as I was doing a legacy series and the woman I chose did not have a showerproof skintone (was link to LBB) so I had a floating head when they woohoo or anything that she had to be nakie like that. I am not into all the bodybuilder skintones as I just do not have the room in my downloads folder for all of them too. So I edited the skintone I liked (it was freckled) and took and saved the textures over a maxis skintone in bodyshoppe so to unlink it to (LBB). Edited my sim in bodyshoppe as I already had her binned there from sharing her before. I then used your surgery tutorial and flip flopped her out and did not loose the relationship I had worked so hard to build with her fella or anything. Thanks. Now I have no floating head and an awesome new skintone that is still all freckled still and my sims family intact.

Now I have to bundle her back up and place her on the site for folks to redownload her with the newer skintone. ***hugs to you for this tutorial***
~~Dachs

aborym

Black Metal War Machine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »

thanks

The Deathship Has A New   Captain:evil5:
chinaphat_cu

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 07:42:38 pm »

Thank You.
Pages: 1 [2] 3