Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 03:05:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Warlokk skintone packages...  (Read 2209 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nina

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2006, 11:57:51 pm »

This isn't really a request, except for guidance... I'd be grateful for any comments.
I noticed recently that most of Warlokk's body shape skintones use just one texture file for both adults and teens in all weights. This made the job of editing some skin packages to give certain Sims a more 'unique' look a breeze.
Now, my question is this: if I wanted to re-use one of these skintones as the basis for a different 'look' (perhaps different body hair or other physical peculiarities for a new Sim) without wishing to go through the usual process of exporting the package in Body Shop, etc., instead saving the package with a new name in simPE ('Save As'), would the resulting new package file conflict with the original in any way?
I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Nina:group hu:

Playing TS2 + Uni. to Pets on Intel Mac
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:22:42 am »

Yes, it would, since the internal ID would still be the same.  With meshes, we can use the Fix Integrity feature to make a mesh unique, but I haven't figured out if the same works for outfits, so I stick with the BodyShop method.  There may be a way to do it, my knowledge of SimPE is actually pretty limited to the functions I use.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
nina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:47:15 am »

Quote from: Warlokk
Yes, it would, since the internal ID would still be the same.
I thought as much... unfortunately I don't know enough about the way package files work, and I'm even less inclined to find out.
Quote from: Warlokk
There may be a way to do it, my knowledge of SimPE is actually pretty limited to the functions I use.

Mine too... I actually play TS2 on a Mac, so when I use simPE I have to transfer files to my partner's Windows laptop. Because the quality of exports from the Mac version of Body Shop is so poor, creating a skintone from scratch takes ages, as ALL the textures have to be resized and tarted up and replaced in the package, which is okay for 'special' sims, but for hood fodder it's a real drag. Anything to reduce the effort involved would be a boon.
By the way, how did you create those simple skintones using one single body texture?

Thanks for your thoughts
Nina XX

Playing TS2 + Uni. to Pets on Intel Mac
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 11:16:03 am »

Actually I didn't... my skintones are just minor modifications of the ones BeosBoxBoy released a while back for the male BodyBuilders, but I liked what he had done with the female tones too, so I just adjusted the nipples to fit.

Basically though, all that's going on is the textures for the 3 age groups are the same... the UVs for them all line up, so there's no real reason you can't replace all 3 with the same texture, you just have to make sure the names stay the same as the originals.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: