Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:37:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Tutorials/General Photo Editing links and advice  (Read 95216 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2007, 01:57:02 am »

Where can I get the Gimp?? what version I need??? I'm very confuse

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2007, 01:07:23 pm »

Here ya go, geezy.  :angel: (For Windows Users)

PoppieSkat
Site Santa!

Professional Masochist seeks Narcissist

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2007, 09:59:29 am »

Well I tired it on Serif PhotoPlus 9 as I dont have photoshop and this si the nearest I got to Glow effect, Any tips on getting it to look better?

I Tried again an et voila!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:43:15 am by Kanazuki no Miko » Logged

~Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness~
My Tiger is BETTER than YOUR tiger ... Its HUMONGOUS! ;P
charlotterose23

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2007, 08:13:48 pm »

I'm really glad that my tutorials have helped people. I tried to make them real easy to follow because I know how damn annoying it is when they are complicated! I wasn't insulting your intelligence I was just trying to help by making them easy to follow! LOL!

1st Place ~ ANMM
2nd Place ~ RTS, Miss F.A.T
3rd Place ~ Wedding Nightmare, Makeover Remmington, DTS, X-Men Academy, Imaginary Friend
[/COLOR][/FONT]
PoppieSkat
Site Santa!

Professional Masochist seeks Narcissist

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2007, 10:32:21 am »

Quote from: charlotterose23;881935
I'm really glad that my tutorials have helped people. I tried to make them real easy to follow because I know how damn annoying it is when they are complicated! I wasn't insulting your intelligence I was just trying to help by making them easy to follow! LOL!

Yes thanks for the tutorials because even though they arent for the same program you can still do it by just doing the same things lol

~Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness~
My Tiger is BETTER than YOUR tiger ... Its HUMONGOUS! ;P
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2007, 07:25:48 pm »

Update! I have changed the link - you need the Construction set professional 1 (which is shareware) not 3, which will put nasty DEMO watermark on your .gifs after the evaluation period is up.

Okay~ I am by no means an avatar making expert, but I have been asked how I made my animated avatars for "Little Miss Sunshine." This little tutorial should help understand the basics.

First, you will need a photo editing program and the GIF Construction set. I'm sure there are other animated gif making programs, but this is the one I know how to use, so that's what I wills how below. AND moving on~

Okay, First~ Make an avatar template. It should be no larger than 100x100 and you should save it in a file format that allows layers if you plan on doing anything with borders and such.

So here is a new 100x100 image I made in Photoshop 7. This will be the starting point. Obviously, I don't want to leave it blank, so let's give it some color and flare - be creative. If you want it to have a border, be sure to create it on a new layer so you can insert your new images between the background and the border.

So here we go~ No border, but it's not too shabby. Now we want to save this and reserve it as our template for making avatars. I saved mine as a .PSD file, if it has no layers, .JPG would be fine.

Okay, so now you need to open up whatever image you want to cut out and put on the avatar. It should have a plain background that is a different color from anything the sim is wearing. It will make the sim cut out MUCH easier. Here I have a pic I took when I was working on the Next Teen Model contest. This pic is really big, so I want to crop out the stuff I don't need first. Grab the selection tool that looks like a rectangle, and make a rectangle around the area you want to keep. Then, crop out the rest.

If you are using PSP, it should look kinda like that. After cropping it, you will want to resize the image to make it approximately 100x100 like your avatar template.

Make sure that you have "Constrain Proportions" checked, or something similar if you're using a different program (It might say something like "Maintain Aspect Ratio").

You will now want to select the entire image (CTRL-A) and then copy it (CTRL-C). Next, move over to your template and paste the image on as a new layer (CTRL-V).

You should now have something that looks like this. The image is completely covering the background of the template, but don't worry!

If you look at the layers tool, you will see that it is just on the layer above the background. We now want to cut out those white parts so that the background will show through!

Grab your magic wand tool, and select any area of white space (or whatever color your plain background of your image is. If you used a nice contrasting background, it should select the white area with pretty good accuracy. After selecting an area of white, press Delete to remove it.

If all goes smoothly, it should look something like this. If your image quality was a little rough, or the background color was kinda similar to the sim's hair or clothes, it might not have turned out right. If you need to, zoom in far enough that you can clearly see the sim, and cut out the background manually with the free selection tool.

Since I'm happy with how mine turned out, I'm going to choose SAVE AS from the file menu (NOT SAVE) and then choose CompuServe GIF (*.GIF) as my file type.

After saving it as a gif, close the file (if it prompts to save, say no) and re-open the un-changed original template. You can now re-use it to make the other frames of the animation. All frames for the animation must be saved as .GIF files! See what I did below~

It is now time to jump over to the GIF Construction set. This is where you will assemble the frames you made. The program might bug you about registering when you open and close it - give it a sec to let you click ok, and you will get to the main screen.

You will want to pull up the main menu and choose "Animation Wizard." The wizard will come up and will ask you a number of questions. You will want to choose the options I show in the animation below, I will go over these in detail. The wizard goes in the order from where I put START to where I put END.

*First choose Next
*Then choose "Yes, for use with a web page" and hit Next
*Then choose "Loop Indefinitely" and hit Next- If you do not choose this, it will only animate once, and then the page will have to be refreshed before you can see it animate again.
*Now choose "Matched to first Palette" and hit next. If you choose any other option it will make your gif images look SUPER CRAPPY!!
*It will then ask you what delay you want between the animations. I think 100 is pretty good, choose a smaller number to make it faster, or a larger number to make it slower. When you have picked, choose next.
*You have now reached the selection step. Click select and it will keep prompting you to choose .GIF files. Choose your GIF files in the order you want them to appear in the animation, and when you have them all. It will keep prompting for images, so just hit cancel, it will take you back to the wizard and you will see a list of the images you selected. Choose next.
*Now you're finished! Choose "Done"

It will show you something like this~

If you want to see how it animates, click the toolbar item that looks like sunglasses. If you are satisfied, close the animation it opened, and then go to File>Save. Save it with whatever file name and you're DONE!

You now have a spiffy animated avatar. Congratulations!

I've never made a tutorial before,  I hope this was easy to follow and understand. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I will clarify. Good luck!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 02:02:26 pm by pandasan » Logged
Faithluv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2007, 06:23:35 am »

Thanks pandasan! I was wondering how to make those. Smiley

1st place ~ A Swan to be...
2nd place ~ Big Daddy & Sim Dreams
3rd place ~ Raising Half a Dozen
Visit Topsims2 For Shannon And More!
Username Pr
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2007, 11:33:48 am »

I always use GIMP to animate. Smiley
Now all I'm wondering is how you make those backgrounds. Tongue (and borders)

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2007, 12:00:01 pm »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;887664
I always use GIMP to animate. Smiley
Now all I'm wondering is how you make those backgrounds. Tongue (and borders)

I've never used GIMP before, but I am pretty sure newer versions of Photoshop may be able to do animations (it might be an extra module in the Professional version of CS...)

I make my backgrounds using various paint brushes to make texture and patterns. If you look through this thread, there are links to some and I think a tutorial for converting PS brushes for GIMP too.
Im_Not_OK

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2007, 01:37:36 pm »

Charlotte, I tried out your tutorial, and this is what I got. I hope I did it right.

(Yeah, I live in Ireland, so i chose Stonehenge)

{{Fall Out Boy/Happy Tree Friends ~ The Carpal Tunnel Of Love}} Because Trace hates it xD
This is for Lola! Because we're proving Trace wrong!
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2007, 07:53:09 am »

You cannot use Photoshop to animate, you need ImageReady. And that's EASYPEASY to use for animations... Maybe I'll make a tut someday.

Pandasan: I would advice to cut out the white background BEFORE rezising the picture.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:06 am »

That's good advice^^ That's generally what I do, but my older version of PS is finiky.. if the picture I'm cutting out is the background layer (and only layer - as was the case of that pic in my example) once I cut it out, resize and attempt to copy it over the template, I paste it and have to cut it out all over again. I guess I should duplicate the layer before I cut it out or something.. that would make it easier... But if you use a hair and outfit that isn't REALLY detailed, it's usually easy to cut out with the magic wand whether it is big or tiny.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2007, 01:59:48 pm »

Yeah, duplicating the layer is the best way. I annoy the heck out of myself if there is even the tiniest speck of white (or other background color) left, so I remove everything Tongue

Is there ANYONE here that has Adobe ImageReady and that wants a tutorial on how to make animated avatars on it?

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
razzajazza

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2007, 01:22:58 am »

I would like one Mi-Chii!!  Also..... would you happen to know why mine will not load??? It used to.... but now it comes up with "error" when it is loading the colours.

~Razza's Picture Stuffz~
Updated Aug 10
[/COLOR][/B]ADD ME --> ~fLiCkR~ <-- ADD ME
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2007, 08:33:08 am »

to those who use photoshop can anyone answer this for me?

let's say i have this layer named "HUE" and the blending mode is "HUE" and the opacity is 40%. now i want to duplicate this as another layer. when i do this my new layer still has the blending mode "HUE" and opacity 40% instead of "NORMAL" and 100% respectively. i don't know why this is happening with my photoshop. but i noticed in tutorials that when i do that it's supposed to be "NORMAL" and 100%.

any thoughts? does this happen to you too? is it just my imagination that it's supposed to be normal and 100% when you duplicate a layer? or is there a special trick that you're supposed to do.

thanks Smiley it's really confusing me now.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: