Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:41:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Second Chance?  (Read 6116 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2006, 05:36:32 pm »

Special thanks to DLMulsow for use of Elias Barstow in this story. If you'd like to put Elias in your own story or game you can find him here:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=21269

An now onto my first attempt at a SIM story...

~*~ Introduction ~*~

I’m not even sure how it is that I got to where I am anymore, my life. Well my life isn’t what it use to be but I can only blame myself for that I suppose, though no one can be blamed for chasing their dreams. An my dream was to become a star and see my face on the silver screen someday, so fresh out of high school I moved to Simwood much to the dismay of my parent’s. Now a year later I’m penniless, well nearly penniless as I have enough money for a simple box apartment or motel depending on if your brave enough to stay here for longer than a night or not, and a small child to support. Which to make matter’s worse has only left me to reflect on the mistakes that I’ve made in the past.  This isn’t the first time the what if’s have happened though, but it’s times when I look at my daughter, Callista and wonder if I made the right choices in my life. An sure while we all have regrets I think I regret one thing most of all, and that’s Elias. I never realized up until now that I was in love with him but again that was a year ago and I’m too scared to find out what would happen now if I were to tell him how I felt. There’s another thing, I seem to spend much of my time in fear over one thing or another, the wolf knocking at the door with bills that I can’t pay, Callista’s well being and if you wondering my parent’s disowned me when I gave birth to her as I suppose it shattered their dreamy life. I have a plan though, or at least I think I do.

~*~ Part One ~*~

It had been late that night when Desdemona Talon and her small daughter, Callista had made their way into Pleasantveiw, the place of Desdemona’s birth and what the woeful blonde could only imagine at some point would be the place of her death as well. As you see, she had roots there in the town, with the community, and most of all she wanted to raise her daughter in a place that she could have a sense of belonging.  Still the biggest problem was going to be money and Desdemona found herself in yet another one bedroom motel room on the out skirts of Pleasantveiw, which wasn’t exactly what she’d had in mind.  

“Don’t worry Callie, I promise soon Mommy will have everything worked out and will be out of this tiny place and into a place of our own. In fact Mommy’s thinking about opening her own business,” Desdemona added before she shook her head, the whisp of blonde hair falling around her eye’s as she sighs softly. At times she worried about Callista not having a father but in the end she had fallen for the age old ’I love you’, and three month’s later when she’d gone to find Braden he’d been no where to be found and no one had known his name. Settling Callista down onto the ground, Desdemona looks down at her before she smiles running her finger’s through the little girl’s hair and then lifting an eyebrow. It was the first time that she’d ever left her alone and she wasn’t sure about the babysitter yet, but she was in a lurch for time and the company had seemed reliable.

“Don’t worry Mommy will be back soon,” she cooed as she dug in her pocket’s for the keys to her worn VW Beetle.

Looking up with wide eye’s and then shaking her head, Callista merely stuck her hand into her mouth and then looked up again. She wasn’t sure what was going on but what she did know was that Mommy seemed to be upset and excited at the same time which only filled the little girl with a set of mixed emotions. Watching now as the car disappeared from sight, Callista went about crawling around the yard playing with the abundance of toys that seemed to have found their way there from this person or that when they had visited. Though her favorite had been a teddy bear, not because of the bear it’s self but because the person that had given it to her had seemed so familiar. Pushing the thoughts from her one year old mind, Callista pushed herself up into a sitting position before she went about babbling to the bear and rabbit her jibberish spilling out happily as she played.

“Are you having a fun yet?”

The voice had caused Callista to jump before her tiny head turned, the dark brown strands of hair falling into her eye’s as she sucked in a deep breath and then let out a squeal of excitement. Her mother hadn’t known it but when they had lived in Simwood, they’d had a visitor and while Callista hadn’t been that old she could still remember Elias and she remembered him rather well.  

For Elias seeing Callista again only reminded him of why he was there, he was just as guilty as what Desdemona had been. He could have spoken up and he could have said something more to her before she left but he hadn’t  and up until last night he’d never expected to see her in Pleasantveiw again.

“Hello?” Elias answered, he hadn’t been sleeping more or less day dreaming thinking about things and it seemed like he did that a lot lately.
“Eli, it’s Don. Your not going to believe what I saw today,” the voice rang through the phone loud and clear even though Elias could here the chattering over the loud speakers and intercoms.
His eyes rolling slightly he looked out the window before he shook his head and then closed his eye’s. “If this going to be another one of those things that in the end Cassie is going to strangle you for looking at,” he asked before Elias smiled, from where he was sitting he could just make out the lights from the Goth home.

Don laughed and Elias couldn’t figure out what he was so excited about as the man seemed to have calmed greatly in the last little bit but then again he still had a wild streak at times, like the tiny blonde living with him that he kept telling people was his cousin when they all knew different.  

“I was on my way to work earlier and I took the long way basically because I wanted to see some things,” Don replied which secretly meant he’d wanted to go check on the house that he had been building. “An she’s back. Desdemona Talon. I mean yeah her hair’s blonde now but it was here, I talked to her a for a little while too,” Don explained.

Hanging up the phone without saying anything else, Elias could only lean back and ponder what to do next. Was this the big chance that he’d been waiting on or was this going to turn out to be something ugly that was going to make him wish he’d never opened his mouth in the first place. No this was fate and destiny pulling him forward and telling him to go, and since he knew already that Ferdinand and Vivian Talon hadn’t spoken to their daughter in month’s there was only one place that she could be staying.

Now as he settled Callista back down onto the ground and looked around, Elias bit down on his lower lip before he leaned back against his car sucking in a deep breath, he’d wait for Desdemona to get home and then he had a plan of his own. All the while the questions running through his mind She had a daughter now, could he possibly raise a child that wasn’t his own. He could, he’d fallen in love with that little girl the minute he’d seen her. An he loved her mother, he always had it was merely a matter of absence making the heart growing fonder.

If that was the case than one could only imagine how fond he had grown of the woman in all of this time but still. His stomach was in knots and they only seemed to tighten as he watched Callista playing in the front yard of the motel. Her toys now lined up as it appeared that she was lecturing them, but still the little girl’s eye lids where getting heavier and heavier as she seemed to be drifting off to sleep before finally letting her head drop back down and settling slowly against the soft green grass and she looked to peaceful for Elias to wake her so he merely continued to wait.  The putter of the old car had caught his attention and Elias moved forward before he smiled and then ran his hand through his hair, that nervous knot in his stomach now clenched almost painfully hard before he took in a deep breath and then dropped his head forward slightly. He could do this.  

“Elias,” the excited squeal had escaped her lips before Desdemona had thought about it. “What are you doing here, how did you know I was here,” though she had the feeling it had something to do with her earlier conversation with Don.
The smile spread across his lips slowly and Elias merely let it turn into a grin before he let out a breath of relief, the fact that she was so happy to see him made things that much easier. “Well you know I heard that you where back in town and I couldn’t resist the urge to come and visit you, besides I had something that I wanted to say and I figured even though I should have said this sooner there is no time like the present,” he offered as he grinned again watching as Desdemona nervously twisted her hair around her finger.
Eyes widening she smiled before she nodded her head. “I wanted to talk to you too,” she offered before she brushed her hair from her face. I missed you so much.”

It had happened before either of them had realized it, lips pressing against each other’s softly and even though neither had wanted it to end they had finally pulled away both looking to make sure that Callista was still napping soundly  where she had been.

“So I suppose that answers my first question of  if your married,” Elias teased before he smiled again, closer to her now Desdemona looked tired, frightened, nothing like the girl that he had gone to school with but time could change anyone. “What about her Dad?”
“Braden, he left long before Callista was born and then suddenly when I went to find him it was like he didn’t exist at all,” Desdemona admitted, though she didn’t know why she was telling him so much or why she hadn’t let go yet either. “So it’s just been us.”
“It doesn’t have to be,” Elias stated and then took in another deep breath before he smiled softly and then cleared his throat. His hand moving into his pocket for the small black velvet box that he knew was there. He’d bought it the morning after graduation when he’d decided to finally make his move, but it had been too late then she was already gone now though. “You don’t have to say yes right now.”

Dropping down to one knee and holding the box out for Desdemona to see the diamond inside, and as he waited to see what would happen next he wondered if there would be a second chance or not.  

~~~~~~~~~~

If you like this story and want to see more of it let me know!

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
DLMulsow
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:33:51 pm »

You're right!  Elias makes a wonderful hero.  I love your story!  Great job and thanks for choosing Eli, I am very honored.
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 03:31:05 pm »

Aww thanks I'm glad you liked it!

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 04:38:29 pm »

It's a great story! I love it so far, but the thing that bugs me is the bad quality of the pictures. I would love to be able to clearly see the character's faces! ^^ It would be nice if you turned the game quality up a bit before you take the pictures. It might make the game a bit slower, but it's worth it in the long run because you get beautiful pictures!
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 05:44:39 pm »

Where did you get Desdemona's hair? Great story!
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 06:12:54 pm »

Elven_Song: Thanks for the advice, I tried what you suggested and took a couple of snap shots and they turned out so much better...So the pics for the second part should be a lot better next time around!

sim_kid1129: It's an XM's SIM hair you should be able to get it here at this link:
Desdemona's Hair

STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 11:18:04 am »

wow this is great Eli is so HUNKY lol
great job

LAX is whats up.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 12:00:50 pm »

i bet it would be good if you resized your pictures!  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 09:52:16 am »

Ooooh, it seems like the Photobucket remove/delete curse has struck again.
Do you still have the pics uploaded or floating around on your PC?
milie529

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 12:05:18 pm »

If you look, this story was posted 3 years ago... So I don't think that TheDebofNight still have the pictures....

Carpe Diem!
Seize the day, life's too short!
Cueille le jour présent, en te fiant le moins possible au lendemain. La vie est trop courte pour ne pas en profiter.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 12:06:40 pm »

well, I have pics of my sims from years back, I know I do, somewhere...

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: