Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:33:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Was this story...
Great - 6 (37.5%)
Good - 10 (62.5%)
Bad - 0 (0%)
Awful - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Love Prevailed  (Read 7082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2006, 03:57:05 pm »

Huntess Peete, a well driven working simman (pun intended). She enjoyed the good life, thanks to her well earned education. Although, she lived alone, it was by choice. She never really wanted to deal with anything she wasnt ready for, but all that would change the day she opened that door.

Before she could relax from a her typical day at work, she heard the door bell ring. A Man with curly brown hair and a child with striking blonde hair, who were none she had ever seen before. "Hi, are you Huntess Peete?" said the man directly. "Yes, how can I help you?" she answered like a friendly clerk.
"Im officer Joshua Dispoeste and I am minor case worker for the district". "I have some important matters to discuss with you, could we possibly come in?" Huntess was speechless although she was kinda enough to hear the man out.

"Im under the authority to place Lenny and Drew Ambrose with you as their temporary gaurdian while their case is still an open investigation". "Possible homicide or missing persons". Before he could let his next sentence, she interupted him. "Excuse me, missing persons? murder, children?" questioning almost everything he had laid upon her. "Is this some kinda sick joke, because you can just stop". "I have no children Mr. Disposeste nor do I know anyone who might be missing" she assured him. She went from appearing nice, to abruptly bad mouth him.
"Well this case involves the mother Dahlia Peete, whom I assume is your sister, appears to be missing". "We arent sure where the father may be involved but it appears to be foul play". She didnt think about her younger sister for that matter, her only sibling, whom she had no contact with for the last several years. Huntess didnt have any involvement in her life after her teen years, which lead her to belive that maybe he was telling her the truth.

"I cant raise these children, isnt someone else available?", true to her selfish nature she had no interest in understand the situation. "Im sorry for such short notice", said Mr Disposeste. "Although, I spoke with your mother a week ago and I thought presumably that your mother discussed this with you already?" He had the puzzled look on his face. "MY MOTHER!!" she flaired up, is she behind all this?, she asked him as she walked towards the phone.

Huntess dialed like no tomorrow. After the second ring, the sound of a woman coming out from a nap finally answered the phone. "Mother, how could you!" she yelled at her without even a hello. "I see they have arrived, how are they" Ms. Peete asked joyfully. “Why do you do these things without even consulting me first!" “Does it look like I can just stop and take care of my sisters problems?”, she began to break down over the phone.
“Huntess, listen to me, sometimes in life we have to somethings that we don’t want to do” her mother insisted. “Now is not a time to be only think our selves”, I know you werent close to her, but at least you can do something that will bring you two closer” “We need to stick together , like family and till we find her, please”. With her finale words she hung up the phone and looked at Joshua who had witnessed the whole thing.

“Pardon me, but If you don’t take them, they’ll end up foster care for who knows how long” he tried to reason with Huntess. Her nose was still red from crying and yelling, “Might I remind you also that this only temporary and that you have own life as well”. Mr. Deposeste might have stepped out of his jurisdiction, but also had a heart. “I’m so sorry, I just cant understand what’s happening”. “My sister’s …. I mean she might be…”, she couldn’t get those terrifying words out. “Were trying to find her Ms. Peete”, he assured her. “But for the mean time, I would like you to take these children”. “Please understand”, she looked at him without question that he would be a man of his word. “Here’s my direct number, if anything happens, you will be the first know”. After a fair amount of paperwork, Joshua had left only Lenny in her care.

Out of all the fuss, her niece whom she had never met before, was simply sound asleep on her couch. She was beautiful, like her mother. At the door, Huntess had managed to notice she had also possessed her piercing blue eyes. As for her father, she had no clue who Dahlia could have been involved with 7 years back, nor Drew’s father. They could have shared the same father; anything or anyone involved in Dahlia’s life was mystery to her.

Into the second week of balancing her new world of motherhood, Huntess was ready to tackle sleep. For some time, she had been too nervous to actually sleep, with the constant worry if Lenny was ok or did something happen even though she was sleeping in the next room across from her. With the help of Mr. Deposeste assistance and boring book she had managed to put her mind at ease and drift off to sleep.

Later on that afternoon, she had made it home to give to make sure Lenny was alright and fed by the nanny in time so she could give her a bath. To her shock, she heard water in the bathroom, under the impression she was trying to bathe herself. Being precautious, she had entered the bathroom to check in on her, but to her amazement, Lenny was nowhere in site.

The bathroom had been empty, yet the only thing running was the faucet. But as she tried to turned it, the knob got stuck. Then out of nowhere, a woman had appeared from the wall and tried to scare her. She was almost invisible, but clear enough to for Huntess to know who it was, Dahlia.

Huntess nearly lost her breathe from the sight of such a phenomenon, never I her life had she had witnessed something. Only thing was, the ghosts wasn’t just a ghost, it was Dahlia. Which led her to believe one thing, she was dead.

All of this made her just sulk in the tub and drown the world out. For her children would never really know they’re own mother. As if she were the only one to know what was already of her sisters fate.

Had little did she have known, Lenny unknowingly had felt her mothers presence. Dahlia knew trouble was not to far away, and maybe was her way of warning them.

“I saw her, Mr. Deposeste”, she said as he watched her pace around the kitchen in a state of panic. “You thought you saw something”, he wasn’t into the whole paranormal scenario. “I think she might be dead already, I know it!”, as much as she hated to say it  that was enough to let her know. “Who did she last talk to??”, “Where and when was she reported missing??”, she was dramatic and under the impression he wasn’t taking her seriously. “Please, calm down Ms. Peete”, Joshua didn’t want her so worked up over what may have happened.

“Can we talk about Drew?”, she tried to change the subject. “Well yes, that’s I wanted to also tell you.” “I can bring him home in the morning, If you’d  like?” the only promising news she had heard since a couple of weeks. “Of course I would!” Huntess, expressed. Not only would she had them home together but, It would mean she would fulfilling her sisters wishes. “Now, can you do me a small favor?”, Mr. Deposeste said with a smile on his face. “Yes”, she replied. “Have dinner with me”, he asked her .Before her eyes wided as she looked at him like she had seen another ghost. “Sure”, Huntess said with a grin.

“Lenny, get ready cause your next”, said as she was bathing Drew in the tub. Joshua had managed to bring him home that morning. He was into loving arms and not some home where he wouldn’t be loved. Huntess was also getting ready to take up Joshua’s proposal  that night and so she only had a bit of time before he would arrive.

She let him through the door, sporting his favorite suit. “You look beautiful Huntess”, she blushed all over. Lenny ran down the stairs as soon as she saw officer Deposeste, “Arent you  suppose to be getting ready for bed”, she nodded instead. Drew wasn’t tired just being nosey. “They look happy Huntess, your doing a great job already”. “Thanks to you Mr. Deposeste”, she smiled like a teenage girl.

“So, are we ready?” he asked her. “Yes, lets go”. She kissed them and then they both headed out the door. Everything was safe and sound especially with baby sitter watching them, Huntess and Joshua set out to enjoy themselves.

As Lenny was playing with the sock monkey she happened to see someone crawl through her widow.  She looked up, it was also another familiar face. “Hey Lenny”, the voice said. “Let’s go for a ride”.

Stay Tuned for part 2……

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:05:26 pm »

Great!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 08:42:06 am »

Oooo ooo part 2!  Hurrrrry!

I'm a simple but, complex kind of gal:blob5:
 Lunabear, mama and daddy love you so much!! Rest In Peace Love
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 04:54:41 pm »

I would advise new readers to look at part 1 first! http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22614

With the lights shot out, things to be even more complicated."By any chance could tell me where my son is?". "I cant!", Calista pleaded in fear of her own life.Grant suprised the living day outta her soul. "Omg, please dont hurt me or the children, she said gasping for whatever air she could use. "So he is here", he smiled at her. "All you had to do was answer my question..."

"You know, If I shoot you, no would hear you", he waved the gun carelessly. "Please sir, I beg you,dont!". For the moment, he had no care in the world weither he would shoot her or not.All that matter was that he had to find what he wanted. "Now, I'll ask you, where the lady who lives here?" said Grant once more. Sobbing and trembling, all she could do was unbeknown give him an anwser by shrugging.

"Well..., Grant clonked her on the back of her head instead of putting her outta her mistery and went on looking through out the house. Somehow in a room he managed to bump into something little on the floor and it happened to be drooling as well. There baby Drew had managed to crawl from his crib despite it being dark. "My son", he said to the little boy as he snuggled him.

Of many children who would be scared, Drew and Lenny were the least, especially when it came to a cold and dark hearted person, like their own father. With that, he and Natalie took the brewd and headed out on from the misson in just enough time.

At the trailer parks, they laid low till it was the right time to make contact with Huntess."I gave him some food",said Natalie. "Ok did you take Lenny to the bathroom?", Grant questioned her while he watched the news."Or did I run her bath water or did I tuck her in?", she looked at him furiated while bouncing Drew litte harder. "I'm not a nanny Grant, nor your maid!", he heard the trembling her voice "Im tired this crap from you!" As if he didnt hear her, she put him down on the floor and stormed to the bathroom.

Natalie sat in the bathroom to try and wipe away her tears. A couple of seconds later she heard him coming torwards the door trying to open it. As she darted to lock it but wasnt quick enough. "Listen to me and you listen good", he penned her against the wall, "No one disrespects me like, not even in front of my children. "You were nothing before me and you'll still be nothing without me". "I could have anyone but I'd give you guys anything and all I ask is just a little patience". She couldn't stop looking at his favorite gun he put in her face. He used it mostly as a threat, maybe it less of a threat than his voice."Dahlia was stupid enough to leave and look what happened to her", he grinned at her and left the bathroom.

Huntess tried to sneak into the house like a teenager so she would wake the little parents. "I loved the place Joshua". "Really?, then I should take you more often", she insisted. It had been awhile since she really went out on a date, if she called it that. "You have good taste and the lobster was fabulous!"
"The only thing that matters is that you had a good time", she looked at him as if nothing else but to do but was to kiss him. Just before that, the phone rang.

She walked towards the phone with her eyes still fixed on him, "Hello?" she greeted the caller. "I see you guys made finally made it home", Huntess face went flat. She looked around in disbelive, startling Joshua to try and turn the lights on, but their was no luck. "If you ever want to see my kids again, then we need to make some arrangements". "Who are you?" she shouted. Mr. Desposiste ran up the stairs, "It doesnt matter,here's the address...". After he instructed her, the phone went dead. "Their gone!" she sobbed. Bravely, Joshua took her hand ,"C'mon, were gonna go find them!".

30 mins had turned into and hour before Lenny had finally woke up again from her nap. Drew was more alert than ever as she nevously carried him around anticipating on their next move."Natalie, get out of the window, somebody might see you!",he said in a stern whisper. "I think I hear something outside", she said ashuring him. "I think we have some nosey neighbors who we need to meet". He confidently walked out the front door to investigate.

Instead of panicing her, they took the law into their open hands. It was mirical that they were not to far away, yet it still was not a common place to for Huntess to be. "Is this the right place?", she whispered in the car. "Of course it is, just look at it". They parked far from the house enough to convince Grant they were by themselves. "I'll go ahead to you", he signaled to her.

They had managed to reach the back door, hoping that they were undetected, but their plans failed. While approching the door, they were shocked to hear someone."If I knew you were coming, I would've baked a cake", being so ever charasmatic, he picked up a newspaper and flashed the gun as well. "I dont want any trouble, so just do as I say".

When they came in, she found Lenny ad Drew in the kitchen with some woman tending to them. "Omg, are you guys alright?!", she tried to head for them, but was interupted. "Hands up were I can see them and keep her quit", he instructed her, he wasnt going to let them go so easily. Grant check Joshua for any weapons, but to his delight; he wasnt armed.

Grant never thought this might explicit for his children and it never even mattered that something might happend to them if the gun went off. "Drew come to momma!" she caoxed him. "Come here Lenny", Grant had instructed her. "You can have them both, but for a certain price". For the first time Joshua turned mad. "They are not cattle you sick &$(%!"
"I just gave you Drew back 10,000 Simoleons that you own me". he grinned once again then bent down to hug Lenny.

She happen to distract him enough for Joshua to take a good swing at him. He happened to hit him in the right spot making Grant slump to the floor. "Get you and the kids outside,I got this!" Joshua assured them. "Backup should be here". "Lady if you move, officers have no choice but to shoot you!" The charging sirens were enough to convince her to stay put. Joshua had managed to knock to knock him out to till he was unconcious.

She made it out in just enough time before anyone could have really gotten hurt. Huntess placed Drew on ground and checked him out, although she never had to worry if Lenny was alright because she was so brave. Not even a peep from her since the whole ordeal. "Are you alright Ms.?" said the officer, running from the car. "Yes, the bad guys are inside with Mr.Depesiste!", he as five other dispatchers would follow.

The nightmare was over or so they thought? Chapter 2, coming soon...

Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 11:50:13 am »

i'm looking forward to it DecoraChroi Smiley

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 10:17:30 pm »

thank you

The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 08:58:09 am »

Very interesting.......

Yes...its the same Mule as before
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 12:48:42 pm »

Keep it going.....

Yes...its the same Mule as before
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 07:31:58 pm »

Im sorry if anyone took any interest in this story, I will not continue it. Thank you for the appreciation. Smiley

Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 07:47:13 pm »

ahh why not i loved the story

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
HenryJoe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 02:14:30 am »

Wow. Great story Decora. I know you must have you reasons for not continuing with it, but let me just say that your story is captivating, well written, and very well done. You've got real talent Decora. And you've got my vote.Smiley

"In The Darkness Casts My Light Shadow"

-HenryJoe
kim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 06:13:03 am »

Since you aren't continuing this I'm closing the thread. If you change your mind just pm me and I'll reopen it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: