Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:44:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UV Map Anomaly in 36DNat-36 Mesh  (Read 6258 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2006, 12:15:36 pm »

I noticed an anomaly in the UV map for the 36DNat-36 mesh.

36DNat-36 Swimsuit, the Nipply Edition

See that odd spot on the right side of her neck?  From playing around with a swimsuit a bit, I think I've discovered that the pixels in that area are coming from a block that extends from the neck down to the bra line.

Let's see... in Photoshop, that's a rectangle with the upper-left corner at about x,y = (256, 32), roughly 32 wide by 175 pixels tall.

I haven't fiddled with other body shapes to see if it's consistent.  If I knew how to fix it, I would; but I don't, so I can't. Smiley

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:20:37 pm »

Addendum: Taking a second look at the color pattern in the odd spot and the body grid I'm using, I'd say the pixels are actually coming from an area that goes all the way down to her waist.

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:30:35 pm »

I don't alter the UV maps at all when I'm creating the meshes... so I wouldn't have the foggiest clue what would cause it or how to fix it.  The UV's are coming straight across from the Maxis meshes, as far as I know, unless there's a botched weld in there somewhere.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 06:17:55 am »

Warlokk - if you send me the .simpe file - i will look at the mapping.  The meshes that have passed through the SMD process won't open in milkshape to correct a mapping issue.

Also - we all need to remember that SimPE is in permanent alpha, the unimesh plug_ins are beta-ish, milkshape may have an undocumented bug, and meshes are prone to corruption from buggy update patches.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:34:16 am »

I'll just post it here, I appreciate you taking a look at it... it may be something I messed up when I was fixing the neck seam, but I'm not sure.

* afBody_34Dn-36_NakedHi.rar (120.81 KB - downloaded 107 times.)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:08:24 pm »

All fixed - one vertice had become shifted dow to the waist - could have happened at any of several points

I corrected the mapping and include in the RAR a UVmap for before and after - you should be able to issue a correction of the mesh with minimal effort now Warlokk =)

* fixedUVmap_afBody_34Dn-36_NakedHi.rar (217.12 KB - downloaded 87 times.)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 11:55:13 pm »

Now how the hell would that have happened?:dontknow: :brain:

I'll have to go through and check the rest of the D's, since I used the same top when I built all the full-bodies, odds are that top is where the actual problem is and they're probably all hosed.  It's a small area that's usually hidden by hair so I never would have caught it... I have no idea when I'll have time to do that though.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 12:32:03 am »

If you email me the .simpe files (PMing you with my email address after this post) I will look at all of them and correct as necessary; it will be something to do until Marvine gets back from holiday =)

Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 12:00:52 pm »

:not worthy:  :not worthy: :Not worthy:

bless ye, for thou art greatly loved for finding and fixing this!
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 03:48:00 pm »

I've been reading the thread...wondering, "what the hell are they talking about and what does it mean to me?" until I just saw THIS while working on the 36Dnat top. Either the woman will have long hair or I"ll just pretend she's a Stepford wife....

* Untitled.jpg (12.84 KB, 420x275 - viewed 202 times.)

Yes...its the same Mule as before
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 08:08:53 pm »

Yep, was a problem with the 34DNat Top mesh, which of course was then used to build all the full-body meshes.  Beos has generously fixed the UV mapping on them, I'll try to repackage the meshes and get them posted tonight, if not by the weekend at the latest.

Thanks Beos, you ROCK!:headbang:Cheesy

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 11:12:37 am »

All-- The fixed files have been uploaded to the Nude Collection post.  Thanks to Moonsims for catching it, and huge THANKS to Beos for taking the time to fix the problem for me Cheesy

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 05:12:33 am »

Wow!  To pilfer a phrase from Thou Knowest Whom: You guys are more awesome than me!

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 10:19:35 am »

Just to close the loop on this adventure: It worked!

34dnat-36 After the Fix

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 02:29:05 pm »

I was only too glad to help!  i will be detailing how i fixed the mesh's UVmap in a tutorial if I ever get the time :lol:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: