Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:31:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Townie & NPC Maker (Buyable) :D  (Read 33894 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sir Northis

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:01:36 pm »

Tired of typing the boolProp cheat (which would mess up your game) just to get an object that can create Townies or NPCs. Well, not to worry! You can now buy it for just 500 simoleans!

Warning: I don't know what Expansion Pack it works with. Also, I added it to the Creativity section, because it resembles your creativity in making a new Townie and/or NPC *You don't get creativity point's from this, sorry.* Sad Another thing I want to point out is when you buy it, you won't see a subscription of what it's about. I'm a noob at uploading objects and stuff and this is the first object I've submitted. Sad (I've posted another at ModTheSims2.com)

Please, inform me if this was already made by another user. I thought I was the only one that made this. Sad

Edit: I've modified a notepad with info on it and set all of the acessories into a nice folder. Wink

Yes, I can help you with that. Here try this and here are some pics with this. Also, like I said above, The tree is under Hobbies and Creativity.

To answer DLMuslow's question, you see how when you buy an item, and it shows a little description about it? Well, the Townie & NPC Maker doesn't have one (I didn't know how to add a description. And for Pottoe, it's self-expanatory. What this object does is create a new type of NPC or Townie that you desire. But anyways, here's another with more details. Hope this helped.

* Townie & NPC Maker.rar (195.19 KB - downloaded 3307 times.)

* snapshot_b1ac91d7_51d39ed1.jpg (69.83 KB, 600x450 - viewed 4975 times.)

* snapshot_b1ac91d7_b1d39e4e.jpg (70.83 KB, 600x450 - viewed 4615 times.)

* snapshot_b1ac91d7_b1d39e31.jpg (51.25 KB, 600x450 - viewed 4579 times.)

No one reads my post anymore! Argh! angry
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 05:01:59 am »

Well Sir, I suppose you posted in the wrong section.
I thank you to inform Kathy (the site owner) about.
Sir Northis

View Profile
>_<
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 08:50:55 am »

Whoops sorry, but thanks by the way.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 02:59:12 pm »

Nice job!
DLMulsow
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 04:05:06 pm »

What do you mean we wont see a subscription?  How do you use it?  What does it look like?  Help me out here...:hello2:
Pottoe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 05:08:01 pm »

Some explanation about the townie-makingthingy would be helpfull before downloading it and then finding out you can't figure out how it works.
Ravestarr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 07:55:03 pm »

This is awsome, I have needed such a thing saying as I am super sucky with cheatcodes! also I LOVE making NPC's!
Sir Northis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 08:01:19 pm »

Quote from: Ravestarr
This is awsome, I have needed such a thing saying as I am super sucky with cheatcodes! also I LOVE making NPC's!

Thanks for your comment, fellow site monkey. Wink (Hey! I'm upgraded to Rabid Monkey!) Cheesy

clubrocker247

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 08:52:55 pm »

Im pretty sure that someone has already extracted this.. because I have had this for at least 6 months. Clubrocker247
Sir Northis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 09:05:04 pm »

Do you have a URL where I can find it? Do you have proof?

bryan87

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 10:37:06 pm »

i have a question, what you mean by that you desire? as in the NPC, do you mean by creating them as a playable char and skintone and then put them as playable?
tinman_1267
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 10:54:32 pm »

I'm not to sure how to use this maker.  please help

What I was trying to do is to have my own self made townies and NPC's and to delete all the ones that the game was shipped with.  

First I created a few extra sims (families).  Then I moved one of the sim into a vaccant lot and put the "maker" on the lot.  Now this is where I started to get a little confused. I fumbled through the menus and finally killed all the townies and then (I think) I deleted all the NPC's.  I saved the game (clicking the disk) and then I went to create a townie.  I found the sims that I created and turned them into townies.  That part seemed to work fine.  But when I went to check (SimPE) what families were still in my town, all the townies and the NPC's were still listed in my game.  I went back to the lot and repeated the process of deleting the townies, all townines said there good-bye's, but again in SimPE, they were still listed as part of the game.  I never got past that part...
Then I went to create a townie, I'm not to sure what happend.  That did not seem to work the way that I expected.  It seems that I was given the options to change gender, skin tone, and age but then again, not seeing the sim that was "created" and going to SimPE and seeing no change.

I guess I'm not sure if I'm using the maker for what I thought or if I'm missing something, but basically what I'm looking for is to delete townies and NPC's that I don't care for and replace them with sims that I created.

Again Please help
chobeegal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 01:21:20 am »

Quote from: Sir Northis
Do you have a URL where I can find it? Do you have proof?

I got the IDENTICAL item posted at MTS2 by sims2germany 18th Apr 2006 at 05:07 PM.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=150030
Download Details
Posted 18th Apr 2006 at 05:07 PM - Viewed 6308 times.
I'm not sure if anyone has found/posted this yet - so here it is.

I found this in the "UNKNOWN" portion of simPE Objects - (See Screenshot).
I changed NOTHING - only added a price of "§1" and placed it into the "Decorative - Miscellaneous" Buy Category - and I added a GUID.

It works - the only issue that I have seen is that the game will pause for approximately 8-10 seconds before a command takes place.

Feel free to check it out - it's rather bizarre

If anyone has already posted this, I appologize for wasting your time - strange hidden objects are fun!

° I am assuming this will work with Nightlife since the tree generates EP1/EP2 Characters - I may be mistaken (?) °
Sir Northis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 07:34:50 am »

Quote from: 9!x!3Du5t
I got the IDENTICAL item posted at MTS2 by sims2germany 18th Apr 2006 at 05:07 PM.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=150030

That's exactaly what I did. But, before I uploaded this file, I searched ModTheSims2.com, Simslice.com, and InSimenator,net to see if anyone already made this object. Nothing came up. Well, I didn't know Sims2Germany already made this. I wanted to just pull this object out from the Unknown section of SimPe and place it in my game and to share with other people. Sorry if I didn't find this.
Quote from: bryan87
i have a question, what you mean by that you desire? as in the NPC, do you mean by creating them as a playable char and skintone and then put them as playable?

Just create any NPC and/or Townie and then send them out to your neighborhood. You might need Eric's InSIMenator machine to make them playable.
Quote from: tinman_1267
I'm not to sure how to use this maker.  please help

What I was trying to do is to have my own self made townies and NPC's and to delete all the ones that the game was shipped with.  

First I created a few extra sims (families).  Then I moved one of the sim into a vaccant lot and put the "maker" on the lot.  Now this is where I started to get a little confused. I fumbled through the menus and finally killed all the townies and then (I think) I deleted all the NPC's.  I saved the game (clicking the disk) and then I went to create a townie.  I found the sims that I created and turned them into townies.  That part seemed to work fine.  But when I went to check (SimPE) what families were still in my town, all the townies and the NPC's were still listed in my game.  I went back to the lot and repeated the process of deleting the townies, all townines said there good-bye's, but again in SimPE, they were still listed as part of the game.  I never got past that part...
Then I went to create a townie, I'm not to sure what happend.  That did not seem to work the way that I expected.  It seems that I was given the options to change gender, skin tone, and age but then again, not seeing the sim that was "created" and going to SimPE and seeing no change.

I guess I'm not sure if I'm using the maker for what I thought or if I'm missing something, but basically what I'm looking for is to delete townies and NPC's that I don't care for and replace them with sims that I created.

Again Please help

I'd figured you would have this problem. I suggest, before you create a Sim, and after adding Universities, Downtowns, and Shopping areas, Go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N00(number)/Character and remove all of the files in that file (Don't delete the Character File). Then you create your townies. And for SimPE, don't worry about them showing up in SimPE. It just shows what previous Sims were living in your neighborhood. Believe me, I had this same problem and I worked it out myself.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:12:49 am by Sir Northis » Logged

bryan87

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 09:03:09 am »

Quote from: Sir Northis
before you create a Sim, and after adding Universities, Downtowns, and Shopping areas, Go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N00(number)/Character and remove all of the files in that file (Don't delete the Character File). Then you create your townies. .

Srry to ask you this but i dun want to remove MY own char but Maxis char.. so is there anyother way to delete maxis char w/o deleteing Mine

Thx you
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: