Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:04:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What mesh was that?  (Read 3160 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2006, 11:32:16 am »

Absolutely outstanding work, Warlokk!

Now for the question: Once I've created a recolor of a bit of clothing, how do I find out what mesh it uses?

This wasn't a problem as long as I was fooling around in my own game, but then I thought I might post some stuff and want to tell folks what mesh to use.  I think I embedded the correct identification in the filename but I want to be sure, y'know.

Thanks!

Greg

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:57:45 pm »

Well, all of my outfits use the same naming conventions, based on what Maxis used for theirs... so for example, you'll have a MESH_afTop_34DD_Halter and a Warlokk_afTop_34DD_Halter for the mesh and outfit, respectively, so it should be easy to find.  I recommend using the same in your outfit files, like "Moonsims_afTop_34DD_HalterRedSexyAwesome" or whatever you like Wink

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:09:48 pm »

Heh.  Mine is ususually WBVP[chest/hip size][color/type of outfit]
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 08:13:37 pm »

As long as the sizes are in the filename someplace, and some reference to the outfit type, that's really all that's needed... I'm a bit hyper-organized when it comes to filenames, and I get a lot of questions, so I try to head them off by making the filenames as clear as possible.  As long as you say in the description and link to the proper mesh, though, that will do the trick Smiley

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:08:15 am »

Thanks, Warlokk.  

I try to embed the size data in the filename, but Body Shop limits the number of characters you can use when you export a file so I sometimes confuse myself.  I always rename the files before I put them on line.

In this case, I think I got the right mesh noted, but I'm not 100% sure.  So I was wondering if there's a way to look at the .package file in SimPE and find out for sure which mesh I used.

I'm as compulsive about filenames are you are.  Once I get past Body Shop, they all have names like "psaftop_dancer_pink_36dd_01".  The "ps" part is for "Pearl Sims" because I usually blame these things on my evil alter ego, The Pearl.  (Then I just post 'em at the Hullabaloo, just to confuse the revenooers.)

This is the first time I've tried making stuff based on your meshes.  It invokes a whole set of requirements for tracking sizes and writing readmes with all the links and credits and data, so I have to work on developing some new habits.  It's all part of the fun! :lol:

(I do have a mesh request coming up soon, but first I want to see if I can find a photo of what I'm thinking.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: