Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:39:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: custom content glowing red  (Read 2637 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
auntiejokisses

may angels watch over you

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2006, 07:37:13 pm »

i have family fun and my custom content is glowing red like my houses and when i'm creating a family the back ground glows red. i don't want to unstall it i just want to remove the red. is there something that will stop the red glowing?

together we rock. reach for the star. Sorry, Jo, pic too big and twinkly, please find something smaller. The Management
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:35:40 pm »

you should try doing the following things:

Reinstall CEP with the latest released version

if this doesn't fix it; you may have to update your video card driver

If your video card is nVIDIA: www.nvidia.com
If your video card is ATI: www.ati.com
If your video card is Matrox: www.matrox.com
If your video chipset is SiS: download.sis.com
If your video chipset is S3: www.s3graphics.com
If your video chipset is Intel: support.intel.com

if this doesn't fix it; you may have to brave the dangers of the latest VERY buggy patch from Maxis

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
auntiejokisses

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:55:01 am »

thank you i'm going to try to reinstall the cep... and see what that does. the others that you have suggusted that problem has already been taking care of my brother-inlaw has to get stuff to fix his computer and he's going to get stuff to fix mine.... so thank you again... i'll let you know if the reinstall of cep has fixed the glowing red..

together we rock. reach for the star. Sorry, Jo, pic too big and twinkly, please find something smaller. The Management
auntiejokisses

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 02:00:30 pm »

reinstalling the cep didn't work.. now i need to get in touch with the hp help center.... ask help from them

lalabubus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:08:34 am »

I have installed new version of CEP with new "radiance light" option two days ago and get surprised - everything came RED during the change of day-night. After that I tried to figure out what happened and read all comments, FAQ and help connected to CEP package at ModTheSims Forum. It says it is recommended to reinstall CEP and try with custom instalation - "CEP only" (without radiance mod) so it looks like it's the only version that works with me. I don't know why. OK, I am happy to be able to play normally again (without red lightning)  although I have no answer (yet) why it's happening. I would preciate if someone help me with this problemm. The other suggestion on MTS forum was to do the manual instalation that might help with solving problemm of appearing red lightning...I don't know...I am little bit sorry for not being able to use fantastic radiance light in my game but - for now - what I can do?
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 05:58:13 am »

lalabubus - the radiance light mod doest that. It`s not a problem, it`s a regular feature. This mod makes 4 times of day: night, sunrise, day and sunset. That`s why the light is red - it`s the rising and setting sun.

I`m sure it`s written somewhere on the CEP thread.

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lalabubus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 04:35:37 pm »

Hey Dinki, hm, it might be OK if it appears normally as you said, but, unfortunatelly even the creator of Radiance Light System himself (called GunMod at MTS forum) said he has not clue about it - I mean the reason why it appears. So that means red light in dawn, for instance is not common to everyone as result of CEP+radiance installation. I don't know for you, but for me it is too red. You know everything become completely redish in dawn - it seems to me though as kind of mistake. Some other people comment it as similar as below:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101456&c=1

What do you think?

If there is no this bloody red I would be so happy with such marvelous, realistic lightning effect GunMod created.
auntiejokisses

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 10:29:51 pm »

since i installed seasons not only do get the build mode flashing red my neighborhood is flashing red and purple. i don't want to unstall my games. and i can't aford 400$ for graphics card for that price i just might as well buy a new computer

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: