Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:24:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Tutorials/General Photo Editing links and advice  (Read 95196 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2007, 09:11:05 am »

Summer, since you're duplicating the layer, the settings such as blend mode and opacity will stay the same. Duplicating a layer is just making a copy of it, nothing should change. Try duplicating the layer below the blend, or the layer that's just the photo. That's what I do.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2007, 09:38:08 am »

but what if what i want to duplicate is what the blending mode is doing to the layer AND THEN add another beldning mode on top of it? because i followed a tutorial and that's what it's implying is suppose to happen Sad

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Faithluv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2007, 08:22:30 pm »

Hopefully someone can answer my question here. I use Gimp so if anyone has ran through this problem please help me fix it. The other day I was using my Gimp for a mini task and I copied and pasted my sim onto another background and everything went fine until I tried to do a completely different mini task where I tried to do the same thing, copy and paste on a different background. This time when I used the fuzzy select and tried to take the original background go away it turned white instead of the original gray box thing it does. I couldn't get it to go back the way it was before and it has never done this before. So does anyone know how to fix it and I hope you guys understand what I am talking about. lol It is quite hard explaining when someone isn't right there looking at your screen with you. lol

1st place ~ A Swan to be...
2nd place ~ Big Daddy & Sim Dreams
3rd place ~ Raising Half a Dozen
Visit Topsims2 For Shannon And More!
Username Pr
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2007, 12:12:36 am »

Summer, do you mean you want two different layers with different blend modes effecting the same layer? (sorry, that sentence made no sense...) For example, for a lot of my pics I take layer 1 (the un-edited picture), duplicate it (layer 2), and set the blend mode to screen. I then duplicate layer 1 again (layer 3), and move it above layer 2, and set the blend mode to overlay. That creates two different effects on the same image.
Sorry if that's not what you're asking about, and if it didn't make any sense... maybe it would help if you linked to the tutorial you're talking about?

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2007, 12:57:48 am »

^^ what you said made sense Cheesy but not what i was babbling about hehe.

let's say...

i have this layer called ORIGINAL i duplicate that and name the layer to COPY. i did blending mode stuff to it and opacity stuff too (to COPY). then what i want is to duplicate COPY and have a different blending mode done to it. is there a way to do that? like i want to duplicate the layer the WAY IT LOOKS but i want to make the next layer have a normal blending mode and 100% opacity.

guess what? as i am typing that i realized how to do it. Smiley i have to copy as in select the entire layer using the rectangular marquee, right click then choose layer via copy. this will actually duplicate how the layer looks but the blending mode will be reset to normal. *sigh* i confuse myself sometimes. sorry for this. i hope someone finds this useful though.

haha.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 01:03:55 am by summer_wine » Logged

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2007, 04:51:42 am »

Lol, I'm glad you worked it out Summer!

3Alissa, I think that you need to have a layer underneath your pic to get the grey 'invisible' part when you use the fuzzy select. (has a tiny tutorial-part about how to do that somewhere around page 2 or 3)

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Faithluv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2007, 04:56:20 am »

Thanks I guess I must of been extremely tired when trying to do it. I forgot to do the other steps. lol Silly me.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:01:18 am by Faithluv » Logged

1st place ~ A Swan to be...
2nd place ~ Big Daddy & Sim Dreams
3rd place ~ Raising Half a Dozen
Visit Topsims2 For Shannon And More!
Username Pr
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2007, 02:23:21 pm »

I use brushes I find at Deviant Art. I only have PS7, so sometimes I don't find quite as much stuff as I'd like, but it works out. ImageReady rocks my socks, Mi-Chii...It's gotten me SO addicted to make avatars. I am curious how you do yours...I have trouble getting layers right so I can compress the file small enough to have more than 3 frames. I'm wondering if I need to break the .psd up...I did all my MM avvies in the same .psd. Each picture had it's own layer, and each name had it's own text layer...There were around 40 contestants, so that was at least 80 layers.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 02:25:23 pm by Kielen » Logged

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2007, 09:44:58 pm »

when i make my avies i save them as .gif then just put the new pictures and text on the same layers. that way the placement is uniform and not too many layers.

i love imageready too! now i can make my own avatars. i just made one with ami from miami ink and it rocks! Smiley

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2007, 07:54:56 am »

Can anyone help me I have CS3 and I'm trying to do the sharpening thing, but for some reason there's no overlay option...?
Medagic

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2007, 06:28:30 pm »

I am new to Paint.NET and it seems like only there are a few of us here that use it so I want you to make some tutorials for it show us what you know and what you'd like to know.
My Tutorial-
1-If you use the text button you can choose a color,size and style of writing and you put it where you want and it will blend in with the photo(does not turn the surrounding of the photo any other color)
2-If you have the new version of it when you go to Effects-Softness you can make it more different maybe lighten or darken without messing anything up in the photo.
3-To make it look more better you can use things like-
Effects->Relief  Effects->Red Eye Removal    Effects->Pencil Sketch    Effects->Outline  etc.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
natalie4tkd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2007, 08:16:12 am »

Quote from: charlotterose23;811394
Hope they helped! xXx

Your tutorials will help me so much...
They're on the subjects that have been my downfall in contests.

Thank you X Millions Smiley

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life"- Muhammed Ali
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2007, 07:15:40 am »

Kielen, I make a new for every contestant. Say, you make your base: Background, text layers (one for name, one for contest name i.e.). Then you add the picture, change the text layers, change backgorund color if you want that, and then take it into imageready and animate it. Then go back to photoshop, delete the picture layer, take in the next pixture, change the text again, change background color, take it into imageready... Over and over til you're done with all the contestants. Got it? Wink

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2007, 11:35:55 am »

Quote from: Mi-chii;919099
Kielen, I make a new for every contestant. Say, you make your base: Background, text layers (one for name, one for contest name i.e.). Then you add the picture, change the text layers, change backgorund color if you want that, and then take it into imageready and animate it. Then go back to photoshop, delete the picture layer, take in the next pixture, change the text again, change background color, take it into imageready... Over and over til you're done with all the contestants. Got it? Wink

that's what i do too! Cheesy

Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2007, 08:10:17 pm »

ROFL!! Well...that would makes sense. Smiley Rather than saving an 80 layer .psd.. Tongue

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: