Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:30:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Tutorials/General Photo Editing links and advice  (Read 96891 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2007, 11:06:20 pm »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;602401
Ofcourse not. ^^
I'll get a screenshot of it right away.

---

When opening your picture in GIMP, you go to the layers dialog. There you click something that looks like a clean sheet of paper.

When you click that, a new window opens. In that window, check if the fill type of your layer is set on 'Transparency'. Also, you shouldn't need to change the size of your new layer. It is supposed to be exactly the same size as your original picture. And thats the size that you'll need.
---

There, I hope that was clear enough. ^^ If you need any other help, just ask, and I'll see what I can do. ^^

Thanks!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:22:06 am by Kielen » Logged

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2007, 07:23:40 pm »

guys i have a problem that i wish you could help me with. i've never noticed this before with my pics. i don't know if i was just too stupid to notice or my pc graphics are messing with me. anyway, i brought pics to help out. i don't want you guys to worry about "imagining" it.

thanks guys. i need to make an entry for a contest and i hate the blurring because it makes my pic blurry.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:34:09 pm by summer_wine » Logged

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2007, 09:33:47 pm »

That looks like you don't have the 'smooth edges' setting set to highest... check your graphics settings in game. And also change gadwin so it's saving as png not bitmap. Smiley

Still a simmer at heart, just too busy with my baby to play!
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2007, 10:33:53 pm »

I think dese is right. my game comes to a screeching halt though when i play with smooth edges, so i only change it just before taking pic.
another good tip from sisalys tutorial, is to feather your selection when using the magic wand, just right click on your image after making your selection, then the menu should come up, choose feather, i normally do 1 to 2 pixels.

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2007, 10:47:09 pm »

i wonder excatly what does feather do... anyway, i will take all these to heart and i guess i just have to retake them piccies. thanks my good people.

Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2007, 10:51:57 pm »

im not 100percent sure, but i think it softens the edges a tad, so the image your placing on top of the other one blends in more.

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2007, 10:53:01 pm »

thanks buffy. i appreciate it. hope my pics get better.

ETA:
i did the feather thing, didn't work. so i just smudged the edges. and saving the pics to.png didn't help much. and eversince i haven't been able to "smooth edges" ingame it's greyed out.

i don't know what's wrong with my pc. i don't know why this is happening now.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:21:32 am by summer_wine » Logged

razzajazza

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2007, 02:34:37 am »

Does anyone know how to add... sparkle like effects to pictures.... so it looks like something is glinting in the light, such as jewelry etc???

~Razza's Picture Stuffz~
Updated Aug 10
[/COLOR][/B]ADD ME --> ~fLiCkR~ <-- ADD ME
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2007, 07:19:03 am »

sounds like its your graphics card summer, if the option to smooth edges is blocked out ,probably means your card cant  handle it. when I got my new PC i nearly cried when i first went ingame, my onboard graphics card was el crappo, and my game was all blocky and blurry i couldnt change the screen resolution, smooth edges or anything. I went out and bought a new card and now its much better. im only using a radeon 9550, which is considerably cheap, but its much better than the one that came with the pc, anyhoo, good luck with it mate, i imagine its insanely frustrating.
Razza, you could use a custom brush to add sparkles. theres some great free ones from deviant art, or you could use a lens flare.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:27:03 am by Buffy » Logged

razzajazza

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2007, 07:27:57 am »

OK thanks!!! I found some other stuff there too!!

~Razza's Picture Stuffz~
Updated Aug 10
[/COLOR][/B]ADD ME --> ~fLiCkR~ <-- ADD ME
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2007, 07:46:01 am »

I also found a tutorial once for adding metalic and jewelled effects to pictures. Maybe do a google search if your still looking.

Quote from: buffybot;673946
good luck with it mate,

hahaha buffy..... you sounded soooooo Aussie then!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:33:47 pm by Kielen » Logged

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2007, 07:55:55 am »

buffy it might be my graphic card but i've always had it. argh it's so frustrating i just spent 30 mins smudging the edges of 2 pics just to make 'em decent. when all i had to do before was use the magic wand.

i think it's either because of this new painting thingie i dled that's a hack for taking pics or the fact that i went booty shopping. either way i gotta know coz it's driving me insane i wanna pull my hair out. LOL

brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:08 am »

Quote from: summer_wine;673972
buffy it might be my graphic card but i've always had it. argh it's so frustrating i just spent 30 mins smudging the edges of 2 pics just to make 'em decent. when all i had to do before was use the magic wand.

i think it's either because of this new painting thingie i dled that's a hack for taking pics or the fact that i went booty shopping. either way i gotta know coz it's driving me insane i wanna pull my hair out. LOL

Have you tried taking out all your downloads too see if that sets it strait??

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2007, 07:29:03 pm »

brooke that will be my last resort i guess. sadly.

anyway, i'm gonna post 2 pictures and see if there's any difference. i did not do any photoshopping on both them, just resize and crop.

* example.jpg (96.87 KB, 500x500 - viewed 843 times.)

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2007, 05:03:39 pm »

wow wren those pics are so good! Smiley

i love how you did the warming effects first of all. because it's not glaring or very distinct. how did you make it subtle?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: