Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:46:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paulo...Summer Fling  (Read 4256 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rogue777

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:22:48 pm »

This is my first Sim hunk upload*. Please be kind, but constructive criticism is always welcome.

Paulo loves women--all women. He loves a romantic candlelight dinner for two, followed by a stroll in the magic wind of a warm summer's night.  When he gazes at you with those beautiful green eyes, your heart will surely melt.

*Actually, it's my very first Sim upload of any kind.

Custom Content (with thanks to the creators):
Eyebrows by 3dconsortium
Skintone and eyes by oepu
Facial hair by pookah
Eye bags by Mermaid Cove

* Paulo.rar (2183.6 KB - downloaded 184 times.)

* Paulo-1.jpg (13.44 KB, 241x401 - viewed 739 times.)

* Paulo-2.jpg (13.37 KB, 245x381 - viewed 723 times.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 08:19:51 am by Rogue777 » Logged
Lytough

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:28:41 pm »

He  looks absolutely awesome, baby!!! Keep 'em coming!!!! Now if he only had a sister....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Ozzucay ~ Rest In Peace ~ You will always be in our thoughts
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 09:09:33 am »

Hrm.  He is a complicated man.  You have done an excellent job of making a middle aged man - the detailing is good.  He isn't unattractive, but care-worn and perhaps having led a life that was not precisely "good".

Much like Lytough's Antonio and Clint, it is not the sort of face you get used to seeing in the Sims community; which is a great thing.  There is too much emphasis on the smooth and perfect.  It is like I was just saying yesterday - the gross preponderance of hair for women is impractical and too frilly for 99% of the women I know.  Yes Sims get married, but hopefully not 100 times.  Too much haut couture and too much Hollywood.

It makes your Paulo stand out in high contrast.  Don't misunderstand me, I think you have done excellent work and I believe you will yet do more excellent work; but it is hard to find praise for the mundane and normal face; it is a good face, there is nothing wrong with it, indeed there is much right with it.  The problem with realism is that it evokes a real reaction from us.

Paulo looks like the 50-something guy in every bar that drinks too much, and suffers from the notion he still looks 19 and is drop dead sexy.  He is a player, and good at it, but there is a façade to him.  Beneath that ill-fitting exterior is an insecure man afraid of getting old and more afraid of growing old alone.

You did an excellent - even superior job of capturing all of that.  The sadness and the success of your work here is that he looks 50-something, looks like he drinks too much, and looks like he is fighting the clock and losing.

It's hard to write a critique for this sort of Sim.  The compliments inevitably sound like I am trashing it, and that is absolutely not my intention.  Paulo is a geat accomplishment, just not the sort of fellow I want chatting up my sister :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 09:22:39 am »

Thank you, Yakov. I don't know what to say. You have paid me a huge compliment.  I'm speechless, for once in my life. Wink

Lytough: That was a really good idea you gave me about his sister. And here she is!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:56:00 am by Rogue777 » Logged
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:02:28 pm »

Fantastic!!
platinum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »

Rogue777

The feelings and those truly moving thought of-

Paulo` By: Yakov.~`*

Tells of how great your work is. All I can add is-
I thank you so much for making him.

§ You can always tell the quality of a person's character by how they treat the people they don't need. §
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 09:58:08 pm »

Thank you, Platinum, that's so nice. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: