Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:11:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Damian  (Read 6249 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2006, 01:23:04 pm »

Meet Damian a contestant, and second place winner, in the Drop Dead Gorgeous – Sexiest Male Vampire contest. Since I wrote the rounds in story mode I thought it would nice to share it in the Sims Stories section! In case if anyone doesn't keep up with the contests. This is a story close to my heart so please respect me and don't repost this story anywhere else as your own.

Without no further a due here is Damian!

My present name is Damian. That is all you are entitled to. My full name? Well I would have to drain you of excessive sanguine fluids for that. Do you still wish to know my name? I did not think so. I was paid rather generously by a certain someone to tell you humans something about myself. I don't actually need the money but perhaps it will be liberating for the mind.
Where to begin? I was given birth to about 4000 years ago on the island of Crete. Fascinated by the vastness of the ocean, I became a seaside merchant. That was until I met her, fair in stature and the clearest blue eyes one had ever seen. I fell hard and fast. We got married and my solitary journey had trickled to a halt as we settled in our new life. Our happy tale declined from there though; maybe it was partially my fault. I'd left to head inlands for a few months to stock up for winter by selling coastal goods. I returned later just before the harsh months set in to find my village burning before my very eyes. I fiercely rode to the blazing ruins and everywhere I looked there was scorched blood, crackling ruins and corpses still twitching on the burnt ground. Feeling sick to my stomach I galloped to our home or what remained of it. I begged the gods that she was safe and alive. I found her clinging onto life under the rubble; the image was etched into my mind for good as well as her last words 'I will see you soon.'
  To say I hated my existence would have been mild. Fury encompassed my body and like of old, I vowed to avenge her, whatever it took. I traveled the lands in search of the barbarians, instead I found a man who claimed that he could deliver that promise but in return I had to give up my soul. At the time my mind was bent on revenge and I didn't care. I agreed. The transition was a painful one. However he kept his end of the bargain and mine was ripped from me. With my new found strength and powers, I quickly got scent the bastards left behind. It wasn't difficult to track them. The blood was satisfying at the time; my wife's murderers were dead. It should have been more fulfilling knowing I had been their destroyer, but a bloodlust was born in its wake. I hungered for more souls to replenish my own. It wasn't for another century till I realized my monstrosities. Determined, I decided to atone for my sins. I slowed my hunger, never killing anyone while hunting down my own kind who enjoyed spreading our disease like a cancer and leaving nothing but misery and death as a token of gratitude. That has been my quest so far, it is a mobius I know, but it keeps my mind occupied while I search for her...

As I walked out of the Insimenator interview, the past memories relentlessly flooded my mind. It had been a while since I had thought about the past. No. That wasn't it; I forced myself to not remember such topics.
I think that it was time to give Her another visit; it's been over two centuries since I had seen her last and it was well overdue unfortunately.
The telephone call last week seemed almost surreal.
“Hello, Damian I have a slight favor of you. Go to the Insimenator contest and give them your story, when you are done come and visit me.” There was no reason to ask who it was, I already knew and She wasn't inviting me over, it was a command that I could choose to refuse but lose so much in the process.
Now here I stood in front of a house, in amongst the wilderness of a continent wallowing in manmade creations. From the exterior the mansion would seem almost nothing out of the ordinary, it was modern yet had touches of the past. The interior on the other hand, is nothing close to normal; as soon as the door opens you are immediately assaulted with the stench of death, perhaps invisible to the mortal but almost suffocating to anyone else, even animal. To say it was a creepy place would have gentle and kind, terrifying and nerve-wracking would describe it better. Upon entering the large home or whatever it was, I walked to the den, through hallways and corridors. She was seated as usual in her seemingly comfortable throne next to a water feature surrounded by her followers at her feet and just as lovely as she was when I met her 200 years ago. I couldn't call them followers, to me they were either slaves or pets, and most of them weren't human either.

“Welcome to my lovely abode. It has been a while, Damian. Do come and sit down and tell me of your travels.” Her voice was honey, I disliked hearing that tone, it was usually reserved for prey and vampires are not prey, not to her kind anyway. Ignoring her invitation, I cut to the chase.  “Tell me why I had to participate in that purposeless contest and why you summoned me here.” Her pleasant features faltered for a fraction of a second but long enough for me to notice.
“I asked you a favor, you were not forced into the contest and it isn’t silly, silly, it was merely a way for me to get to know you better.” After saying this she puts up an adorable pout. “You never tell me anything.” She was trying my patience...
“Witch, enough of your riddles, tell me your purpose.”
“Now, now love no need for name calling now is there?’
I glared at her with purposeful and imposing eyes that promised much pain if she didn't do as I asked. She was probably one of the few if not the only person who wasn't afraid of me when I used that look. All the reaction I received from Her was a Gallic shrug of her delicate shoulders. “Very well, you are no fun. I have found her.”
Again no need for explanations for I knew she meant my wife, I had been waiting for her to be reborn to mend past mistakes and now it was time! I couldn’t believe it. “You mean she is being born now or has she already been born?”
“She is 20 years old at this moment.”
“Tell me where she is then.”
“I cannot.” I did not like that answer and she saw it.
“You…cannot?”
“Sweet peas, you know I don’t do anything for free.” She purrs with a matching expression, the roles had been reversed before I knew it; I was no longer on equal footing as she knew of my desperation to find my wife and used it as leverage against me to achieve her own goals. I couldn't afford to be stubborn at this time not when I am so close. I sighed,
“Fine, what do you want?”
“The whole story, I want to delve into your memories and see you for who you really are.”
“And what would you gain from doing that?”
“You could almost call it a high school love, the kind that doesn't work out and you know why. You can’t blame a girl for wanting to know more about the love of her life, now can you?”
“I don’t love you.” I said flatly.
“Yeah, yeah I know.” Her face crumbled slightly at my harsh statement but I didn't want her to get the wrong impression, it lead to so many more complications and she was the closest description to an ally. To soften the blow I relented by nodding agreeing to her terms, maybe she would regret her actions but She doesn't regret much, regardless of how awful.
“Very well.” Then narrowing my eyes,
 She glided towards me gently swaying her hips from side to side it was rather hypnotic. But I wasn’t truly attracted to her, besides I didn’t even know what she was. She moved in close enough that I could feel her warm breath caressing my face.
“What are you doing?”
“Why, kissing you off course.” She says seductively.
“That’s not part of the deal.” I should have seen it, anyone would have. There was something wrong with this I just haven't figured it out yet.
“Yes, it is. How do you suppose I am to see inside of you? Put a finger to the forehead and say 'Hmm... oh.' …There are other alternatives, but I figure you wouldn’t want to do them.”
“Fine, do what you need to do.” I was not about to sleep with her that was guaranteed, kissing her seemed the lesser evil from my point of view but it was still rather intimate for my liking. I didn't even know the true extent of her powers; there was hardly a trace of her in the books.
Her eyes reminded of my own when I hunt, she was staring intently in my eyes as if trying to mesmerize me and if I was human I probably would have been, but of course I was not and so she was having a difficult time trying to accomplish such feat.
“Fine you want it that way then have it that way, I didn’t want to hurt you but since you are being stubborn I’ll give you the full ride.”
All of a sudden she grabbed me by the neck. At first I thought she was going to bite me, which would be very interesting but all she did was kiss me, a touch of lips so delicate that if I closed my eyes I could have easily mistaken her for a woman in love. But that feeling was gone as soon as a wave of sadness came crashing through me and I was not in her house anymore, I was staring at the flames that ate away at my village instead. The misery and despair that I felt cannot be described. But they could not be compared to the agony I felt as I screamed my anguish at the gods cursing and loathing them for the undeserving fate of the woman in my arms.

The pain shifted to deep hate in a short pace of time, all I could feel was the wind and rain on my face as I ran my horse to the point of exhaustion to track down the bastards that had taken all I had ever wanted from me. Hate, so much hate, it was consuming me.
That’s when I saw him standing there in the shadows with a small smirk on his face; I am still not sure as to how I spotted him and how he knew what I wanted without talking of it. All I know is that the next thing my horse is gone and I am embracing the man ready to take my mortal coil of life for a chance at revenge. He tells me then that he understands and that he was going to give me a guaranteed success on my vendetta, but at the price of my soul.

Even if I had been fully aware, I wouldn’t have cared regardless of how permanent and damaging it was. At that moment I was certain he could hear my thoughts because he laughed a sinister laugh as he lowered his head and pierced my neck with teeth sharper than any natural predator. My life was literally being drained from me painfully; I could hear his throat work as he swallowed my sanguine fluids.
 I woke up under dirt and uncontrollable thirst struck me. I felt that I had been thirsty for so long and it meant so much to me that I couldn’t stop. Having one of her murderer was not enough I had to have all of them; my rage fuelled my bloodlust to further heights. It made it so much more satisfying to be eating these bastards.

When I eventually came to my senses, I was staring down at a lovely young face over the bloody body of another being. She was so beautiful, she was also very little and she looked like my wife.
“Mister, are you ok?”
Ok? How could I be? I looked around me and there were bodies strewn all around me, some of them not in one piece. I had just slaughtered the whole village and I was staring down at a young child who I more than likely had ruined the life of.

All I could do was collapse to my knees and pray, begging that I would be strong enough to live and not kill anymore. Even though the praying hurt I felt better. And if I felt pain then that meant that I was more of myself again.

My memory's rollercoaster then leaped to that painful day of Margarete's funeral. I had raised her after I had killed everyone she knew. I raised her as my daughter, she never blamed me for what I'd done she understood. She died, as a human should, of old age. I refused to turn her into a monster. I tried not to think of it as the 60 years flew by but the painful time of farewell had arrived and I could not cheat it.

As I lay a flower on her grave I vowed to not to let myself feel so much again until I was reunited with my wife. That way I wouldn't hurt so much while I waited for her. It was a cowardly move on my part, I know. Who would choose an immortal existence of just torture when there was an alternative?
The next few hundred years passed in a blur of fights and bloody necks.
 I lived for the blood and the rush of the fights against those who chose to give in to their hunger and kill the innocent with joy.

The humans were sheep, food, but I also felt obligated to keep them safe, it was almost ironic, the wolf guarding the sheep. You shouldn't hurt your food if it’s not necessary.
In my search for my wife’s rebirth place I traveled a lot. I was part of so many historical events that it wasn't funny. But I didn’t feel like it was really anything, I was empty and numb inside. I was surviving, eating just as I was about to pass out, sleeping the days away fighting the nights out.
I felt nothing, the nights were just nights, and the cities were just places that I crossed by in my blindness, desperate and almost impossible search. Until one day in a little unknown village in Africa. I met Her; I was told that She could tell me something.
Again the smell of the place was not pleasant but it was an indescribable smell as if it didn’t belong to this world and time and never would. All I could think of was “death”. To walk through the door was like pushing some kind of barrier that once breached you could never go back unless she decided to let you go. She was beautiful; in fact I wasn’t sure whether that was my thought or something she had planted in my mind, but nevertheless beautiful. She told me, with a husky and mysterious voice, that I would indeed find my wife, but not without her aid. She wasn’t sure where she was going to be born yet but the night would come. The numbness that I had almost learned to treasure for so long had begun to thaw and in its place an almost unbearable ache remained, spreading through every inch of me. The next 200 years were miserable to say the least. It went by so slowly that I thought I was going insane. Every cursed night was spent by hunting and/or trying to get rid of the evidence of the revenant vampires who were always so careless. Since times had vastly changed, law officials would cause a huge fuss about the corpses if they were discovered.

The burning at the stake was a thing of the past but I’m terrified of what would happen if we were caught in the act of feeding. I have yet to meet a vampire that foolish but I'm sure there is always a first time.
I came to myself again, and the first thing I noticed was the smell that was so awful but also so familiar. My face was wet I could feel it. I wrenched my eyes open and she gingerly touched my face and she pulled her fingertips back soaked with the scarlet tears known to my race.

I looked at Her; at her features, an expression so stunned that it almost made me smile. She whispered painfully.
“You truly love her, don’t you?”
I just gazed back at her with what at the time, I’m sure would have been a pitiful and vulnerable look. The memories were still raw and I don't think I would ever face them not without her. The trickle of sorrows running down my face refused to cease and I didn't deny them. I had never questioned Fate, everything that happens happened for a reason and I was sure there was a reason for me being a monster. I didn’t have to like it. Just accept it as it was already out of my capabilities to try and remedy such pasts. She visibly shook herself and finally regained her beautiful almost apathetic self again.
“I will tell you where she is then, but be prepared. You will not like it much, and if you believe in Fate so much maybe this will change your perceptions on such matters.”
My head swam with the knowledge that she was so close and yet so distant. I stepped out of Her house to clear my thoughts and the now overwhelming stench of death, the crisp, fresh air brought some measure of comfort as I mulled over the conversation she had enlightened me with; an uneasy feeling blooming in my gut.
“I will tell you where she is then, but be prepared. You will not like it much, and if you believe in Fate so much maybe this will change your perceptions on such matters.”
It did not seem like a riddle, although she enjoyed playing such games with me, but rather a forewarning of a situation that is inevitable at the pace I set myself. She told me that my wife was held captive by a rogue vampire in a borderline obscure hideout in Paris. It was all I needed to know. Or so I thought. Maybe I was too hasty in my excitement. I had not understood what she meant about my wavering faith in Fate but it was not on my priorities list at the moment. I would figure it out once my problems were resolved. My current priority was to release my wife from the rogue at any cost; I had run across a few rogue vampires in my existence, okay maybe a little more than few. They were the thorns in my side and I will tell you why. They wreak havoc and destruction with the touch of their fingertips like the touch of Midas but they do not leave gold behind, instead they leave gore, despair and broken souls in place. Taking lives was something I never relished as it wasn’t mine to decide. We are not God although many of the ancient vampires will disagree. Since the rogue ones think alike, their usual Modus Operandi was to utilize revenants or the newly risen undead as bait or toys, while the older and wiser ones would manipulate from the murky shadows. Some of the more foolish younger rogues were arrogant and mesmerize humans for daylight missions, this is often erratic acts on the vampire’s half, as vampires are usually very proud beings who loathe to depend on their food supply for something as crucial as keeping them from turning to ash at the sight of sun.
I, myself, have personally never trusted anyone to take care of me. I have trekked in solitude, living amongst the silent dead and cemeteries are wonderful homes I must admit. It is uncommon for anyone to bother you there. It is almost ironic that I keep the dead company.

(stalking the cemeteries at night)

I could never settle down in one area, I was a nomadic for the majority, if not all of my vampiric ‘life’. It irks me how the younger vampires tolerate or crave the mistreatment bestowed upon them from the elder vampires. To cut a long anecdote short, I am an abhorration amongst my kind as I hunt down the undead who abuse their strength in an attempt to atone for my own crimes in the past. The vampires I observe in the present day have this dangerous notion that we are the top of the food chain and are practically invincible. If this were true, then that would be arrogance on their part and will be their Achilles’ heel. I have managed to survive so far by constantly reminding myself that as any being, immortal or mortal, if they need food of any type then they are not the best because some sort of symbiotic relationship exists. Once one half is gone then all that is left for the other half to wither away and starve. Not many acknowledge this slight flaw in their design.

The witch had seen an old cemetery and she described it to the best of her abilities. Fortunately enough, I knew of which one she spoke of. It was not a bad hideout it made a decent fighting ground as there were many large tombstones or oubliettes to shelter behind and was spaced out at a reasonable distance. My instant thought was that the rogue who had my wife was not a fool and not a youth either. I arrived at the final resting place for most humans who were graced with an honorable death, for the most part. The familiar scent of blood filled my nose and I knew a welcoming party waiting around the corner. I was correct in that assumption.

A group of five or six underlings ambushed me with a lack of skill and coordination and tried to make up for it in overconfidence. The rogue had underestimated me or this was an underlying insult that he or she thought that I was not worth their attention. Now, another survival tactic I had learned over the ages to aid me was baser in nature and that was to master weapons. I mastered the sword, so I carried a well concealed silver blade on me at all times. A few minutes later, the lackeys were incapacitated but not vanquished although my blade still craved their deaths.

I warily headed towards a catacomb surrounded by a scent that reminded me of Her and was met with a set of double doors in the center of the graveyard, I heard a set of footsteps lightly stepping up the stairs and the last being I ever expected to see greeted my gaze as he calmly strode out with a cruel smirk sitting on his face. I never discovered his name as he drained my life’s fluids then buried me under some promiscuous barn after promising my vengeance.
He stood there leaning against the door and to say that something dreadful lay in wait was obvious.

“Well, well. Look what the witch dragged in.” He chuckled. “It’s been a while.”
“I wish I could say it was long enough. Please do not tell me you are the head of this city?” I drawled.
“The vampires were without a leader and I could not allow such atrocities to go by unattended.” He replied as he apathetically stared down at the fallen vampires and tipped the head of one with his shoe.

“Have you come to swear allegiance to me, your master?”
“You forfeited all rights entitled to a master when you discarded me so long ago. Tell me where she is.” I demanded and his eyes glinted strangely in the moonlight.
“Who do you speak of?” He asked innocently and vampires are not innocent. I drew my sword out in front of me, pointing it at him.
“Do not act the ignorant citizen, you very well know that I talk of my wife. You saw that when you…”
“When I killed you? Do not forget this, Damian. You were the one craved such damnation.” He smiled and I lowered my sword.
“Yes, yes. Enough of the idle conversation; give me my wife. I know she is your captive.” The smile becomes wider and tries in vain to give me his best guiltless face.
“Moi? Keeping someone against their will? That is a monstrous act, I am not that heartless. Nobody is kept here as a prisoner.” My stomach tightened almost painfully.
“What the hell do you mean?” I growled.
“Sweetheart, come out and meet a dear friend of mine.” He called out behind him. Heavy, trudging steps dragged themselves out of the tomb and it was my wife. I felt the beginnings of a joy that I hadn’t experienced in centuries then was shattered to a million pieces as I comprehended the blank, hungry stare in her eyes. My joy morphed to a full blown horror and it escaped my lips as I screamed my misery.

“NNNOOOOOO!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!”
“Oh. You mean this…?” He trailed his fingers around her neck and I barely contained my rage, my fists clenched and the biting pain drew me back to rationality.
“It was an experiment that didn’t have the desired outcome.” He answered objectively then laughed at my sickened expression. He knew what I thought.

My wife, or what scraps I was shown was now an animated corpse but not the same as me. It was the type that had no reasoning capabilities, just driven by an insatiable hunger for human flesh, a ghoul. This was the second time I had encountered such demons. I had prayed till I could stand no more that it would be the last time. Nothing humane resided in the body. They could only be slain after multiple dismembering of limbs and the physical removal of the heart from the body then burning the heart.
“No no no no no no no…” I chanted brokenly as if it was a nightmare and it was except that I could not wake from the terror.
“Isn’t she lovely?” He with a viscous layer of sarcasm and malice as he wrapped his arms around her waist, cradling her like a lover would and then continued to kiss her in front of me.

“This one is no longer yours to claim.” Leaning down to whisper in her ear I heard him,
“Love, could you do me a favor and kill him? You can eat his flesh if it is to your liking.”

“Food…" She says.
He smirked glancing up at me then left, leaving me alone with the ghoul he had created. Ghouls only obeyed one master and that was the one who either summoned or made them. A very dangerous weapon in the wrong hands. So now as I stood in front of Lilly, I was forced to make a decision and both of them were heinous. Either I allowed her to eat me and temporarily sate her appetite while maintaining the remnants of my sanity or literally rip out the heart of the only woman I had ever loved in my life and perhaps be driven to insanity.

You enquire about my state of humanity or mayhap my lack thereof? I have deliberated over the issue a few times; however the answers always remained the same and that was with more questions. The definition set by humanity in which the majority will concur to, is to treat both humans and animals with compassion, consideration, and to soothe their insecurities or fears. Although, I find that the majority of humans are not as humane as they claim, sometimes they can be more monstrous than the demons of Hades themselves. Here lay the crux of the topic, I suppose: are vampires bound to this array of decrees because of our past lives that made our hearts beat? In some sense, I feel obligated to adhere to them but as I mentioned before, it is not a subject I reflect on till I choke on it. To have existed as long as I have, you sacrifice the pretence of being a human and accept the more obscure side of the undead, because that is all you have been left with.
As the ghoul stares at me with a blank, ravenous expression I speculate how inhumane I truly am. Is it acceptable to fight the one you love to certain death? Of course not. Is it acceptable to fight to the death with a loved one who was once human? I think it to be a very grey area. Her blood stained teeth snarled at me and that was all the warning I was given before she lunged at me almost quicker than the vampire eye.

Still conflicted and perplexed, I barely raised a defense in time from her death grasp. Her humanity had long vanished into the murky depths of the past and that is a fault of mine as I must have subconsciously or stubbornly compared her to my own memories of her.
My mind screamed a thousand questions that had pessimistic responses. Must I kill her? Could I accomplish such act? Perhaps this is what the witch had forewarned in regards to doubting my faith. Could I fight my faith? Yes. She had been my pillar for the hopes of a blissful future together. As I fend off her assaults and trying to keep the damage to a minimum, my brain struggled to obtain a solution to this heinous duel and was continuously met with frustration and desperation.
My rage quickly simmered to a boil as one thought finally dawned. How dare he toy with lives to his amusement knowing it would cause suffering to others. The ancient vampires often performed such atrocities without truly thinking of the carnage left afterwards or rather they enjoyed watching the crimson sanguine spilled on the ground. It would be so simple to just surrender to the coaxing whisper and be done with it, conforming to the society of undead but I wanted to be out of the ordinary and the battle had been won. I have salvaged more humanity than they ever would and could.
Talking to her was futile as her replies had been infuriated screams and it pained me to listen to them. I noticed her battle moves were disjointed and almost stiff, I tried convincing myself that she could hear me but could not fully comprehend my sentences. They say the eyes are gateways to the soul because they momentarily cleared. Remnants of their humanity stayed with the newer ghouls and all I saw was disgust with what she had turned into and the desolation of not being able to accomplish anything.

Time hardly favored anyone, I was no different, this duel could not last for an eternity and what little hope I clung to slipped through my fingers. An agonized scream was torn from my throat as my left hand plunged inside her chest, feeling the cold tissue slide past my fingers and the ribs snapping, tearing my skin.

It was all relative though as the emotional trauma consumed my whole being instead; if I had not been a vampire or an undead, my heart would have ceased to beat and I would have welcomed such demise with open arms. I retracted my arm with my hand cradling her slimy black heart as fluids darker than normal blood dripped off my elbow. The sound of her heart being ripped out had been nauseating to bear; the arteries tore off and had made a wet, slurping sound as if the body tried to keep the most vital organ of its existence. Looking up from the heart, I glanced up at Lilly’s face. Serenity had replaced the desperation, a forgiving expression for the sin I had just committed.

She slowly dropped to her knees and my throat constricted as a sob escaped. Clenching my teeth, I began the process of shredding the life muscle into microscopic pieces and gave in to the fury forgetting all that which kept me sane and humane all these millennia.

I drowned myself in the demon that I should have become. My memories of this night scorched itself permanently in the banks of my mind; all I recall now is stirring to a room filled with torn flesh, the walls splashed with a scent I had come to loathe. Bringing myself to my knees, I cursed the day I was ever conceived into this disease ridden world. I was tired of being of everything I despised.

After what must have been some time, I stood and heavily trudged to the door, leaving crimson footprints behind. The sun would rise soon, as I felt it drawing dangerously near below the horizon. If I was to make it out of this alive then it had to be fast. However, my priorities have somewhat shifted and making it out alive of this tragedy did not seem as important anymore. Then a pleased, male arrogant voice rings out behind me,
“Damian, you’ve done a most excellent job! Couldn’t have done it better myself personally, although I could have survived without the melodramatics.’ I could not determine where the voice was coming from.
“It’s such a shame you have to die… you would have been a powerful partner or at least ally.” As I pinpointed his location, three bullets were fired and all three landed in my chest. A burning sensation spread through me and knew they were silver bullets, hysterical laughter bubbled up past my lips before I coughed up blood. He saved me from the searing sunlight to three pieces of metal instead.

“Thank you for preventing me from committing another sin.” I replied sardonically. “It was a little messier than I had planned originally but it will have to suffice.” Stumbling to my knees, he slid out of the shadows and came to stand over my dying shell with a cool, impassive expression.
The man was a vampire and not a hunter, in which I had hoped for. As soon as I saw him, I knew I had been played the fool in their petty game.
“The rumors surrounding you about being like the meat was true. Were you actually going to walk out and meet the sun? No wonder they want you off the list. Could you imagine with you strutting around and having the humans think we were all like you, sir bleeding heart?” His tone was rich with disdain. I guess he answered my question on whether I was humane or not. It seems trivial now but I do not care.
“Oh yeah, and thanks for taking care of the rogues. You killed two birds with the one stone.” As he gave me one last glance, an unusually happy expression sat on his face like he was the cat with the cream. Whenever you see such emotion on a vampire’s face, it meant trouble and that was that.
“Au revoir Damian! May you have sweet dreams.” He vanished into the shadows again leaving me to face the soon dawning nova. My wounds were not healing fast enough as I could not walk and did not want to drag myself to safety, there was no point.

It had been a fair few years since I had seen the sun and I eagerly awaited the sweet catharsis. I laughed again realizing that I accept what fate brings me too well. I could see the glowing crimson over the border, gently washing away the night’s slaughter to dust. Closing my eyes, I waited patiently, ignoring the physical pain. The farce of my existence had finally drawn to an end.
‘You may accept Fate, love, but I do not.’ The voice seemed femininely ethereal to my fading ear as I felt myself being lifted by something unknown. I wanted to struggle against the bonds that raised me up but I had lost too much blood. I could not even speak to protest. The temperate deadly rays faded and that was all I could remember.

"You are a cruel one, Fate. You can't simply just allow such beauty to be winked out of existence, can you? Lucky me, I never followed you like a lamb to the slaughterhouse."  Said Her with a beautiful and yet deadlly voice.

The End

Hope you liked it! And please leave comments I would love to hear your responses...but be nice ok? :lol:

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 01:53:11 pm »

I really liked it.  Very sad, but well written.  Brava!

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 04:02:32 pm »

well done story pretty graphic but it wouldn't have been the same without it hope you do another one soon

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 04:47:07 pm »

Thank you! That means a lot!

~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:28:22 pm »

*stands up and applauds*

Thank you for posting this here!
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:05:51 pm »

cool! I like it :grin:
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:26:46 pm »

Thank you guys!

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:01:13 pm »

I love your story!!!! The pics are GREAT!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
ferret9005

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 12:44:19 pm »

awesome story!
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 11:43:18 am »

hehe Smiley Thank you!

Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 12:06:26 pm »

you´re nominated for "best cinematography" now, great shots, I love the second one, with all the water.

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
Sein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 11:22:15 pm »

The was the best use of props and setting I've ever seen.

You're my storytelling hero!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more" - Henry David Thoreau

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: