Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:09:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Tutorials/General Photo Editing links and advice  (Read 95182 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2007, 01:08:13 pm »

Thankys, Charlotte!

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2007, 01:09:52 pm »

=( i am stuck on the second step

Live Life to the fullest because, there may never be a tomorrow.
charlotterose23

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2007, 01:11:30 pm »

No problemo Smiley I'm always happy to help. Just ask. I'm not an expert but I know a little bit and I'll gladly make tutorials for people who don't know how to do something (thats if I know how to! lol)

1st Place ~ ANMM
2nd Place ~ RTS, Miss F.A.T
3rd Place ~ Wedding Nightmare, Makeover Remmington, DTS, X-Men Academy, Imaginary Friend
[/COLOR][/FONT]
charlotterose23

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2007, 01:12:53 pm »

The second one? The bit where you drag it? Make sure your holding down the mouse button while you drag it.

1st Place ~ ANMM
2nd Place ~ RTS, Miss F.A.T
3rd Place ~ Wedding Nightmare, Makeover Remmington, DTS, X-Men Academy, Imaginary Friend
[/COLOR][/FONT]
dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2007, 01:16:07 pm »

this is what i keep gett ing

thisis on ly the second step cutting it

tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2007, 01:16:45 pm »

I'm having trouble with the image showing up on the other one. I have the picture of a sim, but instead of moving the sim, it moves the background. Am I doing it wrong??

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2007, 06:37:49 am »

DNJ, is your sim wearing something with white on it? If you want to cut a sim out, you should first make sure you take the picture on a background that is a different color from anything else on your sim. As such, a white background is not always your best choice. Try using a different background color for the shot?

DeliaLili, are you using GIMP or photoshop? I'm assuming GIMP has layers, so hopefully this advice will be helpful either way... but usually, when you cut something out and paste it onto another pic, the copied picture is pasted onto its own separate layer. Before you try moving the pic around, make sure you are on the same layer as the sim, then try clicking the sim to move it. I hope that makes sense ._.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:43:05 am by pandasan » Logged
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2007, 01:07:41 am »

Ehhh...Problem solved. Thankys pandasan!

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2007, 07:01:34 am »

Oeh, another way of placing sims onto another background with GIMP. I think this one is better than mine. Tongue
Ad pandasan gave about the exact same advice I was thinking of, so I have nothing left to say. Wink
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:14:45 am by AlbinoBambi » Logged

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50:16 am »

DNJ, is your sim wearing something with white on it? If you want to cut a sim out, you should first make sure you take the picture on a background that is a different color from anything else on your sim. As such, a white background is not always your best choice. Try using a different background color for the shot?

that backgound color was a tan but, i will take more pictures and try again thanks a bunch=)

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2007, 10:05:08 am »

These are some excellent tutorials, and very easy to follow at that.  Thanks for these guides, everyone!  Now I have a question little question...  :angel:

Usually, when I save my pictures as jpeg files in the editing program that I use (really old version of PhotoImpact... 4.2 to be exact), my pictures always come out fuzzy and less detailed than they originally were.  Do programs like PhotoShop and GIMP prevent this from happening?  Most of my edited images are ".png" files, and I'd like to at least cut back on the loading time and file size of them on the web, but I also don't want to loose the actual quality of the picture, even after touch-ups, warming, etc.  Any tips?  :happy8:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:09:45 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2007, 01:20:10 pm »

Tenshii, I think there is a difference when using Photoshop at least. I know whenever I attempt to save anything as a .jpg in Photoshop, I am prompted with several options relating to the compression. I always try to choose the highest settings. I can't testify to what GIMP does..  But anyway, I'm usually pretty satisfied with the way my pictures look, despite being .jpg Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:21:38 pm by pandasan » Logged
dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:10 pm »

alright i left click and idont get a zigzag line or anything i need major help please

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »

Quote from: pandasan;867248
Tenshii, I think there is a difference when using Photoshop at least. I know whenever I attempt to save anything as a .jpg in Photoshop, I am prompted with several options relating to the compression. I always try to choose the highest settings. I can't testify to what GIMP does..  But anyway, I'm usually pretty satisfied with the way my pictures look, despite being .jpg Smiley

Thanks, panda!  :smile bi:  I went ahead and gave GIMP a go, (since PS is way out of my price range at the moment) and it does have similar functions to what you mentioned above.  Really helps a lot, especially the way I go back and forth editing my contest pics.  :lol:

dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »

well i know its bad but
i finally got my sim cut out Cool
lol
look here (below)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: