Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul Searching (Chapter 18)  (Read 58114 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2006, 03:46:04 am »

OooooO that was a great update!!! I want more!!!! :grin:
pinkpsyche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 03:32:54 am »

I LOVE your stories!

Come read my story Death to Love!
mrosner

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 08:01:48 pm »

Update!
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2006, 01:16:11 am »

That was wonderful! I love your characters and their personalities. I'll be waiting for an update. =)
dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2006, 09:01:50 am »

Dirty little beggers Cheesy
Love your story, can't wait for the next chapter

It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility!
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2006, 04:07:01 pm »

Here's an extra long chapter to make up for the fact that I haven't written in a while.   
As he watched the desire be replaced by anger, Jowil almost mourned what might have been.  Knowing that it was better for them both if she was upset didn’t make it any easier.  Sighing, he turned from her, bring his mind back to their present situation.  They needed to find a safe place to sleep for the night.  If his suspicions were correct, they would be in much greater danger once the sun set, and it wouldn’t be from the cold.  He had an idea, but it would be some kind of trick to talk Mael into agreeing with him.  “Night is coming,” he said, finally.  “We need to find a place to bunk down.”
   Mael nodded.  “Well, what about your friend?  Has the plan changed?”  She knew as well as anyone what global warming had done to the planet.  Almost as soon as the sun went down, the temperature would plummet.  Without shelter, humans ran the risk of freezing to death.  It didn’t seem to affect the off-worlders the same way.  She realized, in a moment of panic, that she had never been away from home at night.  Tears flooded her eyes as she pictured her mother’s worry.  “Is it possible I could contact my mother?  She must be worried about me, and it’s possible she could be in danger as well.”

Jowil placed his hand on her shoulder, gently answering her last question first.  “I know you want to contact her, and tomorrow we’ll purchase an untraceable communicator.  We can’t do it now, it’s too close to darkness, and someone may be monitoring her incoming calls.”  At her short sob, he squeezed her shoulder as he continued.  “I’m sorry, but it’s the best I can do.  As far as the plan, I can’t rightly involve anyone else in this.  We’ll find shelter, but somewhere else.  Tomorrow, we can go on the offensive.  We’ve got to find some answers if we ever want to stop running.”  Hopefully those answers would prove him wrong.  He had never wanted to be wrong so much in his entire life.
   As he held his hand out for her to take, Mael pretended she didn’t notice and turned away from him to face the street.  “Well, we should get going then.”  She was pleased that her tone didn’t give away her frustration.  Who was he to tell her she couldn’t call her mother.  She had called Joe with no ill effects.  Well, except for the building falling down...almost immediately afterward.  She gasped as she realized that her pursuers had probably tracked poor Joe’s phone as well.  “Um, it wouldn’t do to let them find us so easily.”  Was no one safe from these, these thugs?
   Jowil chuckled as he started walking again, Mael following after him.  As they jogged over streets and through alleyways, she noticed that the local humanity thinning out.  She was wondering if he knew where he was going when they stepped over a thick black line on the pavement.  Gasping, she grabbed his arms, positive he didn’t know what he was doing.  “Jowil, we can’t go over this line.  This is the ‘Dead Zone’ line.  We would be inviting death if we go to the other side.”

He smiled at her, somewhat bemused by her concern.  Of course she had been fed the lies that surrounded this part of the city.  He had no time to explain everything to her.  The sun was dropping quickly.  “Please, Mael, trust me.”
   She looked up into his bright blue eyes.  “Okay,” she whispered.  Somehow, she did trust him.  Passing that dark line was one of the hardest things she had ever done.  Everyone knew that the humans in this area had been consumed by a horrible wasting disease.  A disease that still lurked in the air, waiting for humans to enter, waiting to kill.  She found it difficult to breathe, knowing that every breath let the disease-ridden air into her lungs.  Finally, they came up to an old sagging wooden house.  The broken windows had been boarded up, and the door was hanging on by just one hinge.  Mael stared at the dark dilapidated building, hoping that it would stay standing during the night.  She hated the idea of the bugs and rodents that probably inhabited the place, but remembered her promise to trust Jowil.
   Pausing at the doorway, Jowil waited for her trust in him to fail.  The old house looked much worse than he remembered, but it should still be sound.  She didn’t complain, so he walked deeper into the entryway, opening another, sturdier door.  While it wasn’t as safe and secure as the last safe-house, it also wasn’t as well known.  He hoped that would play to their advantage.  Clean sheets and blankets were kept in a tall cabinet, stocked and freshened by one of the Keepers.  He grabbed a set, hoping that Mael would continue to be amiable when she learned they would be sharing a bed.
   She stopped at the doorway of the bedroom, staring at the double bed at one end of the small room.  She opened her mouth, only to shut it again before saying anything.  For one thing, it would do no good to make a fuss, Jowil would do what he wanted.  Secondly, she trusted Jowil not to make a move on her.  After all, he obviously didn’t feel that way about her.  Lastly, she didn’t want to sleep by herself.  Really, she was afraid that she would develop the disease and die in her sleep...alone.  Dropping their pack by the door, the two of them quietly made the bed.  Then they stood, looking at the bed, neither one of them wanting to make the first move toward it.

“Would you like to take a shower before going to sleep?”  Jowil turned toward Mael, smiling.
   “Oh, yes!”  Mael almost moaned with pleasure at the though of getting clean.  Her skin was sticky with sweat, and her hair was limp.  She was also afraid that she smelled terrible.  “Could I?”
   “I wouldn’t have asked you if you couldn’t.  I wouldn’t be that mean.”  He led her down the hall to a small bathroom.  On one wall hung an old fashioned water shower.  “Do you know how to use one of these?”
   Glaring at him, pink flooded her cheeks as she retorted, “I’m sure I can figure it out.  I’m not an idiot you know.”  Did he think that she was totally inept?  “Please leave.”
   He realized that he had offended her once again.  This time, it had been unintentional.  Stifling a groan, he walked out leaving her alone.
   As soon as he had left her, she allowed her enviro-suit to go invisible.  She stood, naked, in that bathroom, staring at her communicator.  She should call her mother, or Joe.  But no, think of what had happened the last time she had called.  They had tracked her down.  No, this time, she would put her full faith in Jowil.  Tomorrow, she would call her mother.  It would have to be soon enough.  After unbuckling the strap for her enviro-suit, she stepped under the showerhead.  There had to be a button to start the stupid thing, didn’t there?  She found an odd looking knob.  Ah, maybe this would turn it on.  Reaching out, she turned it.

Jowil leaned back against the wall, waiting for the inevitable.  Sure enough, a loud screech echoed through the hall, and he chuckled to himself.
   After the water warmed up, Mael actually enjoyed the rest of her shower.  The heat of the water warmed her up much more than the sonic shower ever had.  After she was done, she dried herself with a rough terrycloth towel.  The slight scratchiness felt lovely against her skin.  Then, she buckled her enviro-suit back to her upper thigh.  Mentally programming some sleep clothes, she realized that her long day had finally caught up with her.  She was exhausted!  Rubbing her eyes, she exited the bathroom.

When Mael walked through the door, the first thing that Jowil noticed were the dark circles under her eyes.  The next thing were the tiny tight shorts she wore under her oversized shirt that hugged her butt.  All at once, he hardened painfully.  Mentally groaning, he led her back down the hall.  Here he was, throughly aroused, preparing to sleep beside the object of his desire, who trusted him.  Worse yet was knowing that ‘Joe’ was out there waiting for her.

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2006, 05:51:09 pm »

Good update!  You can cut the tention with a knife! Smiley
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2006, 07:06:53 pm »

Oooh! Awesome! I've been waiting for an update for so long.. it's great to finally get some word on these two. ^^ Keep going Mandie!
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 06:10:33 am »

OoooO write more soon! please please please!!!
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 06:32:11 am »

after searching for your other stories people mentioned i now know where i regonize the style from lol.it seemed famialr but i didn't know why till i read 2 of the others.

you have a unique style that makes it memorable.all your stories are wonderful and well done,from the pics to the props. stories that bring the sims alive is what makes me love to read these.

so much talent has been displayed in this community i can't ever again say this is the best because i keep finding so many good ones i can't choose which is the best.

you are added to my list of favorite writers:) man that list is beggining to grow lol

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2006, 08:55:45 am »

Oh oh oh....More please ahhH!!  Great story!

I'm a simple but, complex kind of gal:blob5:
 Lunabear, mama and daddy love you so much!! Rest In Peace Love
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2006, 12:07:02 am »

She could feel his eyes on her, but every time she looked in his direction, he was looking away.  Perhaps he did like her more than he claimed?  On one hand, she wished that she wasn’t in so much danger, so that they could explore these odd feelings.  On the other hand, if she wasn’t in danger, they would have gone their separate ways and never though of each other again.  No, that wasn’t true.  Mael refused to lie to herself, at least.  From the first minute she had laid eyes on him, she had felt something extraordinary.  She would have remembered him, even without this time together.  Now, though, she had to decide how to handle this opportunity that fate had handed her.  Would she let it pass her by, remaining safe, comfortable, and well, boring?  Or would she grab on with both hands, letting, whatever, happen?  A quandary she just couldn’t answer.  Not now, she was just too tired.

Exhaustion overwhelmed her.  She climbed onto the bed, the cool sheets caressing her skin.  It had been so long since she had slept in a bed, and she had forgotten how comfortable it could be.  Curling up on her side, she pulled the blanket up around her shoulders.  Jowil smiled as he tucked her in.
   “I’m going to go take a shower.  You’ll be safe here.  If you need me, though, just call.”  Mael grunted in response, and Jowil smiled again.  There was something about her.  Something strangely familiar.  He had to physically restrain himself from brushing his lips against hers.  Turning away, he decided that his shower would be cold.

Two pairs of eyes shone through the inky blackness.  Squatting on the deserted street, on of the hulking forms leaned over to smell the cooling pavement, while the other used his eyes to detect any heat signatures.  
   P’klan straightened, his sharp teeth gleaming in the moonlight.  “They came this way.”  His low growl echoed through the stillness of the night.  “We will find them soon, and this time they will not escape.”
   P’klar was the older of the two, and despised humbling himself to work for these humans.  P’klan kept reassuring him that it was all worth it, but he was still not sure.  “Are you sure your nose is not misleading you?  None of these houses have residents.  We have reached the ‘Dead Zone.’  No human would risk staying here.”
   The other alien laughed.  “First, my nose never misleads me.  Second, not everyone is as superstitious as most humans tend to be.  Third, this is no normal human we are chasing.  The male probably knows the truth about this place.”  The truth being that aliens had killed the humans in this area, not some mysterious disease.
   P’klar nodded.  “This is true.”  He turned his head, his eyes searching through the darkness for the distinctive red splotches that signified humans.  No luck, yet.  He was sure they would find her, then kill her.  But for what?  More human money to be stashed away at home.  Always more money, but never enough to get them off this accursed planet.  He wanted to go back to the home planet, but that didn’t seem likely.  It was time for a change.  An idea filtered into his brain.  Looking up at the moon, he let out a loud howl.
   P’klan looked up at his brother, a confused look on his face.  “What is it, my brother?”  As the other alien looked back down, P’klan noticed the gleam in his eyes.  Something crucial had occurred.  He smiled and repeated his question.  “What has happened?”

P’klar grinned.  “What if we capture her, rather than kill her?  At least not right away.  Mistress will pay extra money to see her dead.”  P’klan grinned back.  Yes they could capture their quarry, then kill her.  He cracked his knuckles.  He was going to enjoy this.

After his shower, Jowil programed his pj bottoms to appear before walking down the hall.  As he entered the bedroom, he heard Mael snoring softly.  He chuckled as he crawled into bed next to her.  Closing his eyes, he burrowed under the covers.  A warm hand slid over his taut stomach.  His eyes flew open and he watched Mael slide closer to him, her arms and legs embracing his.
   He held his breath, wondering where she would touch him next.  Moaning, she snuggled closer, her head nestled in the crook of his shoulder.  Her hands brushed across his nipples, and his semi-hard erection painfully hardened even more.  He longed to bury himself in her heat, but somehow managed to lay still.  Turning his head, he kissed her forehead, then he closed his eyes.  Sleep came, but not quickly.

Warmth surrounded Mael as she regained consciousness.  Her eyes fluttered open.  Soft sunlight filtered into the room through a small window high on the wall.  Mael blinked as she slowly realized she was wrapped around Jowil’s warm body.  Surprisingly, she didn’t want to pull away.  Running her hands across his chest, she rubbed the crisp hair sprinkling his skin.  To her delight, she found one of his nipples, and she playfully flicked at it.  Her bed partner groaned, and Mael froze.  His breathing remained slow and deep, so her fingers resumed exploring his bare chest.
   He had been awake for nearly as long as she had, but he was able to control his breathing so she wouldn’t know.  Truthfully, he was enjoying the feeling of her fingers dancing across his skin.  His hands clenched into fists as he tried not to touch her back.  As her palm caressed his nipple once more, he lost the fight.  With an animalistic growl, he rolled over and pinned her beneath his body.  “Good morning, Mael.”

Sorry for the long time between updates.  My muse is being stubborn.  I have two more chapter prepared, though.  I would love your insight.  Should Joe die, or just be punished in the end?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 12:09:46 am by Mandie » Logged

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2006, 05:18:45 am »

I say kill that trader Joe

Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2006, 12:27:55 pm »

Oh, good update, Mandie! I say, give Joe to the aliens!
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2006, 01:52:45 pm »

hah hah i love this. Kill joe! mwuhahahahah.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: