Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:16:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: "Shower-Proof" Skins for the Barbie Bodybuilder Mesh  (Read 196108 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2006, 06:19:54 pm »

O.K. I have downloaded the slimmer bodybuilder mesh. My question is, do the showerproof skins work with the SB or just the BB mesh(es) or both? Thanks in advance.

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2006, 06:52:58 pm »

Never mind....My hubby explained it to me

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
xK-la

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2006, 12:10:06 am »

Thanks for sharing these.

Teen Diva Karine - 3rd Place
Mike141

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2007, 09:13:03 pm »

thank you! but where are allenbbq's hairy bb skins? i thought they weren't out yet!:dontknow:

recently on insimadult, under allenbbq's forum, i asked about it and he said they weren't out yet because he was having trouble with the mesh, but here a much older thread, you say they're out!

GAH! i'm so confused Sad

OH!!! you just made that one white skin hairy color! Well maybe you can give Allen some advice because he's been working on making all his sets in a BB version. Maybe your help can be a great help Smiley
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:17:51 pm by Mike141 » Logged

:notsmili:
carl0001

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2007, 03:30:06 am »

With these I will got more fun in game playing
DevilDog

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2007, 02:49:47 pm »

cool body shape.  ill have to make a self sim now.
macthekat

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2007, 08:22:17 am »

Thanks! I Love it
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2007, 02:03:47 pm »

ara pacis - what you can do to make them more "Pets Friendly" is start Body Shop and copy the files as new projects - this should enter the parts= and priority= information that Pets uses.

I have been informed that some people with Pets EP are unable to get any shower-proof skintone to work. :sad5:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
cwurts00

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2007, 02:02:13 pm »

I was wondering if these bodybuilder meshes can be altered in Milkshape.  Maybe I missed the obvious, but I can't figure out which file to import or if I have to create it in Simpe.

I want to do with the bodybuilder mesh the same thing I did to the maxis mesh -- scale all the vertices individually by joint.  I tried a 0.7 scale mesh and a 1.5 scale mesh, and they both look pretty realistic, so I wanted to have a similar variety for the bodybuilder mesh.

Another thing I would like to do is find a way to morph the bodybuilder mesh and the maxis mesh.  I mean, take the maxis mesh and gradually morph it into the bodybuilder mesh, and export new meshes at 10%, 20%, etc.  That way I'd have different levels of muscularity too.  Does milkshape have a tool for this?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2007, 02:22:11 pm »

unfortunately no - the sort of morphing you are describing is something that would require a more sophisticate software like Poser - as you would make the stages - you would have to save the "magnets" which are morphing instructions.

If you do this in MilkShape 3D it will be labour intensive and not much fun.

Not wanting pee in your Cheerios, but it would have been nice if you asked permission to use Marvine & my meshes for your project :sad5:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
cwurts00

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2007, 10:20:10 pm »

There's a question I've been wanting to ask ever since I tried using these meshes in the game.  How do you get a "simulated nude" - so the sim will walk around naked while not in the shower.  Not that I want this - what I want is a bit more complicated, so let me explain.  I want my sim to be the same size and shape in regular clothes as he is in the shower.  But how do I do this?  I know it works fine if you create a sim in CAS, because you select all the oufits manually; but what if your sim has children who inherit his genetic skintone (imagine I have 50 different body shapes in my game, and all are inheritable through a linked skintone).  When the children grow up, I believe the game will select outfits for the sim automatically, and they won't necessarily pick the outfits that match the body shape the sim is supposed to inherit.  So he will look different in the shower than when in casual clothes.  This is what bugs me - children will inherit the genetic skintone and body shape, but they will not exhibit this trait outside the shower.  I know I could have them buy new outfits, but this will be difficult if I have the number of body shapes that I want to include, since some of them will be hard to tell apart.

I'm trying desperately to get around this problem.  I've researched, I've learned how to mesh, I've studied Simpe.  I have a feeling somebody out there knows how to do this, but I just can't find the answer.

I read a tutorial called "Theo's something or other" which taught me that you can link a hairstyle to a formal outfit, and this got me thinking about possiblities.  

I downloaded your wristwatches, and I thought it might be possible to link every category of outfit to the "face" only, and make an accessory the only part of an outfit.  Then you could make a "shirt" as an accessory mesh which overlays the nude mesh.  In this case, would the nude mesh show up underneath, or would it disappear?

This problem is driving me crazy.  The prospect of genetically determined body shapes would make the game so much better.  I've got all the stuff I need for it -meshes, linked skintones, etc - but the game just doesn't go with it.  Can you find the missing link?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:36 pm »

cwurts - what you are asking simply isn't known at this time - EA/Maxis is in the middle of changing a massive portion of the game with regard to meshes even as we speak - the climate-linked clothing of the new Seasons EP.  So even if we had an answer, it would be worthless starting tomorrow for about 50% of the game players.

I know what you are aiming for, and I have walked this same path before you joined the community, and it simply isn't possible with the current understanding of the game.  I am not saying it is impossible, I am saying that there are still too many unknowns.  With the former variation of the game (The Sims) - we had the benefit of lots of insider information given to the community by a former top-level developer from Maxis; that has not occured this time around, so we are still playing guessing games and doing things by trial and error.

With Maxis/EA releasing a new EP every 6 months and Stuff Packs at irregular intervals, the custom content community is trapped in a cycle of recovery and catch-up.  If you make the breakthrough, it will be a miracle, just like every other discovery about the game's coding.

tntmac fans7

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »

Tight, man! Keep it up. Great details. Smiley

Tyler or Tommy Cheesy
web.mac.com/jgilbertproductions

Macs shall prevail!
Apples rule!
emo5

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 05:32:17 pm »

thank you
dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2007, 06:45:43 pm »

i love it Wink more then i should

Live Life to the fullest because, there may never be a tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: