Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:24:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 1.  (Read 11589 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 08:19:14 am »

I bought a new PC last yr specifically for the Sims2 and photshop etc, and I loaded on Sims1 and the few EP's that I had (the only ones I DIDN'T have were makin' magic & Superstar, by the time I had discovered the Sims, The Sims2 was nearing release!). I could not do it! I went into make a family and went through the endless outfits (and duplicates!-io was bad for that) & heads. Then I made a house, and just could not get used to the camera again, I am so used to 360degree viewing etc for Sims2. Anyhoo, it just didn't do it for me! I have copied my DL's to disc as I just can't bear to let them go forever.............I'm just too sentimental! I think The Sims2 is a huge. massive improvement on the Sims1, its hard to believe they're the "same" game!

lisa-bee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 09:09:06 am »

I miss all the objects I had for sims1, I don't play anymore because the quality is so much better on Sims2. But I was looking through some of old misc burned cds and I saw some of the stuff I had for sims1. It was like yeah I miss that object. Sad Just not enough to actually go back to playing Sims1.
I also found some stuff from sites that are now pay and at that point were free.

Oh well I guess now with Sims2 there are a lot of amazing creators and I realize that especially when I try to play a totally clean game. Smiley

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 12:05:19 pm »

Omg, TS1 memories.... How I do want to just install it again. It seem just like yesterday when I had asked my mother to get it for me. Me being a person who got the game because of how interesting the concept seemed and at the time the cheesy graphics was considered a head of it's time. Alot of ppl can say why on earth would they wanna still play TS1? It's still interesting to the fact the I hunt down the original furniture from the game. So many sleepless nights and computer crashes, but you know it was worth it. I still havent thrown out the the original ep's and I wont. Their world just captivated me to enjoy the evolution of Maxis and the credibility to ppl who love PC gaming. :drool:

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
~aByssa~

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 12:15:54 pm »

I can't play it after I installed Sims 2. I wanted to to play with pets, but it wouldn't let me. *sigh* I guess I have to wait for Sims 2 Pets.

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•..~*~aByssa~*~
berryful
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 11:19:10 pm »

If I could I would, but I can't still play the sims 1 because the sims 1 and the sims 2 can't be loaded at the same time on my computer
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 03:14:31 am »

Try to install just a base game. Works for me Smiley

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jimmi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 10:40:43 pm »

I haven't played it since I got the Sims 2.  It seems almost worthless now.

MAC Queen and Glam Punk
JulieLi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 10:06:58 pm »

I haven't played it since I got the sims 2. I actually let my friend with a slower computer borrow it and the EPs I had for it. It barley run on her computer though.

I must admit I found it easier to make things for the sims 1. I just haven't gotten into making things for the sims 2.  I really enjoyted making celebrity sims on sims 1
JayAngel
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 04:56:06 am »

I don't play Sims 1 any more though my Sims 1 site is still up and being downloaded from frequently - so obviously someone is still playing Cheesy  The worrying thing is when I get requests to make things for Sims 1 - I don't remember how :dontknow:

VISIT ME HERE AT INSIMENATOR: JAY'S HOME FOR FALLEN ANGELS
OR HERE AT MY SITE: AFTER MIDNIGHT SIMS 2
Whether angels or devils pursue me
In the dark I cannot tell...

JulieLi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 11:56:59 am »

you know what i miss from the sims 1.. the sloth set from seven deadly sims  and all the stuff from sims on a stick.
and far less pay sites. Pay sites make broke little me sad
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 02:35:40 am »

I got Sims 1 the first day it was available to buy in SA, i remember i was SOOOO excited, i read about it in a magazine, and i knew id love it, I was still a virgin at computer games then, so i bought it, my first game (and i still dont own any others outside the sims range)and i got all the eps too and liked all of them,
then sims 2 happened, and i forgot about 1...and then a few months ago i reinstalled them, and played for a day or 2, got bored and uninstalled it again.
then this past week a magazine i bought had this free copy of sims 1 with it, not the full game tho' (no sound, minimal furniture items, minimal skins)...and i installed it out of curiosity...and got all nostalgic and reinstalled sims 1 again....so im all excited about it again, im playing them both now, when im in the mood for a quick fix (hour or so) i play 1 and for longer periods (5 hrs or so on the weekend) i play 2
beowulf437

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 06:27:36 pm »

Today I finally deleted my Sims1 folder from my computer.  I hadn't even played it on this computer but I have the habit of copying my entire drive contents when I buy a new computer.

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 06:35:07 pm »

I still love sims1 nd I'm playing it from time to time.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
LadyMorana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 11:02:19 am »

I stopped playing Sims 1 just in April, when I finally broke down and tried Sims 2.  I haven't looked back since, and actually just uninstalled it all yesterday.

There are a few things I really miss about it, though.  I miss the Make A Date feature, and the ability to change, delete, replace, reclothe, etc. etc. all the characters and townies (thanks Paladin!!).  I loved that when I went downtown, every single Sim was one that I had created and had a story and a purpose.

I guess I can do that in Sims 2, but it just seems to require a heck of a lot more work, programs, hacks, etc.

Someone take me back to the angel realm today...
Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 11:45:12 am »

I don't play it anymore, but I gave it to my son (he's 9), and he simply love it.

Love and Light

Jannie.........

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: