Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:22:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polo with Smooth Midriff  (Read 9087 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:26:07 pm »

Rats!  I can't find a decent (or even indecent) photo of the outfit I had in mind so I'll have to describe it.

What I'm thinking of is the polo shirt in size 34D with a smooth midriff.  

The standard polo shirt blouses a little at the waist, so that when I use the alpha to trim off the midriff the model looks like she's needs to work off a few chocolate eclairs.

This whole idea was inspired by the outfits that Elizabeth Berkley wore in the movie Showgirls.  In a couple scenes she's wearing a shirt with a collar that leaves her midriff exposed, y'see.  (That's the one I can't find an image of.)

For your amusement, here's my first shot at representing the togs she wore when she auditioned for the big show.  This one uses the T-shirt mesh.

Showgirl
Using Warlokk's meshes: 34C T-shirt top, 36 hip.

The top that Elizabeth Berkley was really wearing at the start of the audition scene didn't last long, but it's what inspired the one I made for that sim:

Wretched picture of Elizabeth Berkley

What really inspired the whole project was the Danskins she wore in the audition scene:

Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls

When I first saw Warlokk's meshes I thought, "Wow!  Hips!  Maybe I can finally do a sim of Elizabeth Berkley!"

Addendum: *8/13/2006) In response to VanDerTerre's request, I put the sundry versions of that outfit on line.  You can get 'em from this topic at the SimsHost Hullabaloo:
http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7197

Read the notes in that topic to make sure you have the right meshes.  Also note that the "bottom-with-top" can be a fun and amusing adventure.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:32:44 pm by Chairman Greg » Logged

cableguy7uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 05:05:39 pm »

Nicely done.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:13:43 pm »

Hmm, so pretty much it'd have to be an Alpha outfit with a collar of some sort, so it can be cut off?  I'd have to take a look at what Maxis has in-game already, and see if something can be converted to an alpha... wouldn't see why not.  No idea when I could get to it though, I am so buried with the rest of the sizes plus moving across the country, so it could be a while.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Melanie
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:20:40 pm »

Very nice!
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:30:26 am »

Quote from: Warlokk
Hmm, so pretty much it'd have to be an Alpha outfit with a collar of some sort, so it can be cut off?  I'd have to take a look at what Maxis has in-game already, and see if something can be converted to an alpha... wouldn't see why not.  No idea when I could get to it though, I am so buried with the rest of the sizes plus moving across the country, so it could be a while.

An alpha outfit would be even better!  That really opens the range of possibilities for skinners.

I was thinking of just grafting the upper part of the polo shirt onto the lower part of the upper nude torso (so that it gets the collar and sleeves from the polo).  I have no idea how involved such a project would be.

Omigoodness--I can sympathize with the travails of moving across the country, having done it many times myself while following the trade winds of the spacecraft industry.

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:04:52 pm »

Can you really move "across the country" when you're starting in the middle?....My sympathies, Warlokk - I hope it all goes well.

MoonSims, that shirt is gorgeous!  Would you consider uploading it?
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 08:27:34 pm »

Quote from: VerDeTerre
Can you really move "across the country" when you're starting in the middle?....My sympathies, Warlokk - I hope it all goes well.

MoonSims, that shirt is gorgeous!  Would you consider uploading it?

Sure!  Figuring out which mesh went with what and writing all the associated notes was an evening's adventure but I finally got it on line and linked from a note in the Hullabaloo:
http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7197

And now Warlokk has officially invaded SimsHost, or at least the Hullabaloo and The Pearl! :lol:

I'd say yes, you can move "across the country" if you're starting in the middle.  Heck, I moved from Dallas to Houston and it felt like the move from Las Vegas to upstate New York! Smiley

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 06:31:36 pm »

Moon Sims, you're an angel.  Thanks so much Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: