Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:29:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Security/Welfare Career! Testers Please!  (Read 29628 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jphill11

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:37:54 pm »

Social Security Recipient "Career"

EP Compatible
Won't overwite any other careers
For adults, teens and elders.
Custom icon.
No chance cards (because you only go to "work" for an hour a week to pick up your check.)
One level, no promotions, demotions, etc.

What this career does:

Ever want a welfare Sim?  Well now you can have one.  Available for adults, teens or elder, with teens and elders getting a little less money than adults (because teens should get less and elders might be also earning a pension in retirement.)  I wasn't sure what kind of income this career should have and I wound up doing it this way: Social Security in the U.S. is supposed to give you enough money to cover your basic needs, and in some cases a little more than that.  In real life it depends on how much money other people in your household are making.  Since there's no way to factor that in in the Sims, I decided to take the lowest paying jobs in the game (dishwasher and golf caddy), and make this pay a bit less than those. Those two jobs pay 126 a day five days a week, a weekly total of 630.  So the Social Security Recipients get 600 a week.  Teens/Elders get 450.  The "job" requires to going to work on Friday mornings to get your check, from 8 (carpool time) to 10.  Teens/Elders 4-6.  

Because this is a career, you can't have it and another career at the same time; however, you can have it and be retired, or you can have it and own a business.  College Students are limited of course so they can't have this unless you're using a hack that lets them have a career.  And just like my Self-Emplyed and Unemployed careers, you'll get the "Dina has the day off!" pop up every day (except Friday.)

The custom icon was made by me and is loosely based on the United States Social Security Administration logo (very loosely!)

This career ill appear in the regular job listings like any other career, or you can assign it with the Insimenator or Monique's computer, etc.

Enjoy!

- Judy
judy@epix.net

* socialsecurityrecipient.zip (195.06 KB - downloaded 8115 times.)
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:21:41 am »

HA! Amazeing career, bravo! I love this.

BOW BEFORE THE LORD OF THE EVIL SIMS
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:10:32 pm »

Very nice!!
CTNutmegger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 04:13:16 pm »

Thanks so much, this is a really good idea! Cheesy
Moon Jaguar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 07:53:04 pm »

Heh, I wish my disability paid me that much simoleons and paid me weekly!

Your pomona is very extinct
Crocus3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 07:37:18 am »

Brilliant idea
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 02:29:32 pm »

I've noticed one problem with this career.  On Saturdays the Sim will get the pop up saying they missed work that day.  I suppose this could be problematic if they ever did miss work on Friday, they could get the message in error on Saturday too and actually get fired.  I'm looking into this to see if I can fix it.
Sweetdey26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 08:46:27 pm »

jphill11, thanks a bunch.

Judging on InSIMenator.net and loving every minute!:hammer:
Found Love...Blessed in every way...
Friends, Fun, & Sims SimsSkirts Family
Real Friends, Real Fun, Real Sims 2
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 07:53:17 pm »

This seems cool. Do we have the status yet on the Saturday missed work issue?

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 12:40:50 pm »

Do we have the status yet on the Saturday missed work issue?

I haven't been able to fix it yet, however, it seems to be pretty harmless.  You go to work Friday and are told you missed work Saturday.  If you actually DO miss work Friday, you don't get a warning for that, but you will Saturday.  So it seems impossible to miss two days in a row, so you can't get fired.  And you'll get paid if you go to work Friday, you won't get paid if you don't, as you'd expect.  So it's an annoyance, and if I ever figure out how to fix it I will, but until then it doesn't do any harm.

There's also a rumour that custom careers don't work with Pets, and I'm trying to figure that out myself.  This rumour comes up with EVERY expansion pack and it's never been true before, but I personally do have a problem with the carpools not showing up for pets with jobs, so I'm beginning to wonder.

EDIT: I discovered my problem with pet carpools was caused by Simlogical's Instition Sign.  There may be other hacks that cause the problem as well, however, as far as I can tell custom careers DO work with the Pets EP.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 06:29:42 pm by jase439 » Logged
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 08:54:39 pm »

Lol, this looks pretty nice! :grin:

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:08 am »

thanx Cheesy another career to have Cheesy

:brain:
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 10:26:21 am »

Excellent...I love it! Great idea!
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 02:03:49 pm »

Perfect for my trailer park sims!  Thx!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
tameno8

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 01:17:33 am »

i love this career! i use it for extra income for my home buisness/buisness people, like when i'm having them make product for the shop. but i still love it all the same.THANK YOU!:grin:
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: