Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 02:31:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making Eyes...MY way (with pics)  (Read 5458 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:43 pm »

For creating eyes, I would suggest using a sclera base like the one you can get here, by Knightskykyte, which will give you very realistic eyes.

I’m hoping and assuming y'all have Photoshop, because that’s all I use anymore to create custom content for TS2.  Here's a Photoshop tutorial on how I make my eyes.

1.   Open Body Shop.  Go to ‘Create Parts – Start New Project – Create Genetics’.  Choose an eye color and give it a filename.  Export it.

2.   Go to Photoshop.  Open the sclera base you downloaded.

3.   Now the fun starts.  Using the ‘ellipse’ tool, select a dark color of the eye color you want to make, and draw a circle that is centered in the white part of the sclera base and make sure it is the right size to be an eyeball.

4.   Now, it is time to add other shades to our eye.  What I like to do is use the ‘custom shape’ tool, find the sun shape (shown below) and use that to make the streaks of different shades.

5.   But notice that when we draw the shape, it’s the same color as the base of the eye.  Click on the color box at the top of the screen and choose a color that is a few shades lighter than the base color.  Click OK.

6.   Go over to the layer box and right click on the shape you just made.  Left click on ‘duplicate layer’.

7.   A box will pop up asking which canvas you wish to put the duplicate layer on.  Since it’s already on the right canvas, click OK.

8.   Now we make this shape even lighter than the last one.  Click on the shape tool and click on the color box again, this time choosing a very light shade.

9.   Now go to ‘Edit – Transform – Rotate’ and click on it.  The new layer is now able to be rotated. Spin it around until you get it how you want it and make sure it shows both colors.

10.   Duplicate, change the color, and rotate this layer as many times as you want until you feel that you have enough colors for your eye.

11.   Now it’s time to add the pupil.  Select the ‘ellipse’ tool again and draw a smaller circle centered inside the larger one.  Click the color box and change the color of the circle to black.

12.   Now, go to ‘Menu – Layer – New – Layer’.  A box will pop up with options about your new layer.   Select ‘None’ for the background color and click OK.

13.   Select the pencil tool and change its color to white.  Select a brush size of 5.     Then, in the upper right part of the pupil, make two dots, one right beside the other.

14.   Now change the brush size to 3 and make one dot in the lower left part of the pupil.

15.   Repeat step 12, adding another transparent layer.

16.   Using the pencil tool at brush size 3, draw a trail from the small dot to the edge of the eye.

17.   With the brush size back to five, draw a trail from the two larger dots to the edge of the eye.

18.   We’re not finished yet.  Go to the first layer you added with the dots and select it.  Then click on ‘Menu – Filters – Blur – Gaussian Blur’.  A box will come up asking how intense you want to blur it.  Play with the sliders, checking the main Photoshop screen, until you find the right blur.

19.   Now, select the second layer and do the same thing, only make it a bit more blurred than the first layer.

20.   Now go to ‘Menu – File – Save As’ and find the folder that holds your exported eye color files.  Mine was ‘My Documents – EA Games – The Sims 2 – Projects – eyetutorial’.  Under filetype, change it from .PSD to .BMP and your files should show up.  Click on the top file (named something like ‘stdMatBaseTextureName’) and click ‘Save’.  A box will pop up asking if you wish to replace this file.  Click yes.  When the ‘BMP Options’ dialog box pops up, leave it alone and just click OK.

21.   Go back into Body Shop and refresh the preview sim.  If your eye color looks the way you want it to, then click the ‘Import to Game’ button.

22.   Do a silly dance to celebrate your awesome awesomeness.

You’re Done!

If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to let me know.

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

Fantastic tutorial! Thank you so much for doing this!

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Lonelyeco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 05:39:21 am »

Thank you. Even though I don't have GIMP, this has shown me how to do it with Paint.NET.

The true way to joy and happiness is to respect others.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: