Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:24:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Tutorials/General Photo Editing links and advice  (Read 95167 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2007, 07:14:45 am »

Can I ask a totally newbie type question?  I apologize if it's already been answered, but I didn't read through the 10 pages of this thread.

So far, I've only used the in-game camera to take pictures, and very rarely used the Print Screen option because I didn't like having to exit the game to save the one picture.

I'm aware that there is software out there that will allow you to use Print Screen while in-game and it automatically saves it for you so you don't have to exit out and save it manually.  I believe a few of these are called gadwin and infanview (sp?).

My question is for those of you that use this method, which of these softwares is most user friendly and free as well.  I noticed with gadwin that you had a 30 day trial, does it truly expire after the 30 days or is it like WinRar and you just get the annoying pop-up every time you open the program?

Thanx so much for any help you might be able to give me!

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
razzajazza

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2007, 07:44:32 am »

Synaptic - Im using Gadwin to take my pics and Im having no problems, and Ive been using it for well over 30 days. ... so I assume its just like winrar.... except ive had no pop ups at all..... (Im using gadwin 4.2 if it helps...)

Anyways.... it is much better than using the ingame camera. You get so much better quality pictures.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:46:49 am by razzajazza » Logged

~Razza's Picture Stuffz~
Updated Aug 10
[/COLOR][/B]ADD ME --> ~fLiCkR~ <-- ADD ME
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2007, 08:33:53 am »

Thanx Razza!  I noticed using Print Screen yielded a lot better results when I made this Welcome banner.

The pictures turned out so much more clear and crisp.  I'll have to check out this gadwin then.  Thank you so much for the quick response.

~ Syn

Liv

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2007, 08:43:11 am »

I've been using Gadwin for about 10 or 11 months and I havent had any issues with it.

1ST Mr./Miss Multitalent with Midori Emerson . 1ST Real World Skkylar Emerson . 1ST Married by Simmerica- Jason and Darla Miller . 1ST Bachelor Malibu- Roshanda Gardner

My Sims

Chapters 1 and 2 Available Now!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2007, 08:53:43 am »

I've been using it for three months, just about... almost four really.  No problems with me. Wink  It's an extremely useful program, and having those better-quality pictures just makes picture taking in the game all the more enjoyable.  :smile bi:

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2007, 10:26:08 am »

i use YAFFS. it's more user friendly for someone as brain dead as me LOL

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2007, 02:58:08 pm »

Okay Thankies Y'all!  It's been a lot of help!

~ Syn

razzajazza

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2007, 08:53:24 am »

OK... I was wondering if anyone here had a Graphics/Drawing tablet for image editing... or had tried one. Because... I have a load of muneez that I received for xmas and a fair lump from all the extra work I done over the xmas period....

If so... do you think its worth getting one?? And what kind would you reccomend???

~Razza's Picture Stuffz~
Updated Aug 10
[/COLOR][/B]ADD ME --> ~fLiCkR~ <-- ADD ME
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2007, 09:32:19 am »

wow! lucky you. i think i've heard ladyfaenya and spongity having tablets. better sit tight and wait for people who use them for some info.

i tried using one but... i'm too uncoordinated for it Cheesy

happy for you razza!

Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2007, 11:05:26 am »

I don't have one, Summer... I did pretend to steal Ladyfae's on multple occasions, though! XD I would love one, but I'm not sure what else I would use it for besides a few sim pictures, so I'm not sure it's worth the money for me. I think it would be worth it if I ever became more involved in graphic editing, because there's only so much you can do with a mouse ( for me, at least!). I think if you were planning on using it regularly, it would be worth the investment.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2007, 03:12:15 pm »

trying to delete my background with Adobe PhotoSHop and I can't , when ever I press the earser it brings up circle and I have to mauel do it, I just want to delete the background in one setting anyone know what I am doing wrong

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
Bosie

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2007, 06:26:17 pm »

Me2, with Photoshop, you have to use the wand tool to select the background and then press delete on your keyboard.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2007, 11:48:26 pm »

Quote from: Spongity;1076164
I don't have one, Summer... I did pretend to steal Ladyfae's on multple occasions, though! XD I would love one, but I'm not sure what else I would use it for besides a few sim pictures, so I'm not sure it's worth the money for me. I think it would be worth it if I ever became more involved in graphic editing, because there's only so much you can do with a mouse ( for me, at least!). I think if you were planning on using it regularly, it would be worth the investment.

ooohhh yeah! i forgot hehe

but spongity has a point, if you're gonna be using it a lot and not only for sim pictures then you should get it Cheesy

Me2

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2007, 02:02:53 pm »

can anyone do a tut on using gimp ,becuase it is very fustrating to me Sad i only have one box open and i am trying to use my sim and put it on a different background and what I am doing is not working.

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2007, 05:44:00 am »

There's already a tutorial about that in this thread. Smiley It's right here.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: