Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:31:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bodyshape during pregnancy?  (Read 7303 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lyzziesmom
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:59:34 pm »

Are sims with the new bodyshape supposed to keep their new shape during pregnancy? I seem to remember something about the old bodyshape project being pregnancy-compatible, but I don't think I ever tried it. Now I have the new hi-res stuff, but when my sims are pregnant, they revert to the default pregnancy size & shape, which is oddly disturbing.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:04:50 am »

Honestly I haven't tested that aspect at all, however all of the outfits I have created, including the nudes and skintones, have the pregnancy morphs if the original version had them... however I don't know what would be required to make it use them.  I believe the Swimsuit and Underwear outfits would have the morphs, but I think Everyday outfits use a special outfit mesh, which I have not worked with at all.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 12:18:13 am by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
raveshade0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:56:48 am »

now this might be cause im using different tops and bottom combos.. but iv got this wierd thing where the tops will show the top of the belly morph, but then the bottom is normal.. i think cause im using skins based off the top nude mesh, then the bottoms are non pregnancy morph bottoms.  Some combos i think seem fine, others are not.  i do have squinges mod installed which i think allows whatever iv got set already as "everyday" to stay the same w/o the game forcing a change to a compatable mesh, that may or may not be warlokk enhanced, not sure.   someone would need to explain the ruleset that squinge's mod uses to overide the games standard actions.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 01:15:02 am »

I can tell you that not even all "regular" meshes show the pregnancy with squinge's wonderful mod....  I have had the top show and bottom not show with some of my downloaded stuff that is just for the normal bodyshape... I think it has to do with the pregnancy being enabled on the meshes and outfits

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 08:18:35 am »

Yes, that would make sense... most of the standard Everyday clothing does not have the Pregnancy morphs built into them, which is why the game would force a switch to the maternity clothes.  I know the Nude mesh clothes do, and the swim, undies, PJs, and a few others do though.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 07:13:38 pm »

Slight issue with some of your meshes when it comes to pregnancy, rather the lack of a morph in either of the two visible stages.

I have no response with any of the separate bottoms, regardless of size or type, also full body heels shows no change.

May I suggest a quick go-over of the meshes in question and check if a flag or a mesh overlay (or is that poser positioning?) is missing?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 08:52:29 pm »

All the meshes have the Preg morphs included, if the base game version had them.  Getting them to work is far beyond my abilities if the base was not set up for it.  I don't think any of the separates are tagged as Maternity clothing without a hack, and I'm fairly sure the Heels mesh is not a maternity outfit either.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 09:46:13 pm »

But yet the top separates (at least, the ones from the adult section) DID account for pregnancy, and I also noticed that the swimsuit mesh doesn't work either.

EDIT: I also remember back in the previous releases that the bottom separates ALSO showed pregnancy properly.

EDIT 2: I decided to get a couple pics ingame from the clothing planner as a basis to what I'm describing.  The first one is 34DD enhanced T-shirt on 38 Hips Cowboy jeans.  The top allows for the pregnancy to show, but not the pants (and proved me somewhat wrong, as I first thought only the nude mesh did that, but it's the only shirt-based one).

The second picture is 34DD Enhanced haltertop on 38 Hips Nude (note: both pics are side profile, so nothing shows [I hope], as to showcase my problem).  Now the bottom shows pregnancy, but not the top.

This leads me to ask:  did the designing of the clothes remove the morphing for pregnancy?
Photo 1
photo 2
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:29:46 pm by Truthslayer » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 12:43:45 am »

Ah I think I see what the problem is... it's a matter of some clothing types having the pregnant morphs in them, and others not... the nudes do, of course, since they're what the skintones reference when they're naked, I just made clothing items out of them.  It looks like the Tshirt does too, but I know most of the jeans do not.  All of the clothing meshes are basic clones of Maxis outfits, except I apply Poser magnets to them to achieve the shape.  I can't really add pregnant morphs to outfits that didn't have them already.  If you put the similar Maxis default size outfits on the sim when she's pregnant, I believe you'd see the same effect... it's one of the drawbacks to using that hack that allows all clothing when pregnant, some things just aren't set up with the morphs.

I decided to move this to the other post I had with questions regarding this same issue.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:46:55 am by Warlokk » Logged

Lgnd178

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:58:06 am »

I like photo 2 its kinda strange but hilarious
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: