Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:49:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 1.  (Read 11583 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~Angel~

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2006, 08:24:03 am »

Okay, I had no idea where to put this. Probably would have been better in the Sims 2 discussion, but its not about Sims 2.

Do any of you still play on Sims 1? I dont personally, but I have seen many sites which still offer downloads for Sims 1, so I was curious to see if any one on here does.

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:35:39 am »

i never played The Sims 1 cause i always thought The Sims was a lame game :brain: i know better now though Cheesy

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:47:28 am »

I don`t play now, but when my computer was broken and I couldn`t play TS2 I played 1 at my sister`s laptop LOL

But you`re right  Sir.Cheatalot - 1 is lame comparing with 2 LOL

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:07:17 am »

It was good when Sims 2 wasnt out.
I look at the downloads for both now though and the quality for Sims 2 is sooooooo much better than Sims 1 stuff. But some people must still play it for people to still make stuff for it.

Born 21/10/08~
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:18:23 am »

Well it was. I admit I was playing 1 till I bought 2 about two years ago Smiley

What annoys me sometimes is when I look for TS2 stuff and I open a site and it`s for 1 Smiley

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bryan87

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 11:27:19 am »

i play sims 1 one it loads less for my pc and is faster..... i have blind date Only
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 11:36:19 am »

First of all I moved this here because it does have to do with the base game, and without Sims 1, we might not have seen a Sims 2. Either way, get on with the sharing.

I still do occasionally play the Sims 1 and I will tell you why. It isn't because I get a whole lot of enjoyment out of it, it's because I've had more computer issues then I can count and I've had to downgrade systems until I can afford to get "just the right system".

I don't really have anything against the original game, I guess that with the graphics of the Sims 2 and the more lifelike qualities of it, it makes it more enjoyable for me to fiddle with then the original game.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 11:40:28 am »

I haven't had TS1 since hurricane Frances ate my roof.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 11:46:28 am »

I haven't played sims1 since sims 2 came out. It seems so limited and it just reminds me how much better sims 2 is!

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 12:23:11 pm »

Quote from: dinki
What annoys me sometimes is when I look for TS2 stuff and I open a site and it`s for 1 Smiley

Yeah thats happened to me to, thought to myself how much it looked like Sims 1 stuff, then realised it was. Some of the stuff I have seen for Sims 1 isnt that bad actually. I remember all the bad stuff I downloaded for that lol, any clothes just so I didnt have to have the main Maxis stuff. I had tons of clothes on that.

Born 21/10/08~
sableskye

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 03:40:09 pm »

i have the sims 1(+all eps) installed on my laptop, as well as sims 2(uni +nl).  it is still there because i like some of the objects and animations. i dont play it much anymore though, and was thinking about transferring my fav objects and houses to my hubby's desktop.  i have a friend who just started with sims 1, i guess thats why i still have it on my laptop. she needs help alot, and it is easier for me to access it on my laptop.  (since my hubby was injured at work, he is ALWAYS on his. lol) so i guess my answer to your question, is that yes, i still play, but not much since i bought sims 2 in march 2006.
selenarocks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 09:50:41 am »

I actually don't know what happen to my sims 1 cd's. I only had the original, unleashed, superstar and hot date and at the time I loved it! ...I wanted to play the originals again as it was good at the time but I think I threw them out by accident when i cleaned up my room. lol
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 05:40:38 am »

I had every single expansion for Sims1. When I got Sims2 though, I gave them all to my brothers girlfriend so she could put them on their computer. I havent seen them since, oh well lol.

Born 21/10/08~
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 11:36:25 am »

I wanted to play Sims 1 really badly not long ago.  I tried putting it on the computer again, and it wouldn't work.  The wrong opening music would play and it would play the video of the different houses and people, but then go straight back to the desktop.  Needless to say I was upset.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Sims Mod Lover
Smelling Squinge's Finger

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 04:09:17 pm »

I still have it installed "just in case" but I hae not played it since I bought Sims 2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

I guess having the more realistic 3D world helps to put you "there" easier.

Make love, not war..... and then make love again.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: