Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:14:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBJ for Recoloring Question  (Read 2098 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LadyBea36

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2006, 04:15:41 pm »

ok so i would like to make some recolors i guess they are called for most of the bodybuilder clothes but i am having a problem.

since i suck with textures that need to have wringles and such on clothing items on a flat image like in psp. :dontknow: so i was wandering....

how can i extract the obj file of the clothing part so i can use that to make textures in deep paint 3d? I use deep paint alot and its easier to see what i am texturing on and make sure my seams are as close as possible to matching and such.

if not like on the tops of the bodybuilder meshed can i just add a logo on them. its not for sale any other this plus i plan to share...where probably here since i dont carry enough bandwith on my own site to do it.

i am just bored with the sims so figured to make me a playgirl neighborhood and so i need all the playgirl things for that. lol playgirl meaning the guys not the girls.

Thanks
Bea

ps i searched the thread to see if anyone asked but this site wont let me do it.

I am an old dog trying to learn new tricks.:brain:
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 06:25:43 am »

I've never used deep paint 3d but it sounds like you need an overlay. If you have a 3D editor such as 3dsMax, you can extract the .obj file and bake the lighting and shadow textures and use that as an overlay for you clothing. But depending on which (.obj) file you want to extract, you'll likely need to do some deep searching in SimPE first until you find the (.obj) you want.

Hopefully this helps...

Franky
LadyBea36

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:54:17 am »

Well what i found out so far, like the clothes is that the sims are attatched to the clothing themselves? I was thinking it would have been like the 3d programs i usually model for like poser where the clothing is separate the figure. If there is a way to separate the clothing like that i havent figured it out yet.

My form of texturing is i have to see the parts needed as in 3d or at least uvmapped with parts separate each other. Instead of how sims has it to where everything is bunched into one almost.

anyhow thanks for the help. i guess i could just stick the obj into lightwave and remove the figure from the clothes...lol.

bea

I am an old dog trying to learn new tricks.:brain:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: