Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 01:16:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: EP ONLY: Formal: Hot Pink  (Read 12665 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mandie

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2005, 12:26:29 am »

Well, as much as we like teal, we've decided to try something new.  Why the heck does it look so good on paper, but looks like crap once it gets on the girl?  I can't figure it out.

* formal1_476.rar (150.71 KB - downloaded 1185 times.)

* bodypic1_949.png (464.28 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1766 times.)

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:18:31 am »

That is very pretyy,
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 03:13:22 am »

Quote from: farath
Why the heck does it look so good on paper, but looks like crap once it gets on the girl?  I can't figure it out.

Well, I haven't looked at this particular outfit in close detail, but in comparing your undies set, I discovered something unusual.  Take a look at a side by side comparison of the source textures.  On the left is the original inteen texture.  On the right is yours.  Both are at the same level of magnification (about 4x).  Notice how heavily dithered your source texture is compared to the original.  Also note that your pixel size seems almost six, maybe EIGHT times as large as the original.  Can you see how blocky the neck line is compared to the original.  It's almost as if you started with a 128x128 source texture and then magnified it.  In fact your image looks like it may have been composited at a variety of resolutions.  The neck line is blocky, but the lettering appears relatively fine by comparison.  Lastly, the anti-aliasing of the text has a fair bit of bleeding.  This again could be the result of the source texture having too little resolution, possibly?  Keep in mind that this text - as it is positioned currently - is going to be folded over and under the cup of the breasts and so is prone to stretching and shearing just in the course of her moving (or breathing), so if the source text isn't like super-ultra high resolution, the details are going to get stretched and sheared.  If you look at the "BABY" PJ's that ships in InTeen, you'll note the text is placed across on the top surface of the breasts.  That was very much intentional.

By and large, I think you have a resolution problem (possibly a compression/resampling problem due to image format conversions).  What are you using for an image editor?  What format are you using to export?  I highly recommend TIF.  It is a raw 32-bit uncompressed format and includes the alpha channel.  If you export as a GIF, PNG, or JPG you may be sacrificing quality in the conversion.

(sorry for the huge image file - but I wanted maximum clarity without any artifacts being introduced by converting or scaling the image)

* texture_compare_848.bmp (3600.05 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 1297 times.)

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:13:01 pm »

See here's the thing.  I have PhotoImpression, which came with the computer.  I really can't afford to spend the money on Photo Shop, so I'm stuck with it.  I have been exporting as a PNG.  I'm not even sure TIF is an option.  I'll look into that.  Seriously, my stuff looks great until I put it back into the game.  So use TIF.  Do I have to change my image editor?

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

user226

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:19:47 pm »

you can just download it for free!
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 07:22:02 pm »

user226 if you are telling her she can download Photoshop for free you are breaking one of the site rules and can be banned for it. So I suggest you read the rules and think before you post. We do not support or talked about Warez on this site. If people wish to download software illegally that is their business but I will not have it discussed. Understand?
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 08:44:12 pm »

Quote from: farath
See here's the thing.  I have PhotoImpression, which came with the computer.  I really can't afford to spend the money on Photo Shop, so I'm stuck with it.  I have been exporting as a PNG.  I'm not even sure TIF is an option.  I'll look into that.  Seriously, my stuff looks great until I put it back into the game.  So use TIF.  Do I have to change my image editor?

You might be losing image quality in the image conversion process.  You should send mail to Sleepycat: she uses a free or inexpensive image editing tool and it supports layering and masking and all that fun stuff.  Its not Photoshop but she seems to get pretty good results with it.

user226: Not cool.

EDIT: Farath, it's PhotoImpact by Ulead:

http://www.ulead.com/pi/runme.htm

It's $89 USD, but you can get the previous version for $29.95 USD from:

http://www.softwaresurplus.com/Guaranteed/Low.Prices?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ss&Product_Code=6451&utm_id=1722

(maybe less on E-Bay or half.com)

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 09:48:43 pm »

okay, thanks for the info.  I'm going to try with what I have using TIF (which i can do, by the way) before spending money I don't have! lol!  But really, thanks.  I'll, of course, let you know how it goes!

Oh my!  After spending hours trying to get around it, I will have to spend some of my hubby's hard earned money.  I hope I will be able to do better with my stuff from now on!

Lorrswim34

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 11:09:30 am »

Quote from: kathy
user226 if you are telling her she can download Photoshop for free you are breaking one of the site rules and can be banned for it. So I suggest you read the rules and think before you post. We do not support or talked about Warez on this site. If people wish to download software illegally that is their business but I will not have it discussed. Understand?

their is a free trial for 30 days from the adobe photoshop website. don't waste your time thought. my dads best friend who is a computer repair person from a company that only works with companys and hospitals. he came over and told us to try the 30 day trail but when he installed it it didn't work.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 11:12:07 am by Lorrswim34 » Logged

#1 Mariska Hargitay Fan

Go Law & Order:SVU
xK-la

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 04:28:12 am »

This dress is gorgeous!

Teen Diva Karine - 3rd Place
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 02:35:50 pm »

It's so pretty, Mandie!

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 11:22:21 am »

Pretty *Hits install button and stares at screen hopefully awaiting it to work...*

Smiley

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
Mara2005

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 06:54:58 am »

Don't be so hard on yourself ... I like it.

:snorting:
Natural_Highness
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 08:48:41 pm »

Beautiful! Much better than I could do! Smiley
PikakeNikole

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 09:30:27 pm »

MalySheryll: What the crap? This is not what this is here for!

Great dress! I like it!!!!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: